World Wrestling Entertainment: The Post-Vince Era (2022)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
WWE Monday Night RAW
Card Preview

If you wanna predict the matches for fun, feel free to do so. I love participation in my threads.

Intercontinental Championship

Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. Seth Rollins

Non-Title Match
RKBro vs. Alpha Academy

Bianca Belair vs. Naomi

AJ Styles vs. Damian Priest

Cesaro vs. Austin Theory

Rey & Dominik Mysterio vs. Sheamus & Ridge Holland

Experience it LIVE! on Monday Night RAW!

Death By Looch

Peace, Love & Fuck You
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix

Non-Title Match
RKBro
vs. Alpha Academy

Bianca Belair vs. Naomi

Cesaro vs. Austin Theory

Rey & Dominik Mysterio
vs. Sheamus & Ridge Holland

Reactions: Bobby Barrows

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
WWE Monday Night RAW
Card Preview

If you wanna predict the matches for fun, feel free to do so. I love participation in my threads.

Non-Title Match

RKBro vs. Alpha Academy

Bianca Belair
vs. Naomi

Cesaro vs. Austin Theory

Experience it LIVE! on Monday Night RAW!

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score

Shinsuke Nakamura (c)
vs. Seth Rollins

Non-Title Match

RKBro
vs. Alpha Academy

Bianca Belair vs. Naomi

Cesaro vs. Austin Theory

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD

DQ, breaks out into a tag team match.

Non-Title Match
RKBro vs. Alpha Academy

By a distraction roll up.

Bianca Belair vs. Naomi

Bianca Belair by a roll up.

AJ Styles by DQ because Damian Priest goes full Mr. Hyde

Cesaro vs. Austin Theory

Austin Theory after two minutes.

Double DQ caused by Happy Corbin and his Meowth side-kick. They proceed to cut shit dad jokes for 20 minutes.

Wait, nvm, YOU'RE BOOKING THIS, not current WWE.

Looking forward to the show.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl

Non-Title Match
RKBro
vs. Alpha Academy

Bianca Belair vs. Naomi

AJ Styles
vs. Damian Priest

Cesaro vs. Austin Theory

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Looking forward to this - I love getting to read Grim projects. Hoping for this one - to be a mainstay this year!

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms

_EvvUKA4aYSLjYrRGSS4eVVAl2gWLwZiDrF9Ne7OPq7L03iNA3--fPkEFa3HTOP53tIbF-QgxJQ-6kMca0rL7kr4pnGIxa2l5onfhDk62gqwMwgHpONtvWBAJy5Bzh-aKvPv43l9

Monday Night
RAW

January 3, 2022
Bon Secours Wellness Arena
Greensville, South Carolina

The show opens up on Monday Night Raw to pyro and manic fans eager to see the excitement, sights, and sounds of WWE's premier television program! We're welcomed by the voices of this program: Jimmy Smith, Byron Saxton, and Pat McAfee (who had been moved from SmackDown!), who declares that tonight will change the course of WWE history forever; it is the WWE Draft, and not only that, the first RAW of the year! The announcers do not get much time before the sound of Motorhead blares over the arena.

- King of Kings -

From the back comes the newly appointed CEO of WWE: Triple H! He saunters down to the ring in his fine-looking business suit and is ready to get the show underway. He looks out at the crowd, realizing that this would be his first real public address to the crowd while holding the highest office in WWE. He silences the crowd and puts the microphone to his mouth. Noticeably, Triple H seems to be holding something concealed via a black cloth... this perhaps has something to do with one of his announcements.

Triple H: Now we all know what's been going on and how crazy the last few months have been, so I shouldn't have any trouble trying to explain everything to everyone in this crowd and for those at home. For those not in the know, however, tonight is the first night of the WWE Draft. We are about to play witness to one of the most historic nights in Monday Night RAW history; allow me to get several things out of the way first...

First things first, there are those who have been aware of the rumors, aware of the gossip in the back, and there are those who may not want to believe it... but it is with a heavy heart that I must announce that NXT UK will be merging with NXT by the end of the month. It is a shame to have to announce this now, but it was a business decision that we felt was necessary for the business to move forward. As such, the NXT UK Champion will maintain his title on NXT.

The crowd boos the news as this means that so many British wrestlers may be losing out on opportunities for them, but Triple H powers through this to get to his next point.

Triple H: Our second piece of business is that moving forward, WWE will officially be bringing back brand-exclusive premium live events. Following the Royal Rumble, RAW and SmackDown! will play host to several exclusive events of their own, beginning with the return of RAW's very own WWE Roadblock next month. WWE is also very happy to announce the return of King of the Ring as a co-brand premium live event. With this in mind, we are hoping to bring to life a better essence of what Sports Entertainment is all about and how we can cater to the WWE Universe.

Our third issue tonight has to do with the upcoming World Championship Unification bout scheduled at the Royal Rumble between RAW's WWE Champion Bobby Lashley and SmackDown's Universal Champion Roman Reigns. It is no secret that behind the scenes we feel that WWE can no longer viably stand by and watch two world champions on two separate brands... after all, how can one prove to be the undisputed best if there are two claimants to the title of world champion? As such, the WWE World Championship Unification match at the Royal Rumble will be a No Disqualification and No Count-Out match; there must be a winner in this bout and we will not accept anything less-

- Head of the Table -

Out comes the WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns with his manager Paul Heyman in tow. The both of them look most displeased as a matter of fact. They climb into the ring, where Triple H really looks as though he has no patience for this chicanery by the WWE Universal Champion. Heyman takes a microphone and starts to have a moan about this.

Paul Heyman: I must profess, Triple H, our "glorious" new Chief Executive Officer of WWE, that we are most displeased by the decision that you and the company have decided upon here for the future of the company. How dare you make a decision like this without consulting the WWE Universal Champion and Head of the Table of WWE, dear Hunter.

Triple H: Alright Roman, what gives? Why do you get that idiot talking for you? You and I both know that you hate my guts, so why don't you just say what you gotta say?

Roman Reigns: You think you can just come in here and enter *my* ring and make demands of the Tribal Chief? Remember who it was who beat your ass black & blue several years ago and sent you crawling back to your dear bitch of a wife? Push me, Hunter, and I'll gladly do it again.

Triple H: You'd love for me to kick your teeth down your throat, Roman, but I'm here on business, and you're gonna have to wait in line like the rest of them. This isn't just demanded from me, "champ". This is a demand by the WWE Universe. You know damn well they want to see you and Bobby Lashley get in that ring and prove who the better man is. If you're feeling cowardly, though, we can very well just strip that title from you and give it to Lashley himself; though I bet your pride would even keep that from happening. Either way, as far as I can see, Roman, you got one of two options: You either never see this title again, or you fight like a man.

Roman Reigns: Is that the way you wanna threaten the Tribal Chief, the WWE Universal Champion, the man who has held this title for longer than anyone on God's green earth? You know what they say, Hunter, you fight the bull you get-

- Titan -

Immediately cutting off Roman is the theme to the WWE World Heavyweight Champion: Bobby Lashley. He saunters out with MVP in tow, the two wearing fine clothes and great suits. They both get in the ring and Roman Reigns and Lashley both look irritated and ready to already come to blows; MVP steps in front of Lashley while Heyman tries to keep Roman at bay. The both of them have their Championships clung tight. Triple H sighs and tries to calm things down.

Triple H: If the two of you are looking to fight already, why don't you save it and wait for Royal Rumble, that's when it's gonna really matter. I'm rather peached that you decided to come out of your own volition though Bobby, because I wanted to show you something, alongside Roman. You see, the title unification match at the Royal Rumble won't just be whoever holds both titles... After all, why would an Undisputed World Champion require two titles? No no no, gentlemen, what we have in store for you will perhaps please the both of you. You see, the winner of that title-for-title match at Royal Rumble will become... the *NEW* WWE Undisputed World Heavyweight Champion!

WWE Undisputed.PNG

Bobby Lashley and Roman Reigns eye the new championship with covetous eyes and then turn their attention to one another. Triple H has a smirk on his face as MVP grabs the microphone and looks at everyone in the ring.

MVP:
I must admit, Hunter, that is one fine-looking championship title. We all know it would look even finer around the waist of the Titan, the man who is going to become the usurper of the Head of the Table. Bobby Lashley is going to take you, Roman Reigns, and he's gonna do what he does best; he's gonna beat you within an inch of your life and take what you hold dear, brother. That WWE Universal Title is gonna go poof and poor Paul Heyman is gonna have to give you a crying towel as the Tribal Chief sits in defeat and beholds the NEW WWE UNDISPUTED WORLD CHAMPION!

Roman Reigns: I'm not gonna sit around and play telephone with you two, but Bobby Lashley, know this. If you're really down to challenge the Head of the Table, be prepared to be put in your place. I'm going to knock you down a peg and turn you back into the peasant you are.

Roman Reigns drops the mic and steps out of the ring, Paul Heyman following quickly behind. As they walk up the ramp, Triple H shares a look with MVP and Bobby Lashley, asking quietly that they return backstage as well. Triple H gets the show right back on track though.

Triple H: With all of that out of the way, we're taking care of the biggest situation here tonight: the WWE Draft. Ladies and gentlemen, tonight is the Men's portion of the WWE Draft, in which all male competitors, save for the current world and tag team champions, will be eligible to be selected by either brand. Since RAW is playing host tonight, they will have the first overall draft pick. SmackDown! will then pick second, and then it will return to RAW, and so on, and so forth. However, who is it that will be making these picks? That is what we've all been *really* waiting for, haven't we? The whole WWE Universe wants to know who are the new Commissioners of the WWE!?

Well, I'll be the first to tell you that both of these men have shared a long and arduous history with me; we've all done our time fighting and kicking ass both with and against one another. So who are they? Our first Commissioner will be the head of SmackDown! and he of course needs no introduction... but I'm going to give it to you anyways. This man is a SIXTEEN-time World Champion; he is a two-time Royal Rumble winner, a Money in the Bank winner, and one of the biggest names in all of WWE History. Ladies and gentlemen... I give you...

- The Time is Now -

This crowd is losing their minds! Nobody saw it coming but they've been caught by surprise with the reveal that John Cena is officially the SmackDown! Commissioner! The announcers tell the viewers that this is shaping up to already be a game-changing night in WWE history. Who better to lead SmackDown! than "Big Match" John Cena! Cena comes out and celebrates with fans before climbing into the ring, grabbing a microphone and full of smiles.

John Cena: I just gotta say: It's damn good to be back! When WWE asked me to take this position, I wasn't sure at first but lemme tell you, the love for you, the WWE Universe, was too much for me to pass up. I've always lived by the mantra of Hustle, Loyalty, and Respect, and who I am is *loyal* to the WWE no matter what, and that's what I'm here for. I'm going to make SmackDown! the most respectable brand for all of the WWE Universe, and you damn sure can bet the farm on that!

The crowd cheers and applauses Cena's words and appointment to the position of WWE SmackDown! Commissioner.

Triple H: John, you and I both know that you're a damn good wrestler, and you have all the potential in the world to help lead SmackDown! to a brighter future, but you've got some tough competition ahead of you in regards to the RAW Commissioner... You see, John, you and this man have never had a chance to wrestle one another. He and I though have had a lot of words in the past; a lot of bloody battles, and more than once we both tried to end each other's careers. This man is a six-time WWE World Champion, a King of the Ring winner, a THREE time Royal Rumble winner...

*GLASS SHATTERS*

- I Won't Do What You Tell Me -

IT'S STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN MAKING HIS WAY TO THE RING! This crowd is electric for Stone Cold! Austin gets in and gives the crowd exactly what they want, a little piece of Austin. He then turns his attention to John Cena and stares him down and then turns to Triple H. The two exchange a long look at one another before Austin grabs a microphone.

Steve Austin: Well well well, Hunter. You know what they say, things truly do go full circle. If y'all wanna see Stone Cold Steve Austin as RAW Commissioner, gimme a hell yeah.

The crowd rabidly screams "Hell Yeah", Stone Cold has a smirk on his face and looks at John Cena.

Steve Austin: So you're the SmackDown! commissioner, huh? The big man for the blue. Well, it doesn't really bother me who the hell the SmackDown! commissioner is anyways; the only thing that matters to Stone Cold is that he runs RAW and makes damn sure everything runs smoothly; and since Stone Cold's got the first pick of the roster, I'm gonna sit right down at that commentary table, watch the show, and pick when I decide I want to. That's the bottom line, cuz Stone Cold said so!

John Cena: Don't mind if I join you, Stone Cold, after all, I'll be quite interested in seeing who you pick first.

-Commercial Break-

Seth Rollins vs. Shinsuke Nakamura (c)

It's our first match of the evening as Shinsuke Nakamura puts his Intercontinental Championship on the line one-on-one against Seth "Freakin'" Rollins! Steve Austin and John Cena sit by the commentary table to give their thoughts on the upcoming matches tonight, as well as scout the competition here for their respective brands. Rollins and Nakamura size each other up before coming to blows. They have a fairly respectable back and forth match, neither giving an inch of ground to the other and evenly matched.

The finisher however sees Nakamura finally capitalizing on positive momentum swinging his way as he just beats the piss out of Rollins with heavy strikes and kicks. Nakamura sees the opportunity there and goes for the KINSHASA! Rollins moved out of the way just in the knick of time! Rollins climbs to the apron outside and HITS THE SPRINGBOARD KNEE! Nakamura drops down giving Rollins just the timing he needs to hit the CURB STOMP! 1... 2... 3!!! Rollins wins! Rollins wins! Seth Rollins is the NEW Intercontinental Champion!

Winner and *NEW* Intercontinental Champion:
Seth Rollins
Seth Rollins clambers for his newly won Intercontinental Championship and celebrates obnoxiously in the ring. Steve Austin mentions something about finally deciding his pick and throws off his headset and climbs into the ring. Seth doesn't notice him at first, but when he turns around and sees Austin right in his face; Rollins backs up and clutches his Intercontinental Championship.

Steve Austin: Woah woah woah, son. Where do you think you're going now? What's wrong, Seth? You just won the Intercontinental Championship and now you look like you've seen a ghost. Is it cuz you're looking eye-to-eye with the Texas Rattlesnake? Are you quivering? *What?* Are you shaking? *What?* Are you scared of Stone Cold? *What?* I said "scared of Stone Cold". *What?* I SAID, "SCARED OF STONE COLD!"

That's good Seth, because any time, any place, I could drop your ass with the Stunner, just like that... but I ain't out here to pick a fight. I'm out here to pick *my* roster. You impressed the hell out of Stone Cold Steve Austin, so tell you what, Intercontinental Champion... With the first draft pick in the WWE Draft, Stone Cold and Monday Night Raw picks the *new* Intercontinental Champion Seth Rollins!

John Cena takes off his own headset and stands up, grabbing a microphone and stopping both Rollins from celebrating a double victory for him, and Austin thinking he has the advantage.

John Cena: Hol' up, hol' up, hol' up! I see what you're doing here, Austin; you think you can get one over on Friday Night SmackDown! by picking the Intercontinental Champion? That's smart, real smart, but Seth has a lot to learn compared to SmackDown!'s pick, my friend. You wanna pick Seth Rollins? Great! Friday Night SmackDown! is gonna take... A... J... Styles.

Rollins looks as though he doesn't care, but Steve Austin scoffs and takes the microphone and bites back against Cena's pick; it's clear Austin and Cena are trying to one-up one another, and it's very competitive in the draft tonight.

Steve Austin: Well hell, son, Styles is a good pick, but you ain't gonna get the best of Stone Cold Steve Austin. My next pick is a WWE Hall of Famer and a man that our new Intercontinental Champion has a lot of experience with... Edge!

As soon as the pick is made, Rollins looks most displeased and shakes his head, asking Austin, "What the hell are you doing? Edge of all people?!" Austin shrugs off Rollins concerns as he thinks to himself for a few moments and then makes yet another pick.

John Cena: ... Friday Night SmackDown selects Kevin Owens.

Steve Austin: Drew McIntyre! How do you like that you sonuvabitch?

John Cena: I like it just fine Austin because that allows me to take... Finn Balor.

Austin and Cena stare each other down as the Announcers admit that it's time for a commercial break but they will find out what happens next on this WWE Draft edition of Monday Night RAW!

- Commercial Break -

After the commercial break, we find ourselves in Hunter's office where he's managed to corral Steve Austin and John Cena; the two are eye-balling each other as Triple H sighs and rubs his eyes. He can tell this is not gonna be fun dealing with these two.

Triple H: C'mon you two, I get you're all hopped up on whatever juice you two got, but at least make your decisions calmly and not fly off the handle like that.

Steve Austin: Ah shut up, Hunter. I decide who I want, and there's nothing this little bastard can do about it.

John Cena: We'll just see about that, after all, SmackDown! already has for ourselves an all-star brand with Styles, Owens, and Balor.

Austin: RAW can kick ass just like Stone Cold could back in the day, and you and I both know it son. But it doesn't really make much difference, does it?
In from the side of the screen comes the hulking figure of Braun Strowman, finally having made his return to the WWE tonight, and he looks most displeased.

Braun Strowman: Gentlemen? You know, I've left myself wondering just why it is I haven't been picked by either of you... Braun Strowman isn't a very happy man, he's back here to knock some skulls and make sure everyone remembers why it is that I'm the biggest and baddest monster in all of WWE...

Steve Austin scoffs and stares at the big man unafraid.

Austin: Well hell, son, if you had said something earlier, maybe Stone Cold coulda, shoulda, and woulda picked ya. Ya big dumb sonuvabitch! You think Austin gives a damn about who you are? Uh-uh! He only cares about one thing, whether or not you got what it takes to last with him on RAW. I seen you work, I seen you wrestle all around, and lemme tell you something, Stone Cold knows you got what it takes. So Stone Cold is gonna pick you, you big bastard. How's that make you feel?
The flashes of anger from Strowman as he was being insulted subsides as a smirk grows across his face. He nods his head and chuckles at Stone Cold Steve Austin before turning to John Cena indignantly.

Braun Strowman: You picked wisely, Stone Cold. Mr. Cena? You've made the biggest mistake of your life passing on me, and I'll make sure you regret it someday.

Braun walks off camera as John Cena exhales slowly and grins like an idiot.

John Cena: Whew, big guy with a bad temper, am I right? Not a bad pick though Stone Cold. I must say I'm pretty impressed... but you forgot someone I was hoping you would. See, I mentioned earlier on you got the Intercontinental Champion, that's great for you... but SmackDown! could use some championship gold themselves... so SmackDown! selects the United States Champion: Sami Zayn!

Steve Austin: Well hell, if you're playing that game, Austin's gonna have to get creative, isn't he? Tell ya what, Steve Austin's gonna go ahead and with the 9th pick in the WWE Draft, he's gonna take... The New Day, Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods.

John Cena: Picking a tag team early, huh? Alright alright, New Day is the way to go, but I'm gonna choose the man who until tonight held the Intercontinental Championship: Shinsuke Nakamura.

Steve Austin: Picking a man who couldn't even hold onto his title? Damn son, I dunno whether to laugh or give you a crying towel; but that pick gives Stone Cold the opportunity to take Big E.

John Cena: I admit, that's a great pick Austin... thinking about it right now, I better take a tag team of my own... so I'm gonna take a team that's tough as nails and I know you'd just love to have: Sheamus and Ridge Holland.
Bianca Belair vs. Naomi

Our second contest of the evening is for one-fall between Bianca Belair and Naomi. Both are looking to find some momentum for the future and possibly a spot in this year's Women's Royal Rumble match... or even better, a title opportunity for whatever brand they will end up come SmackDown!'s portion of the WWE Draft. Both start off grappling with one another but Naomi takes control in the early going as the wily veteran. The commentary talks about how Bianca Belair has been sort of wandering in the wilderness for some time after losing the SmackDown! Women's Championship to Becky Lynch back at SummerSlam. Naomi has similarly not had anything to do in the last year and a half wherever she's gone, so both are desperate to get a win.

Bianca fights back and starts to mount a comeback but in an interesting spot tries to do a diving dropkick on Naomi, who *jumps* up to dodge the attack, with Belair landing onto her stomach. Naomi drops right onto Belair and starts a camel clutch submission onto her. The commentators mention that that's exactly the kind of in-ring awareness that Naomi possesses, and the athleticism is top-notch. The ending sees Belair finally remounting a comeback, dumping Naomi outside and suicide diving the both of them into the announcer's table. Belair throws Naomi back in the ring, who has some awareness and rushes the opposite ropes and comes back as Belair is climbing into the ring... she attempts the Rear View but BIANCA COUNTERS IT INTO THE KISS OF DEATH FOR THE PIN! 1... 2... 3!!! Bianca Belair squeaked out a damn close win for herself against a tough opponent who caught a bad break at the end. The announcers talk about how impressed they were by Belair's performance and gutsy comeback to get the win.

Winner:
Bianca Belair
We sneak backstage and see Roman Reigns, The Usos, and Paul Heyman discussing things for a snippet; particularly Heyman and Usos hyping up Roman.
Heyman: Listen, listen, listen: Bobby Lashley may be the WWE Champion, but you are the Head of the Table. You're gonna wipe the floor with him and take home both World Titles. If Triple H wants to really go through with this, then you know for a fact you're gonna show him just why you've been the Universal Champion for so long.

The camera then cuts to Bobby Lashley being hyped up by the HURT Business (Shelton Benjamin & Cedric Alexander), especially MVP.
MVP: That title is yours, brother. You are the Titan, the WWE Champion; come the Royal Rumble, Roman Reigns is gonna be relegated to the children's table. I'll take care of some business and make damn sure all of us stay together.

- Commercial Break -
We return to shots of RKBro and Alpha Academy prepping for their matches tonight and the Announcers hype up the non-title match that will take place shortly... but we then cut to Triple H's office, where the CEO is accompanied by Steve Austin and John Cena. A knock on the door comes as MVP comes in alone to speak to the new commissioners of WWE.

MVP: Gentlemen, gentlemen, pardon the intrusion, but I must ask if we may speak about our positions on the roster; surely you understand that as the business manager of the HURT Business, I am required to be by the side of the WWE Champion: Bobby Lashley. If Mr. Austin would be so kind as to give us a place on this roster, it would be most appreciated.

Austin: You come in here and you beg Stone Cold for a job? Getting down on your hands and knees and you go, "Oh please Stone Cold, please give me a job!" You think that impresses Stone Cold? You think Stone Cold cares about your troubles? Uh-uh. Stone Cold don't care. He only cares about one thing: how to build the best damn Monday Night RAW roster he can. I seen the HURT Business, I see they damn good, Bobby Lashley is the WWE Champion, and your little tag team is pretty good too. So if there's one thing I'll do, I'll take your team of Shelton Benjamin and Cedric Alexander.

MVP: Oh thank you, Mr. Austin! You won't regret this decision.

MVP happily scurries off as Austin and Cena both shake their head and try to get back to the draft.

John Cena: Well, Austin, I know you're trying to build the best roster possible for Monday Night RAW, but I'm trying to make SmackDown! the premier location for the WWE Universe; so I'm selecting with the 14th pick in the WWE Draft: Damian Priest.

Austin: I'll take a big man that got all the potential in the world. I select Omos.

John Cena: Omos is a good pick, but I've got someone in mind who I think has all the potential to be a future world champion; I'm taking a man who is taking this company by storm... Friday Night SmackDown! is happy to welcome Austin Theory into the fold.

Austin: Hell son, you wanna talk about World Champions, I'll take the legacy of these two: Rey & Dominik Mysterio.

John Cena: I'll counter that pick with a tag team of my own: Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode.
We cut to Becky Lynch walking down a hall backstage before being accosted by backstage interviewer Kevin Patrick.

Kevin Patrick: Becky, I'm certain that you are extremely interested in seeing who ends on RAW following the upcoming WWE Draft, where new Commissioners Steve Austin and John Cena will select the Women's Division on SmackDown! Is there anyone you're most interested in seeing drafted to RAW?

Becky Lynch: Well, I'm gonna be frank. It doesn't matter who Steve Austin or John Cena choose on Friday Night SmackDown! They can draft anyone they damn well please. Come hell or high water, The Man is going to slap them all down and make sure they know just who runs the women's division... not just the women's division... but who runs the whole damn WWE. Now, why don't you get out of my face, ya ugly lookin' creep?

Becky Lynch storms off with her RAW Women's Championship in hand, leaving Patrick behind.

Our next match is now, where it is RAW's recently drafted father/son duo of Rey & Dominik Mysterio facing off against Sheamus and Ridge Holland, who were drafted to SmackDown! Both teams have a solid tandem offense between one another, with the heelish Sheamus & Holland taking command early.

The finish sees Dominik give the hot-tag to Rey, who runs wild on both Holland & Sheamus. He manages to hit the 619 on Sheamus, but before he can hit the West Coast Pop, Holland interferes and knocks Rey off the ropes, who collapses with a thud on the mat! This gives Sheamus enough breathing room to seize the opportunity and BROGUE KICK REY AS HE WAS RISING BACK UP! For extra measure, Sheamus put his feet on the ropes! Just like that Rey & Dominik lost this one!

Winners:
Sheamus & Ridge Holland

Back in Triple H's office, we see Steve Austin looking pissed off, and John Cena looking rather pleased with himself. Triple H shrugs before Cena pipes up.
John Cena: What do you know, looks like an early victory for SmackDown! Already shaping up to be the better roster,..

Steve Austin: Alright you listen here, Stone Cold doesn't give one damn about one loss. You really think you're gonna outdo Stone Cold when it comes to assembling a damn good roster? Uh-uh! Hunter, you said anyone on the roster can be drafted, yeah?

Triple H: That is correct, Austin. You can draft *anyone*, as long as it isn't Bron Breakker, the NXT Champion.

Steve Austin: I don't need any NXT Champion; I want someone who'll be a World Champion for the future... I take a man who reminds me a little of Stone Cold: Tomasso Ciampa.

Both Triple H and John Cena are caught completely off guard by this shocking pick, and the crowd in the arena are losing their mind over this. Cena looks disturbed and shakes his head before a smirk grows over his face. He nods his head admitting that he didn't check for that.
John Cena: You got me there, Austin. Tomasso Ciampa would have done damn well in SmackDown!, but I'm afraid I'm going to pick a future World Champion of my own... SmackDown! better watch out, because here comes... WALTER!

Steve Austin: Dammit, taking someone Stone Cold had his eye on. You wanna play that game, I'll come right back at'cha- RAW takes Keith Lee!

John Cena: You want Keith Lee? Alright, SmackDown! takes Tyler Bate!

Steve Austin: I'll take another man who reminds me of myself, a man who can tear it up with the best of them: Pete Dunne!

John Cena: I'll take a two-for-one deal and select Angel & Humberto! They're the future of SmackDown!'s tag team division.

Triple H: Is there gonna be anything left for NXT...?

- Commercial Break -
Cesaro vs. Austin Theory

We get our next contest for the evening, Cesaro and Austin Theory. It's the grizzled veteran facing off against the hot upstart, and these two take no time in getting real acquainted with one another. They've got 10 minutes to win, and both are desperate for some momentum following this draft. Cesaro controls the early going, but Theory gets in plenty of offense and has the momentum wildly swing his way.

Unfortunately, neither man can capitalize on their power moves! The ending sees Cesaro finally take the upper hand and try to pin Theory, who keeps kicking out or getting his foot on the ropes. One minute is left in the match, and it becomes a scramble for Cesaro to try and get a pin on Theory! Theory manages to wriggle out of a slam by Cesaro... who spins around... RIGHT INTO AN ATAXIA! Theory goes for the pin! 1... 2... DING DING DING! It wasn't enough time for Austin Theory, who absolutely had the match won! This is going to go down as a Time Limit Draw between these two men, but Theory is arguing with the ref rightly that he had the match dead to rights by all means.

Decision:
Time-Limit Draw

Steve Austin: Well look at that, your special pick didn't even get the job done, huh? So much for a future world champion if you ask me. Cesaro had most of the match in control, but you know what, feel free to keep your little Austin Theory; RAW is gonna go ahead and take Ceasro.

John Cena: I'd love for you to have Cesaro, Austin. Really, I do. While you're taking him, I'll take Alpha Academy, Chad Gable & Otis. They've got a lot of upsides and I think they can beat RKBro tonight.

Steve Austin: Like hell, they will, son. You wanna take a tag team though? I'll pick one for myself: The Viking Raiders, Erik & Ivar!

John Cena: Oh yeah? I'll take Rick Boogs.

Steve Austin: Pfft, alright; RAW welcomes Dexter Lumis ya sonuvabitch.

John Cena: SmackDown! takes Ilja Dragunov.

- Commercial Break -
We cut backstage to the locker room where Matt Riddle is relaxing and just vibing. In comes Randy Orton who is hyperfocused as usual and he gets Riddle's attention.

Randy Orton: Listen up, Riddle. Let's keep is short and sweet. We go out there, we win, and then we focus on the Royal Rumble, you got that?

Riddle: Bro, I'm three steps ahead of you. This American Academy, they're now going to SmackDown! We don't gotta worry about them any longer!

Randy Orton: That may be true, but now we have to deal with some tougher teams like The New Day and those Mysterios. I just need to make sure *you're* on the level.

Riddle: You don't need to worry about a thing, Bro.

Orton looks at Riddle for a second before walking away, leaving Riddle to return to vibing.
We cut to Triple H's office where Austin and Cena are looking at papers for the roster and arguing about whoever's roster is better thus far, when in storms The Miz, who is most displeased.

The Miz: I just have one question for the both of you. Why have you not picked me, the WWE's top Hollywood A-Lister and the best superstar in all of this Sports Entertainment company! I am a five star attraction no matter where I go, and I demand a place on one of your rosters.
There's a long pause in the room as The Miz looks increasingly agitated.

John Cena: Well you know, Austin. It's your pick.

Steve Austin: I think I'm pretty good with waiting; I don't know if RAW needs this dumb sonuvabitch on its roster. You can have him John.

John: Oh no no no, I insist, Steve, you take him.

Austin: No thank you; you take him.

The Miz: Okay both of you shut the hell up! Either one of you takes me or I am not leaving this spot; I demand to be a part of the WWE Draft, and if neither of you pick me, I will make you both regret it for the rest of your miserable little live-

Austin snaps and stares down The Miz, who looks quite intimidated by the Texas Rattlesnake.

Austin: SHUT UP! One more word out of you and Stone Cold will open a can of whoop-ass with your scrawny little name on it. You want a job on RAW so bad, here, take it. Just as long as it'll get you the hell out of my face, dumb little punk.

The Miz: How dare you talk to me like that... I'll show you, I'll show all of you.

The Miz storms off in a huff as Triple H chuckles to himself and pats both Commissioners.

Triple H: God, I'm telling you, he's so annoying isn't he? Anyways, where were we? Oh right, Cena, it's your pick.

John Cena: Thank you, Hunter. SmackDown! selects Happy Corbin & Madcap Moss; gotta expand that Tag Team division somehow.

Steve Austin: You're taking a tag team? I'll take one just the same. RAW welcomes the Grizzled Young Veterans.

John Cena: Very well, very well... I'm gonna take a man who needs direction, a man who has been aching for a chance to climb up and grab that brass ring... SmackDown! welcomes Mustafa Ali.

Non-Title Match
Alpha Academy vs. RKBro

It's a non-title match between Alpha Academy and the RAW Tag Team Champions: RKBro. Both teams want to get a win, and Alpha Academy especially could use a win to get some momentum going into SmackDown! Chad Gable actually gets some good offense in against Orton, while Otis takes care of Riddle.

The finish though has momentum swing as Otis finds himself in the ring alone with Orton, who mounts a comeback and a SURPRISE RKO for the 1... 2... 3! RKBro come away with the victory and celebrate in the ring. Alpha Academy limps to the back looking rather dejected at losing this one.

Winners:
RKBro

- Commercial Break -
AJ Styles sits in the locker room as up comes Kevin Patrick.

Kevin Patrick: Styles, if I may, how does it feel to be drafted to SmackDown! Perhaps it gives you a fresh change of scenery, or are you feeling pretty content with yourself?

AJ Styles: Well, Kevin, you and I both know that SmackDown! is where I best made a name for myself for years, and I've always considered it my home. John Cena picking me especially is a real treat after he and I went through some battle; so you ask me if it's a fresh change of scenery, or if I'm feeling pretty content? You're damn right on both counts, bucko. If you excuse me, I've got a match to prepare for.
We return to Triple H's office, whom is pacing back and force while Austin and Cena stare each other down.
Triple H: Alright listen, you both have three picks left. We might as well lay them out on the table, who are they?

Steve Austin: Stone Cold knows talent when he sees it, and Apollo Crews has all the talent in the world.

John Cena: I like Apollo Crews, that's a great pick; but I know just who I want... Kyle O'Reilly.

Steve Austin: I'll take a team... the team of the Street Profits, Montez Ford and Angelo Dawkins. RAW has the best damn Tag Team Division in all of WWE. What do ya gotta say about that?

John Cena: SmackDown! takes a technical genius, and a man who can throw down with the best of them: Drew Gulak.

Triple H: Alright Austin, this is your last pick, better make it count.

Steve Austin: You don't think I don't know that, Hunter? I got a pick alright. This man has been waiting for his shot in the sunshine, and Monday Night RAW is damn well gonna give him his shot. With my final pick, I choose Johnny Gargano.

Triple H: John, the floor is yours. You got anything to top that?

John Cena: I got one for the whole WWE Universe. I was hoping he wouldn't get taken, because this man here means instant ratings and instant credibility for SmackDown!... With my final pick, I select... Brock Lesnar.

It's time for the Main Event! AJ Styles facing off against Damian Priest! Both men have been drafted to SmackDown! so RAW fans get a chance to see this as a warm-up for both men. Styles uses technical wrestling while Priest uses big power moves to swing momentum between one another.

The finish however ends with Priest attempting to go for his finisher... but AJ Styles escapes from it and manages to drop Priest face-first into the turnbuckle! This is AJ's chance! HE CLIMBS UP THE APRON... PHENOMENAL FOREARM! 1... 2... 3! FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN'S 1ST ROUND DRAFT PICK HAS PROVEN WHY HE IS PHENOMENAL YET AGAIN! The crowd is glad to see AJ win this match, and the announcers hype up Friday Night SmackDown! as potentially even more exciting action coming the WWE Universe's way as they sign off.

Winner:
AJ Styles

- End Show -

WWE Draft Day 1
Monday Night RAW
Friday Night SmackDown!
Seth RollinsAJ Styles
EdgeKevin Owens
Drew McIntyreFinn Balor
Braun StrowmanSami Zayn
Kofi Kingston & Xavier WoodsShinsuke Nakamura
Big ESheamus & Ridge Holland
Shelton Benjamin & Cedric AlexanderDamian Priest
OmosAustin Theory
Rey & Dominik MysterioDolph Ziggler & Robert Roode
Tomasso CiampaWALTER
Keith LeeTyler Bate
Pete DunneAngel & Humberto
CesaroChad Gable & Otis
Erik & IvarRick Boogs
Dexter LumisIlja Dragunov
The MizHappy Corbin & Madcap Moss
James Drake & Zack GibsonMustafa Ali
Apollo CrewsKyle O'Reilly
Montez Ford & Angelo DawkinsDrew Gulak
Johnny GarganoBrock Lesnar

Last edited:

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Prediction Results:

Jeff - 4/6
Juice - 3/6
Looch - 3/6
TFW - 3/6

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
RAW 3rd January - Review
- From a booking standpoint - merging NXT UK with NXT makes most sense, because as a writer having to work with that many brands is an incredible undertaking. In terms of the world itself - I think this also allows you to claim people from the European wrestling scene much more easily without having to micro-manage it so much later down the line.

- Also brand exclusive PPVs is always something I have been a big fan of - especially in the fantasy realm. I also like the idea of a title unification match especially within this world that you have started to create for the readership.

- The intensity between Roman and Hunter was very much there - I do feel as though there is a bit of teasing there and perhaps later down the line, we will in fact get the horns. Bobby comes out and the heat between both men simply radiates only for Hunter to introduce the new undisputed belt.

- Cena as the Smackdown Commissioner? I am curious in which direction this is going to go now - certainly not someone I would have expected. Stone Cold as your RAW pick - is a little less shocking, but both men on opposite brands offers a very interesting dynamic. A solid opening to this Grim Era.

- Rollins beating Nak makes logical sense to me - more so because at this point in time, WWE just haven't been used Nakamura very well and if you are going to elevate him you first need to build him from the ground up again. And if this is not your route - then Rollins holding one of the secondary belts, is certainly an angle that offers a lot of potential matches and rivalries at your disposal.

- Austin picks Rollins, Cena picks Styles. Edge. Owens. Drew, Balor. Those are certainly two very big picks and Rollins, Edge and Drew on one side and Styles, Owens and Balor on the other already creates a number of potential big matches in the horizon of a reader's mind - generally all strong picks anyway and no choice that you would raise an eyebrow and question.

- I enjoyed Strowman selling himself and in turn Austin just straight up picking him - the segment itself was just refreshing and didn't feel like it was following a particular cut and paste formula. Cena picking the United States Championship makes sense - more so because of what the titles means to him as a character and less because of it being held by Zayn. At least that is how I am interpreting the situation. I could be wrong though.

- Thought I was having Deja Vu with this Belair and Naomi match and then I realised it happened in Lethal's project as well. Personally, Naomi is never going to be a real threat - but I also have zero investment in Bianca - so it is what it is. You can't please everyone, although there is so much talent available maybe this project will eliminate these sort of matches from the landscape.

- I liked that Lynch doesn't care which brand she gets drafted too - she has no concerns at all, because there is the belief in herself to dominate where ever she lands.

- Personally love Ridge Holland considering his IRL background - such bias on my part, and have enjoyed him with Sheamus. So its an extra bonus seeing him beat Rey and Dom - Rey is a legend, but Dom smh - why just why is this guy even a thing.

- Ciampa finally getting out of NXT - well that is something I can really get behind. And then just like that Cena snaps up WALTER. Two equally as massive signings to the main roster. I also enjoyed Triple H, making the comment of NXT actually having anything left - on that note I am really curious in the manner by which you construct NXT. That could really be the defining part of this entire project.

- Cesaro and Theory draw - I can get behind that. I would love for both men to get real pushes in this project and perhaps Cesaro even gets the rub of the the big one - we can all hope for it anyway. I actually like the idea of Austin being annoyed as fuck by The Miz but still picking him, just to get rid of him. Will be curious to see how you use the WWE first two-time grand slam winner in this project.

- Cena's final pick of Brock Lesnar was certainly a swerve and something I wasn't expecting at all, the night ending with AJ beating Damien brought an end to the evening.

Overall: A good read - and curious where things are going to go, once we depart this transition phase that always exist whenever there is a draft. It was a good ready though Barry, and you certainly wet my whistle.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Men's Roster
(Official)

Monday Night RAW
Friday Night SmackDown!
NXT
Angelo Dawkins
Apollo Crews
Bobby Lashley (WWE Champion)
Big E
Braun Strowman
Cedric Alexander
Cesaro
Commander Azeez
Dexter Lumis
Dominik Mysterio
Drew McIntyre
Edge
Erik
Ivar
James Drake
Johnny Gargano
Keith Lee
Kofi Kingston
Mace
Matt Riddle
The Miz
Montez Ford
MVP
Omos
Pete Dunne
Randy Orton
Rey Mysterio
Reggie
R-Truth
Roderick Strong
Seth Rollins (Intercontinental Champion)
Shelton Benjamin
T-Bar
Tomasso Ciampa
Xavier Woods
Zack Gibson
AJ Styles
Angel
Austin Theory
Akira Tozawa
Brock Lesnar
Chad Gable
Damian Priest
Drew Gulak
Dolph Ziggler
Elias
Finn Balor
Gable Steveson
Happy Corbin
Humberto
Ilja Dragunov
Jey Uso
Jimmy Uso
Jinder Mahal
Kevin Owens
Kyle O'Reilly
Madcap Moss
Mansoor
Mustafa Ali
Noam Dar
Otis
Rick Boogs
Ricochet
Ridge Holland
Robert Roode
Roman Reigns (Universal Champion)
Sami Zayn (United States Champion)
Shanky
Sheamus
Shinsuke Nakamura
Tyler Bate
Veer Mahan
WALTER
A-Kid
Andre Chase
Ashton Smith
Boa
Bodhi Hayward
Bron Breakker (NXT Champion)
Brooks Jenson
Brutus Creed
Cameron Grimes
Carmelo Hayes (North American Champion)
Charlie Dempsey
Dante Chen
Dave Mastiff
Duke Hudson
Eddie Dennis
Edris Enofe
Fabian Aichner
Flash Morgan Webster
Grayson Waller
Harland
Ikemen Jiro
Jack Starz
Joaquin Wilde
Joe Coffey
Joe Gacy
Jordan Devlin
Josh Briggs
Julius Creed
Kenny Williams
Kushida
LA Knight
Lewis Howley
Malik Blade
Mark Andrews
Marcel Barthel
Mark Coffey
Nash Carter
Nathan Frazer
Odyssey Jones
Oliver Carter
Primate
Raul Mendoza
Ru Feng
Rampage Brown
Rohan Raja
Sam Gradwell
Sam Stoker
Sanga
Santos Escobar
Solo Sikoa
Saxon Huxley
Sha Samuels
T-Bone
Teoman
Tick Williams
Tony D’Angelo
Trent Seven
Von Wagner
Wes Lee
Wild Boar
Wolfgang
Xyon Quinn
Tag Teams
Apollo Crews & Commander Azeez
Erik & Ivar
James Drake & Zack Gibson
Kofi Kingston & Xavier Woods
Montez Ford & Angelo Dawkins
Rey & Dominik Mysterio
Randy Orton & Matt Riddle
Shelton Benjamin & Cedric Alexander
Angel & Humberto
Chad Gable & Otis
Dolph Ziggler & Robert Roode
Happy Corbin & Madcap Moss
Jimmy & Jey Uso
Jinder Mahal & Shanky
Sheamus & Ridge Holland
Brutus Creed & Julius Creed
Kayden Carter & Amari Miller
Kushida & Ikemen Jiro
Lewis Howley & Sam Stoker
Malik Blade & Edris Enofe
Marcel Barthel & Fabian Aichner
Mark & Joe Coffey
Nash Carter & Wes Lee
Primate & Wild Boar

Last edited:

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
800px-WWE_NXT_%282021%29_Logo.svg.png

January 4th, 2022
WWE Performance Center
Orlando, Florida
Quick Results:

NXT Tag-Team & UK Tag Team Championship Unification
Fabian Aichner & Marcel Barthel d. Tyler Bate & Trent Seven

NXT United Kingdom Championship
Jordan Devlin d. Ilja Druganov (c)

NXT Women's & UK Women's Championship Unification
Meiko Satomura d. Mandy Rose

NXT North American Championship
Carmelo Hayes (c) d. Rohan Raja

NXT Championship
Bron Breakker (c) d. Cameron Grimes

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Official WWE Premium Live Event Schedule

- Royal Rumble [January 29th, 2022]
- Roadblock (RAW) [February 19th, 2022]
- Fastlane (SmackDown!) [March 12th, 2022]
- WrestleMania XXXVIII [April 3rd, 2022]
- Backlash (RAW) [May 8th, 2022]
- Money in the Bank [June 12th, 2022]
- The Great American Bash (SmackDown!) [July 3rd, 2022]
- SummerSlam [August 14th, 2022]
- King of the Ring [September 17th, 2022]
- Halloween Havoc (RAW) [October 22nd, 2022]
- Survivor Series [November 26th, 2022]
- Clash of the Champions (SmackDown!) [December 24th, 2022]

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
grim_sd3_smallvojjm.png

- SmackDown! Synopsis -
wwe-draft-2021.jpg

Night 2 of the WWE Draft!

Friday Night SmackDown! not only has a new look but now plays host to Night 2 of the WWE Draft. As the host for the evening, SmackDown! will control the first overall draft pick in the Women's portion of the WWE Draft. With a run-time of two hours, both brands will be given the choice of 15 picks each with all superstars on the Women's roster available, save for the following champions:

Becky Lynch (RAW Women's Champion
Charlotte Flair (SmackDown! Women's Champion)
Carmella & Queen Zelina (Women's Tag Team Champion)
Meiko Satomura (NXT Women's Champion)

Gigi Dollin & Jacy Jayne (NXT Women's Tag Team Championship)

After making their selections, the rest of the Women's roster will be selected shortly after SmackDown! Those not selected by either brand will be moved to NXT automatically.​

0e57b-15611117609633-800.jpg

Charlotte to Defend SmackDown! Women's Championship

This upcoming SmackDown! will see Charlotte Flair defend the SmackDown! Women's Championship against Xia Li. Charlotte has had a stranglehold on the Women's division for most of her run as SmackDown! Women's Champion, and there are rumors that she may in fact enter the Women's Royal Rumble to seek out new challenges for herself. The 12-time Women's Champion is likely looking to win the Rumble to face off against the RAW Women's Champion at WrestleMania XXXVIII.​
maxresdefault.jpg

A Test Run For The Champions?
The HURT Business vs. The Bloodline

For one night only, the WWE Champion and the Universal Champion will be facing off on SmackDown! in a special six-man tag team match between the HURT Business and The Bloodline. Roman Reigns and the Usos will battle Bobby Lashley, Shelton Benjamin, and Cedric Alexander in a battle for supremacy between the two World Champions, who are scheduled to clash in a World Title Unification match at the Royal Rumble on January 29th.​

WWE Friday Night SmackDown!
Card Preview

WWE SmackDown! Women's Championship
Xia Li vs. Charlotte (c)

Six-Man Tag Match
Bobby Lashley, Cedric Alexander & Shelton Benjamin vs. Roman Reigns, Jimmy & Jey Uso

Sasha Banks vs. Liv Morgan

Non-Title Match
Sami Zayn vs. Ricochet

Finn Balor vs. Mansoor

Angel & Humberto vs. Dolph Ziggler & Robert Roode

Additional Predictions:

Who will be the first two draft picks?

Any Surprise Return Picks?

Which Match will Main Event?

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score