• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Worst Gimmick Round 1b: The Ringmaster vs Papa Shango

Which is the Worst Gimmick?

• Ringmaster

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Papa Shango

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chris

Super Moderator
Dec 23, 2011
Just West of Parts Unkown
Ringmaster was terrible bc of WHO it was given to and worse in hindsight with what Austin became, but I really think nostalgia causes y'all to CRAZY overrate Papa Shango when all his shit was terrible, from his shitty squashes using "voodoo spells" to that terrible Warrior feud to missing his cue at 'Mania so Sid had to kick out of the Leg Drop :lmao (Not really a knock on the gimmick there, but still hilarious.) Only thing good I'll say about Shango is it was a pretty cool look.

OMBayBay

Hail To The King
Jun 10, 2019
Buffalo
Ringmaster was terrible bc of WHO it was given to and worse in hindsight with what Austin became, but I really think nostalgia causes y'all to CRAZY overrate Papa Shango when all his shit was terrible, from his shitty squashes using "voodoo spells" to that terrible Warrior feud to missing his cue at 'Mania so Sid had to kick out of the Leg Drop :lmao (Not really a knock on the gimmick there, but still hilarious.) Only thing good I'll say about Shango is it was a pretty cool look.

To be fair Shango said they missed the cue for him backstage.

Reactions: Chris

Keith

Aug 6, 2010
Shango was a shit gimmick no doubt but it was so bad it was actually entertaining, besides it was the 90's and you could get away with that stuff:lmao

The Ringmaster was a 1980's outdated gimmick and worst it was given to the wrong person. Because of that I think it might go far in the tourney.

Cwalker

Feb 25, 2012
I feel like I’m the only one that put Ringmaster on their list and I only did it because of what Austin would be come.

But Papa Shango was cool. Not even the worst Charles Wright gimmick if we’re being honest

Chris

Super Moderator
Dec 23, 2011
Just West of Parts Unkown
I feel like I’m the only one that put Ringmaster on their list and I only did it because of what Austin would be come.

But Papa Shango was cool. Not even the worst Charles Wright gimmick if we’re being honest
I think you and Deezy both did, but if not him then someone else definitely did bc he was on at least two lists, maybe even three.

Reactions: Cwalker

PHX

Administrator
Dec 3, 2010
For the time it happened I don't see what was wrong Papa Shango's gimmick. Shit legit creeped me out as a kid. This shouldn't even be remotely close.

Reactions: Keith