World X-Cup Details

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
- All of the World Cup competitors were supposed to be at the June 9th TV tapings, but due to VISA issues, this couldn't happen. Basically TNA didn't get the proper paperwork finished in time. This caused Doug Williams, Averno, Rey Bucanero, Ultimo Guerrero and Volador Jr. to miss the show. Taichi Ishikari & Milano Collection A.T. could not be there due to a scheduling conflict. They wanted to have one member of each team on the show to be announced as the captains. Alex Kozlov made the show because he is a US Citizen.

- As of now the format for the World X-Cup will be one tag match from each team as well as one singles match from each team on TV, with points being assigned to the winners. Then there will be two PPV matches to crown the winning team, which will be multi-man gimmick matches. One likely being an elimination style match, with the finals believed to be an Ultimate X Match to crown the winning team. These final matches will happen at the Victory Road PPV.

Credit: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Obvious question, is there a pole match involved?

Man that's pathetic. TNA wanted to book them and waited so long they could only get 3 out of like 8. This kind of schefuling idiocy should not be happening in a company with a national TV deal.

On a side note though: Doi and Yoshino possibly in an Ultimate X match = Gold.

PeepShow

Guns vs. Speed Muscle in an Ultimate X would have me order that PPV just for that, honestly.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Oh boy, more TNA gimmick matches.

TNA's X Cup makes me want to watch TNA more than I have the past couple of months. It has less of a focus on the wacky storylines, which is good. I just saw a Milano match, I'm becoming a fan of his style. For Team Mexico, Bucanero & Guerrero should put on some pretty interesting matches for the X Cup.

chessarmy

Why didn't TNA work on the flights and stuff earlier? Now we have to wait even longer for the damned thing to start. As many of you already stated, MCMG vs Doi and Yoshino in a Ultimate X match would be gold, I would love to see it

Qwake

TNE = idiots!

screwing up the flights is just pure stupid, we could have seen alot more of the X-cup guys on Impact and possibly another match...But I really hope it is MCMG Vs team Japan or Mexico in the finals in a Ultimate X match, any of those teams would make it a great match! (team international isnt to great imo)

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
Soon you will all realize that Tyson Dux IS the best worker in North America. :mwahaha:

It would be nice if they stretched this out the whole summer or at least to the Hard Justic PPV, to make it seem "Olympic" like. But i won't complain, I'll plunk down my money on Victory Road and pray for the best...Which is what you always have to do with a TNA PPV event.

Reaction score
I know that i might sound like an idiot but why not a ultimate X Gauntlet with every man from each team in the match

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
Rey Bucanero & Ultimo Guerrero are set to work TNA's Impact tapings on Monday and Tuesday of next week. They will be part of the World X Cup. The finals of the World X Cup will be at TNA's July 13th PPV in Houston, TX.

Credit: PWInsider.com

This is actually a bigger deal than most are going to make it, as Los Guerreros vs. Speed Muscle, if TNA is smart enough to do it, is a dream match for puro and lucha fans. Hell, I'd love to see MCMG vs. Los Guerreros if that first match isn't in the cards.

Too bad that the World X Cup isn't longer, because they could really gain some new viewers if they spotlighted it for longer than 3 weeks.