World Wrestling Entertainment 2009

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Michael1

Reaction score
After tons of stuff happening in WWE in 2008. Poor ratings, poor PPV buys and a lot of horrible stuff, Mr. McMahon and the rest of World Wrestling Entertainment finally did something everyone has been wanting for a long time. Listening to the fans. In late 2008, fans started to get behind the likes of heels Mr. Kennedy and MVP as well as other young talent which WWE took advantage of and pushed the superstars in to the main event.

Not only that, but other changes was that the ECW brand was now defunct. In August, Mr. McMahon cut it out of World Wrestling Entertainment brands due to poor ratings and just due to the fact that superstars didn't want to be on that brand and fans weren't tuning in. Eventually, it was cut and the the superstars and divas from the brand moved to either Raw or Smackdown!.

Other changes were the brands were so evened out that Mr. McMahon made the decision to bring back single branded PPVs. The list is below of which PPV belongs to who. The only exception is the big four. Royal Rumble, WrestleMania, SummerSlam and Survivor Series.

In the late stages of 2008, Mr. McMahon brought back former talent such as Rob Van Dam, Kurt Angle and Bobby Lashley who got convinced to come back. Rob Van Dam has passion for wrestling and wanted to come back to WWE. Eventually, World Wrestling Entertainment signed Rob Van Dam to a four year contract. After tons of heat between Kurt Angle, TNA management and TNA Wreslters and Knockouts, Kurt Angle and Karen Angle left TNA. Karen Angle went back home to Pittsburgh while Kurt Angle was offered a two year contract from Mr. McMahon and World Wrestling Entertainment, which he accepted. After reading about Michael Hayes changes, Bobby Lashley revealed he never wanted to leave WWE - it was his second home away from his family. Bobby Lashley and Michael Hayes became friends, and eventually, Bobby Lashley re-signed to a five year contract with World Wrestling Entertainment.

The current date is January 24, 2009. One day before the Royal Rumble. This is the card.

Raw Roster:
Regular Red = Face
Bold Red = Heel

Ashley
Batista [Intercontinental Champion]
Beth Phoenix

Brian Kendrick
Candice [Womens Champion]
Carlito
Charlie Haas
Chris Jericho

CM Punk
Cody Rhodes
DH Smith [World Tag Team Champion]
Hardcore Holly
JBL
Jerry Lawler [Color Commentator]
Jillian
John Cena
John Morrison
JTG
Kane
Katie Lea
Kelly Kelly
Kofi Kingston
Kurt Angle
Lance Cade
Lilian Garcia [Ring Announcer]
Maria
Melina
Michael Cole [Play-by-Play Commentator]
Mickie James
Mr. McMahon
Paul Burchill
Paul London
Randy Orton [World Heavyweight Champion]
Rey Mysterio
Robbie McAllister
Ron Simmons
Rory McAllister
Santino Marella
Shad
Shawn Michaels
Snitsky
Super Crazy
Ted DiBiase [World Tag Team Champion]
The Miz

Todd Grisham [Backstage Interviewer]
Trevor Murdoch
Val Venis
William Regal

Raw Stables:

Evolution Version 2:
Randy Orton, Batista, Ted DiBiase & DH Smith
[Note: Formed August 18th, Raw after SummerSlam]

Cryme Tyme:
JTG & Shad

Londrick:
Paul London & Brian Kendrick

Brother & Sister:
Paul Burchill & Katie Lea Burchill

MnM V2:
Miz & John Morrison

Smackdown! Roster:
Regular Blue = Face
Bold Blue = Heel

Bam Neely
Big Show
Bobby Lashley
Chavo Guerrero
Cherry
Chuck Palumbo
Curt Hawkins [WWE Tag Team Champion]
Deuce
Domino
Edge
Elijah Burke

Eve Torres [Backstage Interviewer]
Festus
Finlay
Funaki
Gregory Helms
Hornswoggle
Jamie Noble
Jeff Hardy
Jesse
Jim Ross [Play-by-Play Commentator]
Jimmy Wang Yang
Justin Roberts [Ring Announcer]
Kenny Dykstra
Layla
Mark Henry
Maryse

Matt Hardy
Michelle McCool
Mick Foley [Color Commentator]
Montel Vontavious Porter
Mr. Kennedy [WWE United States Champion]
Natalya [Divas Champion]

Rob Van Dam [WWE Champion]
Shannon Moore
Shelton Benjamin
The Great Khali

The Undertaker
Triple H
Umaga
Vickie Guerrero [Smackdown! General Manager]
Victoria
Vladimir Kozlov
Zack Ryder [WWE Tag Team Champion]

Smackdown! Stables:

La Familia
Edge, Vickie Guerrero, Curt Hawkins, Zack Ryder, Chavo Guerrero & Bam Neely

Rated R Entourage:
Edge, Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder

Neely & Guerrero
Bam Neely & Chavo Guerrero

J & F
Jesse & Festus

Father & Son
Finlay & Hornswoggle

The Hardyz
Jeff Hardy & Matt Hardy

WWE Pay-Per-Views:
Black = Double Branded
Red = Raw
Blue = Smackdown!

Royal Rumble [January]
No Way Out [February]
WrestleMania [March]
Backlash [April]
Judgment Day [May]
Vengeance [June]
The Great American Bash [July]
SummerSlam [August]
Unforgiven [September]
No Mercy [October]
Cyber Sunday [November]
Survivor Series [November]
Armageddon [December]

WWE Royal Rumble
January 25th, 2009

Womens Championship Match
Candice Michelle [c] vs Beth Phoenix vs Melina vs Katie Lea

Preview: At SummerSlam, Mickie James defended the WWE Womens Championship against Beth Phoenix and Katie Lea in a triple threat match. Mickie James failed to come out on top and lost the Womens Championship to Beth Phoenix. In the months leading up to Survivor Series, Katie Lea and Beth Phoenix entered a heel vs heel feud which broke out at Cyber Sunday in a no holds barred Womens Championship match which ended up in a double pin fall after a superplex which forced Beth Phoenix to lose the Womens Championship to vacancy.

Beth Phoenix from there on out went on a rampage against Katie Lea which headed in to a match at Survivor Series, but Mr. McMahon announced that there is a twist and that a special diva would be added to the match to make it a triple threat match. Many thought Mickie James, but instead, Candice Michelle made her surprising return from a broken clavicle and after a 11 minute triple threat diva match - Candice Michelle came out on top after rolling up Katie Lea to become the new Womens Champion once again which infuriated Beth Phoenix.

At Armageddon, a rematch of the triple threat was scheduled, but never officially started as Beth Phoenix and Katie Lea Burchill viciously attacked Candice Michelle. Guess who made the save. Melina ran out and made the save, taking out Katie Lea and Beth Phoenix and at the end of it all, Candice and Melina shook hands. The next week on Raw, Melina said she wanted something in return, a Womens Championship match. Candice accepted and it seemed as if the match was set for the Royal Rumble. Melina vs Candice Michelle, but instead, Beth Phoenix and Katie Lea attacked Melina and Candice in the ring during the segment which lead to Mr. McMahon announcing the fatal four way match for the Womens Championship.

It will all break out at the Royal Rumble. Who is going to walk out as Womens Champion? Will Candice keep the dream alive and retain the championship? Will Melina once again reign supreme in the womens division on Raw? Is Beth Phoenix going to claim back what she thinks is her's? Or will Katie Lea get her first reign at the top? All this will break loose at the Royal Rumble.

One More Time
Triple H vs Mr. Kennedy

Preview: Smackdown! was the talk of the WWE when this huge rivalry broke out after SummerSlam. Mr. Kennedy, once again spouted off his mouth which didn't please Triple H too much who claimed Kennedy usually hides behind his microphone for a match. Mr. Kennedy retaliated by saying he can prove he doesn't with a match at No Mercy, which did indeed take place with Triple H coming out on top by disqualification when Kennedy knocked Triple H out with the United States Championship.

The feud continued heading in to Survivor Series where the two men lead in teams to continue their rivalry. Kennedy's team came out on top when Kennedy pinned Triple H after a United States Championship shot to the head when one of Kennedy's teammates distracted the referee.

That all just infuriated Triple H which lead to a even bigger match at Armageddon, a two out of three falls match which Triple H came out once again, leading the series 2 - 1 over Mr. Kennedy in victories over one another. After Armageddon, Mr. Kennedy claimed it was all a fluke and challenged Triple H, one more time to a match at the Royal Rumble which Triple H accepted, and claimed the result would stay the same, Kennedy would be down flat on his back, both shoulders on the mat and down for the three count.

In the weeks leading up to the match, Vickie Guerrero pitting the odds against Triple H numerous weeks leading up to the Rumble, pitting Triple H against the likes of Vladimir Kozlov, Umaga, The Great Khali with Mr. Kennedy being special guest referee in all those matches and obviously screwing Triple H out of all those matches. In the final week leading up the Rumble, Triple H just snapped and took out Kennedy after HHH defeat Mark Henry. Triple H bloodied Kennedy with a sledgehammer and ended the beating with a pedigree on the Smackdown! announce table with Kennedy's blood all over it.

What's going to happen at the Royal Rumble? Will Triple H make the series between the two 3 - 1? Or will Mr. Kennedy get revenge after the sick and twisted actions of Triple H from this past Friday on Smackdown!. What's going to happen?

Grudge Match
CM Punk vs Chris Jericho

Preview: After a long, bloody, brutal rivalry with Shawn Michaels. Chris Jericho finally thought he had it good after he put Shawn Michaels out of his life by defeating him in a hardcore match at Survivor Series. However, he wasn't done with the competition. The straight edge superstar confronted Chris Jericho about his actions towards Shawn Michaels, a true legend, but once a challenge was laid down, Chris Jericho just walked off, wanting nothing to do with CM Punk.

This wouldn't stop CM Punk from getting in Jericho's face as Punk still wanted an explanation from Chris Jericho. After a few weeks of tons of confrontations between the two with Jericho just walking off, Chris Jericho finally snapped and took out CM Punk with steel chair shots.

In that same show of Raw, the beat down on Punk continued throughout the entire show and by the end, CM Punk was hanging from a pole with a rope around his throat which caused tons of controversy in World Wrestling Entertainment, but more ratings and it also lead to a Royal Rumble match.

That beat down wouldn't stop a wounded CM Punk from returning to Raw and taking out Jericho for revenge. This time, a Jericho beat down took place throughout the entire show when CM Punk through Chris Jericho off the roof of the Staples Center in to a garbage truck where the garbage truck threw Jericho in with all the other garbage and took him to the dump.

This match is guaranteed to have emotions running high, but just what risks will these two competitors go to to take each other out for the victory?

WWE Championship Match
Rob Van Dam [c] vs Montel Vontavious Porter

Preview:
After tons of frustration flying through MVP's mind on Smackdown!, MVP finally had enough and lashed out and anyone who got in his way, including the WWE Champion.

On an edition of the VIP Lounge, MVP revealed he was sick and tired of being held back on Smackdown!. He was sick and tired of not getting what he wanted a WWE Championship match so MVP said he's going to take matters in to his own hands. Rob Van Dam came out with the WWE Title and showed it off to MVP, making him jealous. RVD simply told MVP, "If you wanted a title shot. You should've just asked." Instead of asking, MVP attacked Rob Van Dam with a vase that was on the table in the set of the VIP lounge where MVP then hit RVD with the playmaker.

Later in the week, WWE.com announced RVD would be defending the WWE Championship against Montel Vontavious Porter. MVP became so crazed about the opportunity he wouldn't get RVD out of his head and anytime anyone brought up RVD, they would get physically confronted by MVP. This however, didn't stop RVD from getting in MVP's face. Whenever MVP had the opportunity, he would take out RVD which he did in the weeks leading up to the Royal Rumble.

Finally, this past Friday Night on Smackdown!, MVP looked to take matters in to his own hands once again, but instead, RVD caught MVP and this time got the upper-hand over MVP, nailing MVP in the head with repeated chair shots to the head. RVD ended it all with a frog splash off a 25 ft. ladder.

What's going to happen at the Rumble? Will MVP walk out WWE Champion, or will his attempt be a fail with Rob Van Dam retaining the WWE Championship? Only time will tell and the match will take place tomorrow night.

World Heavyweight Championship Match
Kurt Angle vs Randy Orton [c]

Preview:
Weeks leading up to the Royal Rumble after Survivor Series, weird video packages started to play. Scary video packages of America. The return of Mr. America? The return of Bobby Lashley? Well, Lashley made his return, but to Smackdown!, and the videos continued to play.

Finally, on an edition of Raw, Randy Orton and Evolution Version 2 got pissed off and demanded the man come out. A new video package said, "Next Week."

The next week, Orton and Evolution 2 where in the ring and were waiting for the man. Suddenly, 'Medal' played throughout the arena and Kurt Angle returned to World Wrestling Entertainment. Kurt Angle said he and Randy had un-finished business. And now that Orton is World Heavyweight Champion, Kurt Angle will take the championship and go through Evolution at the same time. Randy Orton simply said, "If you want me, you gotta go through Evolution."

In the weeks leading up to the Royal Rumble. Kurt Angle defeat DH Smith by submission on one edition of Raw in a easy match that was 3:22 long. The next week, Kurt Angle went face to face with Ted DiBiase and won by submission with another easy match that went a little longer at 4:36. The week after that, Kurt Angle went toe to toe with Batista which proved to be Kurt Angle's toughest task. It seemed as if Kurt's dreams would fade after Batista nailed a Batista Bomb but Kurt Angle rolled out of the pin fall and locked on a ankle lock on Batista, eventually forcing Batista to tap out in a hard match at 17:26.

Randy Orton rewarded Kurt Angle with a World Heavyweight Championship match at the Royal Rumble. Randy Orton said, "You may have gone through Evolution. But I'll prove to you and everyone else I'm not some young guy anymore. I'm a force to be messing with!" Kurt Angle replied saying, "I beat you before and I'll do it again you smug son of a bitch!" and then headbutted Orton before cleaning house on Evolution.

The Raw just before Royal Rumble, Evolution got the upper-hand on Kurt Angle. Kurt Angle went face to face with JBL which ended at 6:04 when Evolution interrupted and took out Kurt Angle, bloodying Angle in the process leading up to the Rumble.

What will Kurt Angle's condition for the Royal Rumble be? Will Kurt Angle's return prove to be a success or will the Age Of Evolution continue with the Evolution members taking over the Raw championships? Only at the Royal Rumble will we find out.

30 Man Royal Rumble Match
Winner Receives a Main Event Spot at WrestleMania 25

Batista vs Carlito vs Chris Jericho vs CM Punk vs JBL vs John Cena vs John Morrison vs Kane vs Lance Cade vs Rey Mysterio vs Shawn Michaels vs Snitsky vs Ted DiBiase vs The Miz vs William Regal vs
Big Show vs Bobby Lashley vs Chavo Guerrero vs Edge vs Elijah Burke vs Finlay vs Gregory Helms vs Jeff Hardy vs Mark Henry vs Matt Hardy vs Mr. Kennedy vs Shelton Benjamin vs The Undertaker vs Triple H vs Umaga

Preview: There have been many past winners in this that have gone on to main event WrestleMania and win. Most recently, 2007, when The Undertaker won the Royal Rumble and then the World Heavyweight Championship. Many legends have been born in this match, many superstars have proved themselves in the match. It's the opportunity of a life time that every WWE superstar fights for. A chance to main event WrestleMania.

What's going to happen? Who's going to reign supreme and main event WrestleMania 25 from Houston, Texas?

[Note: Two reasons for a new BTB. One, because of stuff happening in my personal life, I'd rather not say, but CMS knows, I wasn't around the forums a whole lot. The other thing, it regards to my personal thing, I have lost total track of my other BTB, so I'm starting a new one and I hope to god this one clicks and I can stick with it with nothing going on in my life that will put an end to it. If something does happen, I guess it'll over. So, I'm hoping for success in this one.]

wwerko619

Reaction score
Nice backstory, I think the roster is kick ass. I hope you can stick with this BTB, and I will check out your first show. Royal Rumble looks good aswell! I will be sure to check in to see what you can come up with.

Plug: Check out VWE if you can.

Travis40

This looks to be really good man, can't wait to read...I'll try to drop a review when the Royal Rumble is up

Evil Austin

looks good, good back story and rosters are pretty much the same just champions are different..If I get time I might check it out but I am not promising anything..

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Looks alright. You were a good writer by memory, so I hope you can do well here.

Michael1

Reaction score
Royal Rumble
Part 1

Highlights from past Royal Rumble's play.

Shawn Michaels: Legends are born.

Highlights from Shawn Michaels winning the Royal Rumble for the second time is played.

Batista: Champions are made.

Highlights of Batista winning the Royal Rumble in 2005.

Mr. Kennedy: Tonight is my time to step up.

Highlights of Mr. Kennedy's Royal Rumble highlights from 2008.

Triple H: Tonight, the king of kings punches a ticket to WrestleMania.

Highlights from Triple H winning the Royal Rumble in 2002 is shown.

The Undertaker: Tonight. 29 other souls will Rest. In. Peace!

Highlights of The Undertaker winning the Royal Rumble in 2007 is shown.

John Cena: Tonight is the first step for the champ to come back!

Highlights of John Cena winning the Royal Rumble in 2008 is shown.

Narrator: And now folks, brought to you by skittles, the 21st annual ROYAL RUMBLE!

*Pyro*
*Pyro*
*Pyro*
*Pyro*
*Pyro*

The cameras search throughout the sold out United Center in Chicago. The cameras search through the crowd even more before going to the commentators table starting with Raw.

Michael Cole: Welcome folks to the 21st annual Royal Rumble here in Chicago, Illinois in the sold out United Center. I'm with my hall of fame partner, Jerry 'The King' Lawler and boy what a night do we have tonight.

Jerry Lawler: This, in my opinion, may be the best Royal Rumble PPV ever in the 21 years it's been around. I mean, from the Raw side, we have a fatal four way Womens Championship match. Candice Michelle vs Beth Phoenix vs Katie Lea vs Melina and all that started when Candice made a surprise return and defeat the then rivals, Beth Phoenix and Katie Lea, but ever since, Katie Lea and Beth Phoenix have gotten on the same page trying to take out Candice Michelle until Melina made the save and then this fatal four way was announced.

Michael Cole: And then we have a personal one. CM Punk goes toe to toe with Chris Jericho. And it really has been a controversial one where Chris Jericho actually HUNG CM Punk on national television, but it didn't keep CM Punk down as he then beat down Chris Jericho the next week, eventually throwing him off the ROOF of the Staples Center and in to a garbage truck where the truck took Jericho to the dump. Definitely a personal rivalry between these two and I know, a Grudge Match just won't do it for these two.

Jerry Lawler:
And then another huge match, this time for the World Heavyweight Championship. It's the leader of Evolution going against the returning Olympic gold medalist! It took weeks for Randy Orton to finally accept Angle's challenge, but he did accept it, after he beat down Kurt Angle to a bloody pulp.

Michael Cole: Kurt Angle is definitely going to have revenge on his mind tonight. And now lets take it to the Smackdown! side of things for tonight, Jim Ross and Mick Foley!

The cameras turn to the Smackdown! announce table with Mick Foley and Jim Ross.

Jim Ross: Thank you, Michael Cole and King. I'm Jim Ross with my broadcast partner, Mick Foley and Mick, what a night we have on the Smackdown! side of things tonight.

Mick Foley:
JR, this is going to be a classic pay-per-view and possibly a career changing for two young superstars. Mr. Kennedy and Montel Vontavious Porter. Mr. Kennedy can defeat Triple H tonight and make the series 3 - 2 between the two and MVP can become the new WWE Champion if he can defeat Rob Van Dam tonight!

Jim Ross: It's going to be huge, but probably the biggest of all, the royal rumble match. 30 men will walk in, 29 will get thrown over the top rope, who's going to walk out and headline WrestleMania!? Time will tell, it all begins now. Lets get on with our opening contest which is from Raw.

'Break The Walls Down' plays and Chris Jericho walks out to a huge amount of heat from the fans. Jericho walks down the rampway getting in the fans faces before he continues down to the ring. Chris Jericho runs up the steel steps and poses on the apron before getting inside the ring. Jericho walks to the corner and climbs up to the second turnbuckle, beating on his chest repeatedly and posing as the fans pour even more heat on Jericho.

Michael Cole:
Look at that smile on Jericho's face. He must be happy what he's done to CM Punk these past few weeks.

Jerry Lawler: Well, I'm sure he wasn't happy when CM Punk through him off the roof in to a garbage truck!

'This Fire Burns' plays and CM Punk runs out to a huge pop from the fans.

Chris Jericho exits the ring and runs up the rampway as CM Punk and Chris Jericho brawl exchanging huge right hands. CM Punk hits Chris Jericho in the hamstring with tight kicks. CM Punk grabs Jericho by the head and throws him face first in the apron. CM Punk hits Jericho with a martial arts kick to the face and Jericho rolls back in the ring as Punk follows.

Grudge Match
CM Punk vs Chris Jericho

Ding...Ding...Ding!

CM Punk kicks Jericho in the kidney which turns Jericho over on his stomach. CM Punk picks Chris Jericho up to his feet and starts to pummel Punk with huge forearms to the jaw. CM Punk pushes Jericho to the ropes and irish whips him. Jericho bounces back at Punk and Punk hits Chris Jericho in the knee with a dropkick and Jericho goes throat first on the second rope and bounces off. CM Punk quickly hooks the leg of Jericho for the cover. 1...2...Jericho elbows Punk in the head to break the pin fall and then Jericho slides on to the apron and sits looking on the ground. CM Punk runs off the ropes and hits Jericho in the spine with a baseball slide which throws Jericho in to the barricade. CM Punk steps out on to the apron and waits for Chris Jericho. Chris Jericho slowly gets to his feet and turns around at Punk. CM Punk jumps off the apron and attempts a flying clothesline but Chris Jericho throws CM Punk chest first on the barricade. Chris Jericho hits CM Punk in the back of the head with an enziguri and CM Punk falls over the barricade and on the concrete in the crowd. Chris Jericho rolls in to the ring and back out to break up the ring out count. Jericho walks over to the barricade and pulls Punk by the hair to pick him up. CM Punk punches Jericho in the ribs and then pushes him back against the apron as Jericho reels in pain. CM Punk jumps up to the barricade and jumps off looking to splash Jericho but Jericho just moves out of the way and CM Punk goes ribs first in the apron as he falls to the floor in pain. CM Punk slowly gets up to his feet but gets kicked in the chest by Jericho. Chris Jericho grabs Punk by the legs and brings him down on the floor. Chris Jericho flings CM Punk face first in to the steel ring post and Punk falls on the mat hard.

Chris Jericho gets up to his feet with a huge smile on his face as he rolls in and out of the ring to break the ring out count. Chris Jericho walks around as he picks CM Punk up to his face as Punk is now a bloody pulp. Chris Jericho talks trash in to CM Punk's face and nails him with a huge right hand in the open gash where Punk falls back against the barricade. Chris Jericho grabs Punk by the head and throws him face first in the steel ring steps. Chris Jericho puts CM Punk against the apron and hits him with a huge chop across the chest! CM Punk screams in pain as the fans let out a huge 'Wooooo!' Chris Jericho slides CM Punk in to the ring and Jericho crawls in as he goes for the cover. 1...2...CM Punk kicks out! Chris Jericho picks CM Punk up to his feet and starts to nail Punk with huge right hands. Chris Jericho pushes CM Punk against the ropes and irish whips him. Chris Jericho goes for a clothesline but Punk dodges and continues to run off the ropes. Jericho turns around and gets nailed in the chin with a huge front dropkick from Punk! CM Punk rolls over to Jericho and quickly places his arm over the chest of Jericho for the cover. 1...2...Jericho kicks out! CM Punk sits up and starts to pound Jericho with huge right hands. Jericho crawls to the ropes but CM Punk doesn't give as he continues to pour relentless right hands to CM Punk. CM Punk gets up to his feet and kicks the arm of Jericho that was resting on the bottom rope. Chris Jericho screams in pain as he holds on to the shoulder. CM Punk drops to his knees and locks on an arm bar to the kicked arm of Jericho. CM Punk continues to apply pressure as he pulls Jericho away from the ropes. Jericho tries to roll out of it but uses to much momentum as CM Punk applies more pressure on the arm of Jericho. Chris Jericho screams in pain as CM Punk's blood starts to roll down Punk's chest and drips on to Jericho's back. Chris Jericho uses all his strength and crawls to the ropes. Chris Jericho gets a firm grasp of the bottom rope and CM Punk is forced to break the hold.

CM Punk gets up to his feet and immediately hit Chris Jericho in the kidneys with a huge knee drop. CM Punk, tired, fell on his back as he and Chris Jericho were now down and the referee started to count. 1.....2.....3.....4.....5.....6.....7.....8.....CM Punk and Chris Jericho reach their feet. Chris Jericho and CM Punk run at each other but hit heads and both men fall on the mat again looking up to the ceiling. The referee checks on both men before starting his count. 1.....2.....3.....4.....5.....6.....Jericho, very slowly reaches his feet with help of the ropes as Punk is still down with the blood covering his entire face and nearly his entire chest. Chris Jericho runs to the ropes, bounces off the second rope and connects over the body of Punk with a lionsault. Chris Jericho falls over the body of CM Punk and hooks the leg for the cover. 1...2...Punk kicks out! Chris Jericho gets up on his knees in disbelief as he looks at the referee and starts to complain. Chris Jericho slaps his hands three times thinking it was a three count but nothing. The bloody CM Punk takes advantage and rolls Chris Jericho up as the referee drops down to make the count. 1...2...Jericho kicks out. Both men get to their feet and Jericho runs at Punk but Punk nails him under the chin with a huge superkick! CM Punk falls flat on his chest as Jericho falls on his back and the referee starts to count. 1.....2.....3.....4.....5.....6.....CM Punk crawls over to Jericho and places his arm over the chest of Jericho. 1...2...Jericho gets the shoulder up. CM Punk raises his head in disbelief as he then slides up to his knees and reaches his feet. CM Punk picks Chris Jericho up to his feet and then picks him up on his shoulder in a powerslam position. CM Punk runs to the corner but Chris Jericho holds the ropes to stop Punk. Punk tries to back up but Chris Jericho holds on to the turnbuckle and rips the padding off as Punk backs away. Chris Jericho throws the padding in Punk's face and Punk just drops Jericho on to his feet. Punk throws the padding off his face as Jericho pushes Punk in to the corner but Punk quickly sides steps and Chris Jericho runs face first in the exposed steel sticking out.

Chris Jericho falls on his back and then turns over on his chest as Punk leans against the ropes looking at Jericho as Punk's blood still drips down from his face. Chris Jericho finally turns over on his back and now Chris Jericho is busted open as he looks groggy. CM Punk runs off the ropes and kicks Chris Jericho hard in the chest knocking Jericho down on the mat. CM Punk quickly hooks the leg of Jericho for the cover. 1...2...Jericho kicks out! Chris Jericho rolls out on to the apron and uses the ropes to get to his feet. CM Punk runs at Chris Jericho and nails him with a running knee to the chest and then grabs Jericho in a facelock. CM Punk runs and hits Jericho with a bulldog on the top rope and Chris Jericho falls back on the apron and then rolls off the apron and on to the floor as CM Punk gets up to his knees and smiles as Jericho lays on the floor motionless. CM Punk rolls out on to the apron and then gets to the floor as CM Punk looks down at Chris Jericho. CM Punk slowly picks the bloodied Chris Jericho up. CM Punk kicks Chris Jericho in the gut and throws Jericho's arm over his back. CM Punk picks Chris Jericho up in a suplex position but plants Jericho chest and face first on the floor with a facebuster as the fans go wild. CM Punk sits up and looks down at Jericho as Punk's blood continues to pour down his face as it does for Jericho as well. CM Punk slowly picks Chris Jericho up but Jericho counters quickly and hits Punk with a back body drop on the floor. CM Punk raises his back off the floor as he holds his back in pain. Chris Jericho puts his foot on the back of CM Punk and walks over it on the floor as Punk screams in pain. Chris Jericho rolls in and out of the ring to break up the ring out count. Chris Jericho picks CM Punk up to his feet but CM Punk bursts out and nails Chris Jericho in the gut with a flying headbutt. CM Punk crawls over to the steel steps and climbs up them until he reaches the top of the steps. Chris Jericho runs at Punk on the steel steps and nails him in the jaw with a huge right hand. Chris Jericho throws Punk's arm over his back and then grabs him by the tights. Chris Jericho holds Punk up in a suplex position but instead throws CM Punk gut and chest first over the steel steps as Punk screams in pain while dropping to the floor!

Chris Jericho walks around the steel steps and starts to stomp on CM Punk's chest and gut as Punk tries to cover up. Chris Jericho rolls in to the ring and back out to break up the count once again. Chris Jericho picks Punk up and puts him against the apron and talks trash in to Punk's face. Chris Jericho knees CM Punk in the gut repeatedly and Punk screams in pain. Chris Jericho lifts Punk's legs and then throws him in to the ring as Punk rolls to the middle of the ring. Chris Jericho slides in to the ring, runs to the ropes, bounces off the second rope and goes for a lionsault but Punk moves out of the way and Jericho lands on his feet. Punk reaches his feet but Jericho runs up to Punk and catches him in the back of the head with a huge enziguri! Chris Jericho quickly turns Punk over on his back and hooks the leg for the cover. 1...2...Punk kicks out! Chris Jericho looks at the referee in disbelief. Chris Jericho complains that it was a slow count. CM Punk looks to take advantage again and rolls Jericho up but before the referee could count, Jericho rolls out of it and gets to his feet as does Punk. Punk goes for a martial arts kick but Jericho dodges and grabs both of Punk's legs tripping him up and Punk falls face first on the canvas. Chris Jericho turns CM Punk over on his back and then locks on a walls of Jericho as Punk screams in pain as he is stranded in the center of the ring. CM Punk crawls slowly to the ropes but Jericho walks forward back in to the center of the ring. CM Punk screams even louder as Jericho squats down a little more applying more pressure on CM Punk's back. CM Punk raises his hand like he's going to tap but he keeps shaking his head. CM Punk crawls to his side to the ropes but once he gets a hold of it, Chris Jericho drags him back to the middle of the ring as the fans boo even louder. CM Punk raises his hand again and this time taps out from the pressure as the fans boo.

Winner: Chris Jericho via Submission

Chris Jericho continues to apply pressure on Punk even though the match is over. The referee tries to pull Jericho off but Jericho uses one hand and shoves him away as he goes back to applying more pressure. The entire referee staff from Raw and Smackdown! run down and try to pull Jericho off but Jericho won't let go. The referees finally pull Jericho off as they hold him back while Jericho looks down at the fallen, bloodied and tired CM Punk holding his back. The bloodied Chris Jericho smiles himself and raises his hands in victory as the Chicago crowd boos.

Michael Cole:
How sick can someone be. My goodness.

Jerry Lawler: I don't know. But I do know something and that's that this match was fantastic. The better man indeed came out on top, the thing I don't approve of is his actions just seconds ago.

Backstage we find Triple H putting himself a cup of coffee when Edge suddenly walks on the scene.

Edge: Listen. I know tonight, you take on Mr. Kennedy. Now I just want to tell you something. I've faced Mr. Kennedy before. Twice actually. I've beat him twice, but that second time he almost beat me. Almost. You have no idea how far Kennedy will go to get what he wants. And I know for a fact, that Mr. Kennedy wants to beat you. So, I'm just wishing you, good luck for tonight.

Edge puts a sarcastic smile on his face as he stares at Triple H. Triple H puts down his cup of coffee and looks at Edge in the eyes.

Triple H: First of all, the reason Kennedy almost beat you at The Great American Bash last year, is because you suck. I don't. See, Mr. Kennedy may have gotten a pin on me, ONCE when it mattered. Survivor Series. But it took him his teammate from the match and the United States Championship to put me down. Tonight, it's not going to be like that. You see, you know me very well. And you know I get what I want, when I want it. And what I want, is to shut Mr. Kennedy up, beat him and shove his stupid microphone down his throat. So Edge, I don't need and stupid good lucks from you or anyone else. It doesn't matter to me, because I know I will get the victory of Kennedy tonight good lucks or bad lucks from the people in the back. So save your breathe.

Edge: Excuse me, but who the hell do you think you're talking to, Triple H. I don't know if you know this, but I am a five time WWE Champion. I demand respect from you, you understand me.

Triple H: And do you know just who the hell I am!? I'm Triple H. The cerebral assassin, the game, the king of kings, the 12 time WWE Champion, Triple H! You get it through your thick skull you understand me!?

Triple H and Edge go face to face, nose to nose as the cameras fade away.

A No Way Out Promo airs. It features MVP, Triple H, The Undertaker, Mr. Kennedy, Rob Van Dam, Umaga, Edge, Bobby Lashley, Matt Hardy, Jeff Hardy.

In another area backstage we find a bloodied Chris Jericho with a towel around his neck wiping the blood off his face. He meets up with Todd Grisham.

Todd Grisham: Ladies and gentlemen. Please welcome, Chris Jericho! Chris Jericho, you took part in a brutal, a bloody and a physical match with CM Punk moments ago and later tonight you take part in the Royal Rumble match, thoughts?

Chris Jericho: I did something moments ago. I saved MYSELF from all the haters. I still want to know why people hate honest people like me and love the liars like CM Punk and Shawn Michaels. About your question, in the Royal Rumble match, I am looking out for no one but MYSELF. I may be bleeding, but I will get stitched up and I will fight to main event WrestleMania 25!

Chris Jericho wipes the towel across his head taking of some blood as he walks away from Todd.

'One Of A Kind' plays and Rob Van Dam walks out to a nice pop from the fans as he poses with the WWE Championship around his waist on the rampway. RVD points at it as he continues to walk down to the ring slapping some fans hands on his way to the ring. Rob Van Dam climbs up the steel steps and then enters the ring as he poses for the fans with the WWE Championship.

Justin Roberts: Making his way to the ring, weighing in at 237 pounds, he is the WWE Champion, Rob Van Dam!

'I'm Comin!' plays and MVP walks out to a chorus of boos from the fans. MVP holds up the "305" sign in front of his chest as he walks down the rampway slowly. MVP slaps the rampway and then poses as the pyro explodes from the rampway. MVP brings it in and then walks down the rampway with confidence. MVP motion around his waist as he stares at RVD. MVP enters the ring and takes off his bling and his headband as he stares at RVD and the WWE Championship on his waist.

Justin Roberts: In the ring, from Miami, Florida, weighing in at 252 pounds, Montel Vontavious Porter, MVP!

WWE Championship Match
Rob Van Dam [c] vs MVP

Ding...Ding...Ding!

MVP and RVD exchange words while standing in their respective corners. MVP and RVD walk out of their respective corners and start to circle the ring. Both men tie up in the center of the ring and RVD tries to take MVP to the corner but MVP goes down and trips RVD up on the mat. MVP gets right up to his feet as RVD turns over on his back and looks up at MVP in shock. RVD gets up to his feet as the fans boo MVP. RVD and MVP walk to each other and go face to face. MVP shoves RVD in to the corner to tons of heat from the fans as RVD looks around. RVD jumps out of the corner and nails MVP with a flying forearm to the jaw of MVP. MVP backs away as RVD continues to pound MVP with huge right hands. MVP runs to the ropes and forces RVD to stop as the referee moves RVD away. MVP runs out of the ropes and nails RVD in the gut with a running knee! MVP drops to his knees and drives his forearm in the face of RVD as he goes for the cover. 1...2...RVD kicks out. MVP picks RVD up to his feet and starts to nail RVD in the gut with huge right hands. MVP goes for another but RVD lifts his leg and MVP shoots at mid-air. Both men turn around but MVP gets nailed in the chin with a superkick from Rob Van Dam as MVP rolls to the outside of the ring and on the mat. MVP looks in to the crowd as he holds his chin from the kick. MVP shakes it off and then turns around but RVD jumps over the top rope and catches MVP with a crossbody plancha as the fans go wild. RVD jumps up to his feet and points at him with his thumbs as the fans screams, "Rob! Van! Dam!" Rob Van Dam picks MVP up but MVP grabs RVD by the tights and throws him face first in the steel steps as Rob Van Dam falls back on the floor and then holds his face. MVP gets up and rolls inside the ring and back out to break up the count. MVP picks Rob Van Dam up to his feet as RVD has a cut above his right eye. MVP rams his shoulder in to RVD's gut and then throws him kidney first in to the barricade. MVP hooks his arm under RVD's arm and then hits him with a hip toss on the floor. The referee screams at MVP to bring him back in the ring but MVP blows him off.

MVP walks over to Rob Van Dam on the floor as RVD's blood is dripping all over the floor. MVP throws RVD in to the ring. MVP follows and immediately hooks the leg of RVD for the cover. 1...2...RVD kicks out! MVP gets up on his knees with his hands on his hips and stares at the referee in disbelief. MVP grabs RVD by the arm and makes sure he stays on the mat. MVP gets up to his feet and then kicks RVD in the elbow while still holding on to RVD's arm. RVD screams in pain as MVP jumps up high and hits RVD's arm with a huge knee drop. MVP keeps his knee in the arm of RVD and starts to wrench his arm as RVD screams in pain. The referee checks if RVD wants to submit but RVD keeps shaking his head as the fans start to clap to cheer RVD on. RVD starts to raise his leg which almost catches MVP in the face but MVP pulled back. MVP changed the position up and low locked on an arm bar which RVD screams in more pain. RVD tries to reach out for the ropes with his leg but MVP releases the hold, drags RVD to the middle of the ring and applies the arm bar once again as RVD screams in pain. RVD this time quickly fights it as he starts to lay MVP with huge right hands. RVD raises his leg and nails MVP in the forehead with a huge knee and MVP falls back releasing the hold. Both men get up to their feet but MVP runs at RVD and nails him in the shoulder with a jumping knee and RVD gets backed in to the corner from the pressure. MVP marches over to RVD but RVD somehow jumps up to the second rope and nails MVP with a flying clothesline and both men are now down. RVD rolls to MVP's body and lazily hooks the leg of MVP for the cover. 1...2...MVP gets the shoulder up!

Rob Van Dam crawls to the ropes and uses them to help him up to his feet. MVP gets up under his own power and slowly walks over to RVD but RVD kicks MVP in the gut. RVD takes MVP by the head and takes him to the corner. RVD tries to throw MVP face first in the top turnbuckle but MVP blocks. MVP elbows RVD in the chest and tries to throw him face first in the top turnbuckle but RVD blocks it by sticking his foot up. RVD drops his foot and then nails MVP in the jaw with a stiff martial arts kick as MVP falls on on the canvas motionless. RVD jumps up to the top turnbuckle and looks in to the crowd as the fans are going wild. Rob Van Dam jumps off the top turnbuckle and goes for a frog splash but MVP lifts his knees and RVD falls face and head first on MVP's knees as RVD falls like a dead body the rest of the way on the mat. MVP turns RVD's dead weight around on his back and goes for the cover. 1...2...MVP breaks it up himself by raising RVD's shoulder and shaking his head. MVP gets up to his feet and starts to stomp RVD who still isn't moving as the fans quiet down. The referee pushes MVP back as he checks on RVD. MVP walks over to RVD but RVD starts to get up as he shakes his head. MVP picks Rob Van Dam up to his feet but RVD starts to nail MVP with right hands to the ribcage. RVD runs off the ropes but MVP runs at RVD and hits him in the chin with a thunderous big boot that could crack a jaw! MVP stops running and hooks both legs of RVD for the cover. 1...2...RVD gets his hand on the bottom rope forcing MVP to break it up. MVP gets up to his knees and starts to pummel RVD with huge right hands. MVP goes for a huge right but RVD blocks it and grabs on to MVP's head. Rob Van Dam lifts his knees and nails MVP in the side of the head. MVP falls over on his back as he looks up in to the rafters. Rob Van Dam gets up to his feet slowly as he staggers and falls back against the ropes. Rob Van Dam drops to his knees and hooks the legs of MVP for the cover. 1...2...MVP gets the shoulder up!

Rob Van Dam gets up and on his knees and shakes his head. RVD grabs MVP by both legs and drags him to the middle of the ring. Rob Van Dam runs off the ropes, rolls on the mat and connects on the chest of MVP with a huge rolling thunder. Rob Van Dam lays over MVP's body as the referee makes the count. 1...2...MVP counters it in to his own pin fall as he rolls Rob Van Dam up. 1...2...Rob Van Dam kicks out and both men get to their feet. MVP runs at RVD for a clothesline but RVD dives through mid air and lands on his feet as he rolls on the mat staring at MVP. MVP runs at RVD but RVD hits him with a spin kick which knocks MVP off his feet on his back. Rob Van Dam runs to the ropes, bounces off the second rope and hits MVP with a springboard plancha splash on the downed MVP. Rob Van Dam hooks the leg of MVP. 1...2...MVP kicks out! Rob Van Dam gets up to his feet and looks down at MVP. Rob Van Dam jumps up high, spins in mid air and hits MVP on the chest with a spinning leg drop. Rob Van Dam quickly goes for the cover. 1...2...MVP kicks out! Rob Van Dam picks MVP up to his feet. Rob Van Dam rams his shoulder in the gut of MVP and backs him in to the corner. Rob Van Dam rams his shoulder in the gut of MVP once, twice, three times and then does a backwards handspring landing on his feet. Rob Van Dam runs at MVP for another running shoulder block but MVP lifts his knee and rams it in RVD's shoulder. Rob Van Dam backs in to the middle of the ring as RVD tends to his shoulder. MVP runs out of the corner and nails Rob Van Dam in the side of the head with a running knee which sends RVD throat first on the second rope. MVP runs off the ropes and then jumps of RVD's upper back shoving him throat first in the second rope again but this time RVD falls back in the center of the ring, almost in shock as MVP looks in to the crowd with a sadistic look on his face.

MVP turns around and stares at RVD who is sitting on the canvas in the middle of the ring. MVP runs at Rob Van Dam and looks for a running big boot but Rob Van Dam barely rolls out of the way. MVP runs to the ropes but stops as he gets there. MVP turns around at Rob Van Dam who is on his feet and RVD looks for a superkick but MVP dodges and picks RVD up on his shoulders. MVP backs up from the momentum and to the ropes as RVD hits MVP with a reverse hurricanrana over the top rope and to the outside on the floor as RVD lands on the apron. MVP slowly gets up to his feet on the floor as he gets up holding his ribs. MVP turns around slowly to find Rob Van Dam as Rob Van Dam leaps off the apron and connects with a moonsault on MVP as both men crash on the floor with MVP immediately tending to his ribs once again. Rob Van Dam gets up to his feet and looks in to the crowd as the fans pop. Rob Van Dam motions around his waist and then turns around to MVP. Rob Van Dam picks MVP up to his feet and then throws him in to the ring as MVP holds on to his ribs the entire time. Rob Van Dam gets up on the apron and then climbs up to the top turnbuckle. MVP slowly gets up to his feet as he holds his ribs and finds RVD on the top turnbuckle. MVP falls against the ropes which causes Rob Van Dam to fall groin area first on the top turnbuckle. MVP slowly walks along the ropes as he climbs to the second turnbuckle. MVP starts to pound Rob Van Dam with stiff headbutts. Rob Van Dam starts to fight back as he nails MVP in the chin with a stiff right hand which almost causes MVP to lose his balance but MVP grasps on to the top rope. Rob Van Dam lifts his leg and catches MVP in the side of the head. Rob Van Dam pushes MVP off the turnbuckle and MVP lands hard on his back in the center of the ring as MVP's head bounces off the mat. Rob Van Dam climbs up to the top turnbuckle and looks in to the crowd. Rob Van Dam jumps off the top turnbuckle and connects on the ribs and chest of MVP with a huge frog splash as MVP scream in pain from the impact. Rob Van Dam turns MVP over on his back for the cover. 1...2...3!

Winner: Rob Van Dam to retain the WWE Championship

Rob Van Dam sits up as trainers run down to the ring to check on both MVP and Rob Van Dam after that physical match. The trainers check RVD's head after crashing in to MVP's knees earlier in the mat while other trainers check on MVP and his ribs. Rob Van Dam receives the WWE Championship, gets up to his feet and holds it up high for the Chicago crowd as they go wild. RVD drops down to his knees and rolls out of the ring as he walks up the rampway himself. The rest of the trainers check on MVP still. The cameras cut.

Backstage we find CM Punk in the trainers area being stitched up while he tends to his ribs.

Trainer: Punk, I don't think you should take part in the Rumble match tonight. You're risking a very serious injury if you do.

CM Punk: Listen! I don't care if I have 25 stitches in my head right now, hell, I don't care if all of my ribs are broken. (Breathes Heavy) I'm taking part in the Royal Rumble match tonight. And I'm going to win it all, whether that means going through The Undertaker, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, hell, EVEN CHRIS JERICHO!

The cameras fade to the ring again.

The trainers help MVP up to his feet in the ring as he holds on to his ribs. The fans start to applaud MVP as MVP stands in the center of the ring and looks around. MVP walks over to the ropes and takes a microphone.

MVP: Man! All you people shut up! I don't need your support. You weren't on my side from day one! (Breathes Heavy) Just why the hell would I need you right now! I'm not hurt! And soon enough, I WILL BE WWE CHAMPION!

MVP drops the microphone as he blows off trainers help as he exits the ring himself and walks up the rampway as his arm that was holding his ribs drops down by his side and MVP walks perfectly up the rampway himself.

Mick Foley: What the hell? Is MVP actually hurt!?

Jim Ross: Well, with those comments moments ago, Mick. I wouldn't count on it too much. But you never know with MVP.

Backstage we find Candice Michelle drinking a bottle of water as she walks down the hallways. She runs in to one of the divas who isn't involved in the Womens Championship match tonight, Mickie James.

Mickie James: I just want to wish you good luck for your match.

Candice: Thank you, Mickie.

Mickie James: And I also want to let you know, I want another opportunity at the womens championship.

Mickie and Candice stare at each other dead in the eye as the cameras cut.

A video package highlighting the rivalry between Candice/Beth Phoenix/Melina/Katie Lea.

'Glamazon' hits throughout the arena and Beth Phoenix walks out from behind the curtain to a chorus of boos from the fans. Beth Phoenix raises her hands above her head and walks down to the ring confidently. Beth Phoenix walks up the steel steps and then gets up to sit on the top turnbuckle. Beth Phoenix flips down on to the canvas as the fans continue to boo the glamazon.

'Generic' plays and Katie Lea walks out to a chorus of boos from the fans as well. Katie Lea just walks down to the ring and motions around her waist as Beth Phoenix watches on.

'Paparazzi' plays and paparazzi comes out followed by Melina to a nice pop from the fans. Melina poses on the top of the rampway as the paparazzi snap pictures. Melina walks down to the ring. Melina slowly walks up the steel steps and enters the ring as she stands in a corner staring at Beth Phoenix and Katie Lea.

'What Love Is' hits throughout the arena and Candice Michelle runs out from behind the curtain to a nice pop from the fans as she holds the womens championship up high. Candice Michelle walks down the rampway as she rests the womens championship on her shoulder. She gets up on the apron and pulls her coat off as the fans cheer. Candice throws her coat to the floor as she enters the ring.

Fatal Four Way Match
Womens Championship
Candice [c] vs Beth Phoenix vs Melina vs Katie Lea

Ding...Ding...Ding!

Beth and Katie jump Candice in the corner as they start to pound away at the defenseless Candice. Melina runs in and pulls Beth Phoenix away. Melina turns Katie Lea around and starts to throw huge right hands at her. Melina irish whips Katie Lea off the ropes and nails her with a huge clothesline! Candice runs out of the corner and nails Beth Phoenix in the face with a front dropkick and Beth Phoenix rolls to the outside of the ring as Katie Lea rolls under the bottom rope to the outside. Candice and Melina stare at each other as the fans are going back and fourth with "Candice! Melina! Candice! Melina" chants. Both divas lock up with Melina hitting Candice with a hip toss to a mixed reaction from the fans. Candice gets up to her feet and Melina nails her in the gut with a kick. Melina grabs Candice in a front facelock and connects with a neckbreaker and Candice rolls to the outside of the ring. Melina stands up in the middle of the ring and waits around to find no one in the ring as the fans applaud her. Melina turns her head slightly and finds Katie Lea to her feet on the floor and staring at Melina in the ring. Melina runs at the ropes and hits Katie Lea on the floor with a huge suicide dive as the fans go wild. Beth Phoenix runs around the ring and starts to stomp on the kidneys of Melina. Beth Phoenix picks Melina up to her feet and starts to nail Melina with stiff forearms to the jaw. Beth Phoenix kicks Melina in the gut and then throws her arm over her back. Beth grabs Melina by the tights and picks her up in the air and keeps her there for a bit. The fans are in awe as Beth drops Melina on top of Katie Lea's body with a suplex. Beth Phoenix stands up and looks down at both women with a smile on her face. Beth Phoenix turns her head and finds Candice running along the apron. Candice jumps off the apron and hits a Lou Thezs press on Beth Phoenix on the floor and the fans are going wild.

Candice Michelle gets up to her feet and holds her arms up in the air as the fans go nuts. Candice turns around and picks Beth up off the floor. Candice lays her against the apron and starts to pound her with huge right hands to the jaw. Katie Lea runs at Candice but Candice catches Katie Lea in the chin with an elbow. Beth Phoenix takes advantage and pushes Candice Michelle kidney first in the announce table. Melina gets up to her feet and runs at Beth Phoenix but Beth picks her up above her head and then throws Melina through the second and top rope in to the ring. Beth Phoenix crawls under the bottom rope and in to the ring. Beth Phoenix crawls to Melina's body and hooks both legs for the cover. 1...2...Melina kicks out! Beth Phoenix sits up in disbelief. Beth pulls the plastic thing off her head and throws it to the outside in frustration. Beth Phoenix walks over to Melina but Melina cradles Beth up. 1...2...Beth kicks out! Both women reach their feet and run at each other. Both women think the same thing and go for a clothesline but hit each other at the same time! Katie Lea sneakingly crawls in to the ring and goes for the cover on Beth Phoenix. 1...2...Beth gets the shoulder up. Katie Lea runs at Melina and hooks the leg for the cover. 1...2...Candice enters the ring and hits Katie Lea in the side of the gut with a low dropkick to break up the cover. Candice gets up to her feet and holds her back as she picks Katie Lea up. Candice hits Katie Lea in the chest with a huge knife-edge chop. Candice irish whips Katie Lea off the ropes and Candice connects with in the chin and chest of Katie Lea with a spinning heel kick. Candice quickly goes for the cover. 1...2...Beth breaks it up!

Candice gets up to her feet and gets kicked in the gut by Beth Phoenix. Beth irish whips Candice in to the corner and Candice remains there. Beth picks Katie Lea up to her feet and irish whips her in to the same corner as Candice Michelle as both divas scream in pain. Beth Phoenix picks Melina up to her feet and pushes her in to the opposite corner. Beth looks back at Katie Lea and Candice in the corner and then grabs Melina by the arm. Beth Phoenix attempts to irish whip Melina but Melina counters and irish whips Beth Phoenix. Katie Lea and Candice Michelle move out of the corner as Beth hits it hard. Beth bounces out of the corner and Melina hits her with a back body drop in the middle of the ring. Katie Lea quickly goes for the cover trying to sneak one. 1...2...Melina and Candice break it up and at the same time, hitting each other's heads and all four women are now down on the mat with Candice and Melina reeling in pain. The referee checks on both divas to check if they're OK. Candice moves her hand and is bloodied above her right eye. Melina slowly crawls to the ropes and leans against the second rope. Katie Lea gets to her feet and kicks Melina hard in the chest which sends Melina down on the mat and Melina rolls to the outside of the ring breathing heavily. Candice slowly gets to her feet as the blood pours down her face. Katie Lea runs at Candice but Candice quickly picks Katie Lea up and hits her with a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker as Katie Lea screams in pain and rolls to the outside of the ring. Candice Michelle drops to her knees as the blood continues to pour down her face. Candice crawls to Beth's body and hooks the leg for the cover. 1...2...Beth gets the shoulder up!

Candice sits up and strokes her hair back in disbelief. She puts her hand over her right eye and finds blood all over her hand as Candice groans looking up to the roof. Candice slowly gets up to her feet as she stumbles toward the ropes. Beth Phoenix gets up on both knees and turns her head at Candice. Candice runs off the ropes and nails Beth Phoenix in the side of the head with a running knee. Candice continues to run off the ropes and nails Beth in the chest with a high angle elbow drop. Candice quickly goes for the cover. 1...2...Katie Lea breaks it up and Candice turns over on her back looking up to the ceiling in disbelief. Katie Lea kicks Candice hard in the side of the stomach and Candice rolls to the outside of the ring landing beside Melina on the floor. Katie Lea looks down on the floor at both Melina and Candice as the blood from Candice pours all over the floor. Katie Lea turns around and finds herself looking right in to Beth Phoenix's eyes. The fans start to go nuts as Beth and Katie Lea exchange words. Katie Lea drives her shoulder in Beth's gut and takes her to the corner from nowhere. Katie Lea starts to nail Beth with huge rights but Beth blocks one, twists Katie Lea's arm and lifts her up in the air. Beth walks to the middle of the ring and throws Katie Lea in to the corner. Katie Lea bounces out of the corner and at Beth Phoenix and Beth plants Katie Lea on the mat with a thunderous sidewalk slam. Beth lays of Katie Lea's body for the cover. 1...2...Katie Lea elbows Beth in the back of the head to break up the pin fall. Melina crawls in to the ring and kicks Beth Phoenix in the chest. Melina picks Beth Phoenix up to her feet and throws her to the outside of the ring on the floor. Melina turns around and gets cradled by Katie Lea. 1...2...The bloodied Candice Michelle breaks it up to a huge pop from the audience in Chicago!

Candice Michelle uses the ropes to slowly get to her feet. Candice rolls on to the apron and climbs up to the top turnbuckle slowly. Beth Phoenix jumps up on the apron and runs to Candice on the top turnbuckle but Candice nails Beth in the chin which knocks Beth down on the apron and then to the floor. Candice looks down to the mat as the blood pours down her face. Katie Lea turns around to Candice and Candice jumps off the top turnbuckle and nails Katie Lea with a crossbody. Candice hooks both legs for the cover. 1...2...Katie Lea kicks out! Candice gets up to her feet and turns her back to the downed Katie Lea. Katie Lea takes advantage and rolls Candice up, grabbing a handful of tights. 1...2...Melina runs in and kicks Katie Lea in the face to break the pin fall up. Melina picks Katie Lea up and starts to pound her with huge right hands. Melina irish whips Katie Lea off the ropes. Katie Lea bounces back and attempts a clothesline but Melina dodges and Katie Lea continues to run. Katie Lea runs back at Melina and Melina jumps up and locks Katie Lea in a head scissors but Melina goes down and hits Katie Lea with a hurricanrana. Beth Phoenix enters the ring and kicks Melina in the gut. Beth Phoenix throws Melina's arm over her back, hooks the leg of Melina and picks her up. Beth walks around the ring a little bit and plants Melina in the canvas with a fisher womens suplex! Beth Phoenix stands up and looks to Candice who is on her feet. Beth Phoenix kicks Candice in the gut and tucks Candice's head in between her legs. Beth Phoenix picks Candice up on her shoulders but Candice rolls down Beth Phoenix's back and rolls Beth up. 1...2...3!

Winner: Candice Michelle to retain the Womens Championship

Candice rolls to the outside of the ring and the referee hands her the Womens Championship as Beth gets up on her knees and almost pulls her hair out of her head as she sees the bloody Candice Michelle backing up the rampway with the womens championship. Candice Michelle turns her back and walks up the rampway as she slaps some fans hands. Candice walks up the rampway and behind the curtain. The cameras cut somewhere else in the back.

Backstage we find Mr. Kennedy with Eve Torres.

Eve Torres: Ladies and gentlemen, my guest at this time is Mr. Kennedy. No...

Mr. Kennedy: KENNEDY! ...Go on.

Eve Torres: ...OK. Now, tonight you go face to face with Triple H. Do feel you're at any disadvantage because the series between you two is 3 - 1 in favor of Triple H?

Mr. Kennedy: Do I feel like I'm at a disadvantage? No. I don't. Why? Quite frankly, I know, just as well as everyone else knows that all of Triple H's victories over me were fluke victories and nothing more. And tonight I will prove that when I outshine Triple H. When I out wrestle Triple H. And when I beat Triple H in the center of that ring. 1...2...3!

Eve Torres: If you don't mind me asking... what makes you feel so confident?

Mr. Kennedy: What are you!? A high school dropout!? Pull your head out of your ass please. Have you been living under a rock, women! I don't know if you noticed, but I'm better than Triple H at everything. And watch the match closely tonight. I'm going to beat Triple H to within an inch of his life later tonight.

Mr. Kennedy walks off as Eve Torres stands there.

A promo plugging the new 2 disc set, Rated R Superstar, Edge DVD plays.

In another area backstage we find Randy Orton walking down the halls with Batista,Ted DiBiase & DH Smith slowly following him. Randy Orton stops walking and slowly turns his head over his shoulder.

Randy Orton: Do you guys not understand English! Do you guys understand who I am facing in just moments. Kurt Angle. I can beat him without your help, so just go back to the locker room guys.

Ted DiBiase and DH Smith walk away as Batista just stands there while Orton walks closer to him and both men are looking face to face.

Randy Orton: You better listen to me, Dave. I'm the leader of this group. Listen to me. Go to the back with Ted and Harry, I don't need your help.

Batista stands there and shakes his head.

Randy Orton: Now go.

Batista stands there again. Batista looks up at the ceiling and then Orton. Batista shakes his head once again before turning his back and walking down the halls back to Evolution's locker room.

The cameras zoom in on Orton's face as he looks at the World Heavyweight Championship. Championship and then Batista who still walks down the hallways. Randy Orton turns his back and continues to walk down the halls to the entrance way.

Michael1

Reaction score
BREAKING NEWS
PWInsider.com

We're in the middle of the current Royal Rumble PPV, but we have some breaking news to report.

--MVP was immediately sent to a local medical facility for his ribs or stomach. He complained once he got behind the curtain. He was immediately sent. WWE is worried because he could've suffered broken ribs or eternal bleeding in his stomach. Management is hoping it's nothing serious because they had huge plans for MVP, especially this summer.

More on this as it becomes available.

y2j__legend

Reaction score
The first part of your PPV was great, and it is interesting to see that you are taking MVP out. I will leave a review once the whole show is up, but I will say that I like the new Evolution, as well as RVD as the WWE Champion. I also think that there are one two many matches for a Royal Rumble since the Rumble goes for an hour, and the standard number of Rumble matches is 5, but that is no biggy. The second part is looking great, and I can't wait for the Rumble (match).

WWERULES

Reaction score
Love the first part dude, will try and review when it's up, can't promise. If I don't then sorry.

The Rated R CMStar

I am curious as to where you take this angle with MVP. I will be reviewing you in full when you post the entire event.

Qwake

Great start to the PPV! The matches are really awesome and long and I like who's fighting who...I will also give a full review once part 2 is up :)

Michael1

Reaction score
Royal Rumble
Part 2

Highlight video of the Randy Orton/Kurt Angle rivalry airs.

Michael Cole: Well it's definitely going to be a personal one here, folks.

Jerry Lawler: Kurt Angle is out on a mission and that's to win the World Heavyweight Championship. Can Kurt Angle do it tonight, or will the Age of Orton live on.

Face version of 'Medal' plays and Kurt Angle walks out to a nice pop from the fans as his gold medals are around his neck. Kurt Angle shakes his head as he looks down on the rampway. Kurt Angle raises his head and looks up at the roof of the United Center in Chicago as he raises his arms and the fireworks explode from rampway. Kurt Angle shakes his shoulders and then walks down to the ring as he slaps some fans hands on his way to the ring. Kurt Angle runs up the steel steps and enters the ring. Kurt Angle slaps his head and then spreads out his arms as the fans pop with fireworks shooting up from the four ring posts. Kurt Angle takes off his gold medals and hands them to the referee. Kurt Angle pulls off his t-shirt and throws it to the floor as he pulls up his straps from his wrestling gear.

'Voices' plays and Randy Orton slowly walks out from behind the curtain with the World Heavyweight Championship resting on his shoulder. Randy stands on the top of the rampway and looks in to the crowd as the sold out Chicago crowd pours tons of heat on Orton. Randy Orton looks in to the ring at Kurt Angle and Randy slowly walks down the rampway staring at Kurt Angle. Randy Orton looks in to the crowd as he slowly walks walks down the rampway to the ring. Randy Orton climbs up the steel steps and enters the ring. Randy Orton walks to the corner and steps up to the second turnbuckle. Randy Orton holds the World Heavyweight Championship up as the lighting in the arena sets a bright light off the belt like it just got shined as the fans pour even more heat on Orton. Randy Orton gets down and walks towards the ropes as he holds the World Heavyweight Championship up and the crowd boos even more. Randy Orton hands the World Heavyweight Championship to the referee as Orton and Angle back in to their respective corners.

World Heavyweight Championship Match
Kurt Angle vs Randy Orton (c)

Ding...Ding...Ding!

Randy Orton and Kurt Angle stand in their respective corners staring at each other as the fans start to break out with huge "Angle! Angle" chants. Randy Orton looks over his shoulder in to the audience and then puts a smirk on his face as he and Kurt start to circle the ring. After a few seconds of circling the ring both men stop and tie up in the center of the ring as Orton takes Angle down in a headlock. Randy applies tons of pressure as he drops down to one knee applying even more pressure as he stares in to the crowd with his eyes wide open and a huge smile on his face. Kurt Angle pushes on Orton's back and Orton slips off of Angle's head breaking the headlock as the fans pop and Angle laughs at Orton. Orton looks at Angle in disbelief. Kurt Ange and Orton tie up again and Orton takes Angle down in a headlock once more, but almost immediately Angle pushes Orton off and the fans pop as Angle starts to burst out laughing at Randy Orton. Randy Orton and Kurt Angle jump in to the center of the ring once more and Randy Orton this time powers Kurt Angle to the corner. The referee forces a clean break and Orton slowly backs away but quickly jumps in looking to strike Angle but Angle quickly moves out of the way sending Orton in to the corner. Angle starts to unload on Orton with huge right hands in the corner. Kurt Angle grabs Randy Orton by the arm and irish whips him in to the opposite corner. Randy Orton bounces out of the corner and back at Angle and Angle catches him in a front waistlock. Kurt Angle picks Randy Orton up and connects with a huge overhead belly to belly suplex! Kurt Angle quickly jumps over to Orton's body and drives his forearm in the face of Orton for the cover. 1...2...Randy Orton gets the shoulder up. Kurt Angle picks Randy Orton up to his feet and pushes him against the ropes. Kurt Angle irish whips Orton off the opposite set of the ropes and Orton bounces back. Angle goes for a clothesline but Orton dodges and continues to run off the ropes. Kurt Angle turns around quickly and nails Orton in the chest with a knee and Orton falls through the bottom rope and to the outside of the ring on the floor.

Kurt Angle walks towards the ropes but the referee steps in front of him and tells him to stay in the ring. Orton lays on the floor and holds on to his chest as the referee starts the count. 1.....2.....3.....4.....5.....6.....7.....Kurt Angle exits the ring to break up the count and picks Randy Orton up to his feet. Kurt Angle nails Orton in the chin with a European uppercut which sends Orton against the barricade. Kurt Angle runs at Randy Orton but Orton moves out of the way and Angle drives himself shoulder first in the barricade. Kurt Angle holds on to his shoulder as he turns around to Randy and Randy connects to Kurt's chin with a perfectly executed dropkick on the floor. Randy Orton gets up to his feet and leans agains the barricade as he stares at Angle on the floor. Randy Orton walks towards the ring and rolls in and back out to break up the ring out count. Randy Orton walks over to Angle but Angle grabs Orton by the tights and throws him shoulder first in the top of the barricade. Orton screams in pain as he falls to the floor. Kurt Angle gets up on his knees and shakes his head as he steps up to a vertical base. Kurt Angle picks Randy Orton up to his feet and throws Orton face first in the Raw announce table. Orton falls to the mat as he carries the black cover off the Raw announce table. Kurt Angle takes the monitors and throws them off the announce table as Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler clear the scene. Kurt Angle quickly rolls in the ring and back out. Randy Orton gets up with his back turned to Kurt Angle. Kurt Angle throws Orton's arm over and around his neck. Kurt Angle picks Orton up in mid air and spins him until he slams him with an Angle Slam through the Raw announce table and the fans are going wild as Orton lays on the broken pieces of the announce table. Kurt Angle looks in to the crowd and screams as the fans go nuts. Kurt Angle walks towards the ring and rolls inside and out to break up the count. Angle sits on the apron looking down at Randy Orton.

Kurt Angle jumps down from the apron and lands on his two feet. Kurt Angle picks Randy Orton up to his feet and throws him in to the ring. Kurt Angle rolls from under the bottom rope in to the ring. Kurt Angle hooks both of the legs of Orton and the referee goes down for the count. 1...2...Randy Orton kicks out as Angle sits up and looks in to the crowd with a shocked look on his face. Kurt Angle picks Randy Orton up to his feet but Orton drives his shoulder in to the gut of Angle and backs him in to the corner. Angle falls to the mat as Orton leans against the ropes looking down at Angle. Randy Orton walks to the shoulder of Angle and stomps on that limb. Randy Orton stomps on the hand of Angle and Angle pulls his arm in to his body quickly. Orton stomps on the knee of Angle and then the foot. Orton looks in to the crowd and gets the hell booed out of him which puts a smile on Orton's face. Randy Orton picks Kurt Angle up to his feet slowly and strongly irish whips him in to the corner. Randy Orton runs at Kurt Angle in the corner and nails him in the gut with a running knee. Randy Orton grabs Angle in a front facelock in RKO position. Randy Orton runs out of the corner with Angle and goes for the RKO but Angle doesn't fall to the mat and Orton crashes back first on the mat as the fans pop. Kurt Angle quickly covers Orton. 1...2...Orton kicks out! Kurt Angle immediately gets to his feet and starts to stomp on Orton's chest hard. Kurt Angle steps out on to the apron and climbs up to the top turnbuckle. Kurt Angle turns his back to the ring as Angle looks up in to the crowd in the upper deck. Kurt Angle jumps off the turnbuckle and goes for the moonsault but Orton just rolls out of the way and Angle crashes gut and chest first on the mat and turns over on his back as he clinches his ribs. Randy Orton walks over to Angle and measures him up. Randy Orton jumps up high and hits Kurt Angle in the chest with a knee drop. Randy Orton quickly hooks the leg of Angle for the cover. 1...2...Kurt Angle kicks out!

Randy Orton puts his knee on the throat of Angle and looks in to the crowd like he isn't doing anything as the referee starts to count. 1.....2.....3.....4.....The referee pulls Randy Orton off Kurt Angle as the fans boo. Orton holds his hands up in innocence as he walks back to Kurt Angle who is laying on the mat. Randy Orton picks Kurt Angle up to his feet and nails him with a European uppercut and Kurt Angle falls back against the ropes and then falls to his side in the corner. Randy Orton walks over to Kurt Angle in the corner and starts to nail him in the gut with huge right hands. Randy Orton steps up to the second rope, corning Angle. Randy Orton starts to lay Angle with huge right hands to the head as the fans count. 1...2...3...4...5...6...Randy Orton stops and looks in to the crowd as he puts a sadistic smirk on his face. Kurt Angle grabs Randy Orton by both legs, walks out of the corner and then falls back throwing Orton face first in the top turnbuckle and Randy Orton bounces back in the middle of the ring on the canvas! Kurt Angle quickly crawls to Randy Orton's body and hooks the leg of Orton for the cover. 1...2...Randy Orton gets the shoulder up! Kurt Angle gets up on to his knees and starts to pound Randy Orton in the head with forearm shots. DH Smith runs down to the ring but Angle runs up to him and knocks him across the face with stiff right hand and Smith falls down from the apron but lands on his feet. Randy Orton runs at Kurt Angle and attempts a running RKO but Kurt Angle pushes Randy Orton over the top rope, to the outside and Randy Orton lands on top of DH Smith, using him to break his fall! Kurt Angle immediately exits the ring and picks Randy Orton up to his feet. Kurt Angle slightly turns his head to the entrance way and finds Ted DiBiase running down. Kurt Angle pushes Randy Orton back first in the steel ring steps and then nails Ted DiBiase in the jaw with a huge right hand. Kurt Angle picks Ted DiBiase up to his feet and irish whips him shoulder first in the steel ring post. Kurt Angle picks DH Smith up to his feet and irish whips him kidneys first in to the barricade. Kurt Angle turns around but Randy Orton RKO's him on the floor. Randy Orton sits up and slightly turns his head. Randy Orton looks around and screams, "Where the hell is Batista!" as he looks over at Smith and DiBiase.

Cameras from the back show Batista standing up in the Evolution locker room in his ring gear watching the match. Randy Orton turns his attention to the titantron as he finds Batista with a smile on his face. Randy Orton shakes his head as Batista laughs and the cameras come back to ringside. Randy Orton turns around to find Angle up to his feet. Angle grabs Orton by the head and throws him face first in the ring apron. Kurt Angle clobbers Randy Orton in the back with vicious forearms. Kurt Angle lifts Randy by the legs and throws him in to the ring. Kurt Angle rolls under the bottom rope back in to the ring. Kurt Angle screams as the fans go nuts and Kurt Angle kneels down waiting for Randy Orton who is on one knee. Randy Orton slowly gets up to a vertical base with his back turned to Kurt Angle. Kurt Angle takes advantage and sets Randy Orton up. Kurt Angle picks Orton up and plants him in the mat with a thunderous Angle Slam as Orton turns over on his belly, holding his back in pain. Kurt Angle runs to the ankle of Orton and applies an Ankle Lock as Orton screams in pain. Kurt Angle goes down and locks on a leg scissors around the leg of Orton then Angle continues to apply pressure on with a huge ankle lock. Kurt Angle twists it more as Orton screams in horrible pain. Randy Orton digs his fingers in to the mat trying to crawl to the ropes. Randy Orton crawls slowly as he reaches out but comes up a bit short. Randy Orton uses all his strength and crawls a bit more. Randy Orton reaches out again but a bit short still. Orton can't believe it as he continues to scream in pain as the sweat pours down Orton's face. Orton uses breathes heavily and then spins along with Angle closer to the ropes and Orton literally hugs the ropes as the referee starts to count to get Angle off. 1...2...3...4...Angle releases the hold as Orton continues to hug the ropes. Angle gets up to his feet, grabs Orton by the leg and drags him to the middle of the ring. Kurt Angle applies the ankle lock once again, but Orton quickly rolls out of it and Kurt Angle gets driven shoulder first in the steel ring post. Kurt Angle slowly backs away out of the corner almost in shock as he slowly turns around to Kurt Angle. Randy Orton jumps up and connects on Kurt Angle with an RKO in the middle of the ring. Randy Orton turns Angle over on his back and weakly hooks the leg of Angle for the cover. 1...2...Angle somehow gets the shoulder up!

Randy Orton sits up in disbelief as he throws his hands over his face and wipes the sweat off. Randy Orton gets up to one knee and then steps up to a vertical base. Randy Orton walks to the ropes and rests against them as he looks down to the mat in disbelief. The fans start to break out a huge "Orton Sucks! Orton Sucks!" chant and Orton looks up in to the crowd as he shakes his head. DH Smith and Ted DiBiase are shown walking up the rampway now looking up at the titantron. Orton picks Kurt Angle up to his feet slowly but Angle immediately drops down to his knees and takes Orton down in a headlock takeover. Kurt Angle applies pressure to the headlock but Orton quickly locks Angle in a head scissors with his legs. Orton breaks it up himself and both men get to their feet. Angle runs at Orton but Orton nails Angle in the chest with a perfectly executed dropkick! Orton quickly gets up to his knees, crawls over to Angle and hooks the leg for the cover. 1...2...Angle kicks out. Randy Orton gets up to his feet and looks down at Angle in disbelief. Orton gets up to a vertical base and looks over at the corner. Randy Orton steps out on to the apron and then climbs up the top turnbuckle. Orton stands there and waits for Kurt Angle. A few seconds later, Kurt Angle gets up to one knee and then steps up to a vertical base. Kurt Angle turns around and Orton jumps off the top turnbuckle for a crossbody but Angle runs towards the ropes and Orton crashes chest and gut first on the ring canvas! Orton gets up to his feet right away, screaming in pain as he clinches his gut. Kurt Angle goes for another Angle slam but Randy Orton jumps off and lands on his feet. Kurt Angle turns around to Randy Orton and Randy Orton plants Kurt Angle with a huge RKO! Randy Orton turns Kurt Angle over on his back, hooks both legs and the referee goes down to make the count. 1...2...3!

Winner: Randy Orton to retain the World Heavyweight Championship

Randy Orton gets up to his feet as he finally finished off Kurt Angle. Randy Orton receives the World Heavyweight Championship and Orton holds it up high in the center of the ring. Randy Orton walks closer to the ropes and holds up the World Heavyweight Championship up high and the fans boo. Kurt Angle gets up to his feet behind Randy Orton, runs to Orton and hits him with a huge Angle Slam! Kurt Angle runs to the ankle and applies the ankle lock! Randy Orton screams in pain as he squirms side from side. Kurt Angle continues to apply pressure on as Orton scrams in pain. Referees and backstage workers run down to the ring pull Angle off. Angle gets up and completely snaps as he punches out some referees. Kurt Angle runs to Orton but Orton grabs the World title and slides under the bottom rope to the outside. Orton gets up to his feet on the outside, putting most of his weight on the good luck as he stares at Angle in the ring. Orton uses the barricade to walk around the ring and then Orton limps up the rampway with his back turned to Kurt Angle the entire as Angle exits the ring and runs up the rampway as the fans go nuts. Kurt Angle elbows Orton in the back of the head and Orton lets the World title go as he falls to on the rampway. Kurt Angle jumps over on top of Randy and starts to pound away with huge right hands as the fans are going wild. Security helps out referees and backstage workers and they pull Kurt Angle off of Randy and take Kurt to the back. Randy Orton gets up on his knees and stares at Angle who walks behind the curtain as Orton is busted open on his lip. Orton picks the World Heavyweight Championship up off the rampway and walks up the rampway.

The cameras fade and we are shown highlights of the matches between Jericho/Punk. MVP/RVD and Candice/Beth/Melina/Katie Lea.

Jim Ross: Well folks, earlier tonight, RVD and MVP went in to a grueling match, a very hard fought match on both men. After what MVP said after the match, Mick and I assumed MVP was faking an injury, but that's not the case, MVP was sent to a local medical facility after his match with RVD, complaining of stomach pains.

Mick Foley: Yeah, everyone is worried in the back because it may either be broken ribs or eternal bleeding. This is how it happened.

A video comes up playing the reverse hurricanrana over the top rope from RVD to MVP that went to the outside from various angles while Mick and JR talk about it.

Jim Ross: Yeah, if you look closely, you can see his rib area hit hard on the floor.

Mick Foley: And folks watching at home, everyone, let me just tell you, under that floor, is concrete and in between is VERY THIN padding. You're going to feel every bump you take on that.

The cameras go back to Mick Foley and Jim Ross as the angles of MVP's injury finishes playing.

Jim Ross: I'm sure MVP is watching, if not, I'd still like to do this. On behalf of Mick and myself, we would like to apologize to MVP for thinking he feigned the injury. We wish him a speedy recovery, he is a huge asset to the Smackdown! brand.

Cameras go backstage and we find Randy Orton walking down the halls with blood coming from his lip. Randy Orton walks in to the Evolution locker room and finds Ted DiBiase and DH Smith sitting on the leather couch while Batista is standing in front of the door in his ring gear, like he was waiting for Randy.

Randy Orton: Ted, Smith come here right now.

DH Smith and Ted DiBiase get off the couch and stand beside Batista.

Randy Orton: Now I wanna talk to all of you. Did you not see what happened after the match!? Huh? Kurt jumped me! Where the hell were you three apes. Hell, Batista, where the hell were you in the middle of the match, huh!?

Batista looks up at the ceiling like Randy is nothing.

Randy Orton: When I talk to you, you look at me you understand me! I want an explanation from all of you! Why didn't you help me after the match!

Randy looks over at Ted DiBiase.

Randy Orton: ...Ted?

Ted DiBiase just looks up at Batista as Batista looks down at Ted DiBiase.

Randy Orton then looks over at DH Smith.

Randy Orton: ...Harry?

DH Smith looks up at Batista as Batista looks back down at DH Smith.

Randy Orton: Batista!

Batista looks around the locker room and then at Randy. Batista takes a step forward and looks Randy right in the eyes.

Batista: You wanna know why? I held the door back. To prove you needed our help. But no. You're Randy the Great, right? Next time, make a decision. Either you want us, or you don't. Now excuse me, I have to go get ready for the Royal Rumble.

Randy Orton gets in Batista's way, which blocks the doorway and the fans watching from the titantron go "oooooooo!" like Batista and Randy will break out in a brawl.

Randy Orton: I just wanna remind you, good luck for tonight's royal rumble match. But let me remind you something, you're not in there to win. You're in there to make sure I get the easiest competition for WrestleMania, to make sure I keep this...

Randy Orton looks at his shoulder where the World Heavyweight Championship rests.

Randy Orton: The World Heavyweight Championship. ...Good luck.

Randy puts a smirk on his face as Batista continues to look at him in the eyes. Batista slightly tilts his head and locks his eyes to the World Heavyweight Championship. Ted DiBiase pats Batista on the back.

Ted DiBiase: Lets go man, we gotta get ready.

Batista and Ted walk out of the locker room and down the hallways as Randy breathes heavy staring at DH Smith. The cameras fade.

Michael Cole: Wow.

Jerry Lawler: I don't know what to think of all this. I mean, Evolution should've came out and helped Randy but after what Batista said, I don't know anymore.

The cameras go to the back once again and we find Kurt Angle breathing heavy as he walks around. He runs in to Mr. McMahon.

Mr. McMahon: Just who the hell do you think you are? After what you did to the World Heavyweight Champion you should be ashamed of yourself. But since you like intensity. Since you like brutality. Next week on Raw, not tomorrow night, but next week, we're going to see a rematch for the World Heavyweight Championship. Kurt Angle vs Randy Orton, World Title on the line! And it'll be in a Last Man Standing Match!

The fans go nuts! While Kurt Angle nods in approvement.

Mr. McMahon:
Now I bet you're asking yourself, why not tomorrow night? Because I already have a huge main event. It's going to be a six man tag team match. Randy Orton, Batista and Chris Jericho against Kurt Angle, CM Punk. And Kurt, you get to choose your other opponent. Good luck.

Kurt Angle nods before walking off. Mr. McMahon turns to face the camera.

Mr. McMahon: And folks, tomorrow night on Raw, I will bring to you a NEW RAW GENERAL MANAGER!

The fans pop as the cameras fade to ringside at Jerry Lawler and Michael Cole.

Michael Cole: OH MY GOODNESS! A new general manager tomorrow night on Raw will be announced! Who can it be!?

Jerry Lawler: I don't know, but I certainly can't wait! Woohoo!

Backstage we see a split screen of Mr. Kennedy and Triple H walking down the halls to the ring.

Jim Ross: Well folks, a huge match is ahead of us right here. It's Mr. Kennedy and Triple H. A match that can prove to change the course of Kennedy's career if he can pull off the victory. Mr. Kennedy vs Triple H, it's next, and here's how it all got started.

A video package of the Mr. Kennedy/Triple H feud airs.

'KENNEDY' is heard followed by 'Turn Up The Trouble' and Mr. Kennedy walks out from behind the curtain to a chorus of boos from the fans. Mr. Kennedy stands on the top of the rampway and looks in to the crowd who pour heat on to Kennedy. Mr. Kennedy breathes and then walks down the rampway as he shakes his hands. Mr. Kennedy jumps up to the second step and then walks up the rest of the steel steps. Mr. Kennedy enters the ring, walks to the corner and holds both his arms up as the fans boo. Mr. Kennedy takes his shirt off and throws it to the floor as he stand in the middle of the ring waiting for Triple H.

'King Of Kings' plays followed by 'The Game' and Triple H walks out to a huge pop from the fans. Triple H stands on the top of the rampway as the green and purple spotlight hit him. Triple H raises his head and looks in to the ring at Mr. Kennedy. Triple H spits out his water and marches down the rampway as he stares at Kennedy. Triple H stops at the end of the rampway and looks in to the crowd. Triple H walks around the ring to one side, jumps up to the apron, throws his water bottle in to the crowd and stands there. Triple H raises his head and arms and spits out hsi water as Triple H spits out his water in to the crowd now. Triple H enters the ring as Kennedy backs in to the corner. Triple H jumps up to the second rope in the corner and looks over his shoulder at Mr. Kennedy. Triple H raises his arms as he poses for the fans and the fans go nuts. Triple H jumps down on to the ring canvas and stands in the corner as he stares at Kennedy who is in the opposite corner staring at Triple H.

One More Time
Triple H vs Mr. Kennedy

Ding...Ding...Ding!

Mr. Kennedy and Triple H stare at each other from their respective corners as the fans start to break out in "Triple H! Triple H!" chants. Mr. Kennedy runs right in to the corner Triple H is in and goes for a running knee but Triple H moves out of the way and Kennedy drives himself in the corner. Triple H turns Kennedy's back to the corner and starts to pound Kennedy with huge right hands. Kennedy slithers away and rolls to the outside of the ring as he checks his nose to make sure there is no blood. Triple H exits the ring, grabs Mr. Kennedy by the head and throws him face first in the barricade. Triple H turns Mr. Kennedy's back to the barricade and starts to lay huge right hands to the jaw of Kennedy. Triple H goes for a huge one but Mr. Kennedy just moves out of the way and Triple H puts himself against the barricade. Mr. Kennedy goes to work laying out Triple H with rights and lefts to the face and gut. Mr. Kennedy grabs Triple H by the arm and irish whips him shoulder first in the steel ring post and Triple H falls hard on to the floor on impact. Mr. Kennedy starts to stomp on the shoulder of Triple H. Mr. Kennedy rolls in and out of the ring to break up the ring count. Mr. Kennedy picks Triple H up to his feet but Triple H pushes Kennedy away and Kennedy crashes spine first in the steel ring post. Triple H grabs Kennedy by the head and throws him in to the ring. Triple H enters the ring and hooks the leg of Kennedy for the cover. 1...2...Kennedy kicks out! Triple H sits over the chest of Mr. Kennedy and starts to pound Mr. Kennedy with huge right hands. Mr. Kennedy lifts his legs, hooks them around the shoulders of Triple H and rolls him up. 1...2...Triple H kicks out!

Both men get up to their feet and Mr. Kennedy runs at Triple H but Triple H hits Mr. Kennedy across the chest with a huge clothesline which sends Kennedy flying down to the mat. Triple H runs off the ropes and nails Mr. Kennedy in the forehead with a huge knee drop. Triple H quickly hooks the leg of Kennedy for the cover. 1...2...Kennedy kicks out! Triple H picks Mr. Kennedy up to his feet and takes him to the corner. Triple H wraps the arm of Kennedy around the top rope and then headbutts it and Kennedy reels in pain as he walks along the ropes. Triple H runs off the opposite set of the ropes and clotheslines Mr. Kennedy over the top rope and to the outside on the floor. Triple H exits the ring and picks Mr. Kennedy up to his feet. Triple H takes Kennedy to the steel steps and throws him face first in them. Triple H grabs Kennedy by the tights and head and throws him over the Smackdown! announce table that isn't broken in to Jim Ross and Mick Foley's laps. Triple H rolls under the bottom rope in to the ring and back out to break up the count. Triple H walks around the announce table as Mick Foley flees the scene. Triple H bends down to Mr. Kennedy who is under the table, but Mr. Kennedy grabs something from under the table and sprays it in Triple H's eyes, blinding Triple H. Mr. Kennedy jumps up to his feet and pushes Triple H gut first in the barricade. Mr. Kennedy clobbers Triple H with repeated blows to the back. Mr. Kennedy pulls the blinded Triple H away from the barricade and throws him kidney first in to the apron. Mr. Kennedy lifts Triple H's legs and rolls him in to the middle of the ring. Mr. Kennedy quickly enters the ring and hooks both legs of Triple H. 1...2...Triple H gets the shoulder up. Mr. Kennedy sits up and shakes his head. Mr. Kennedy walks to the corner and pulls off the turnbuckle padding, but the referee catches him. Kennedy drops it and the referee picks it up to tie it back on. Mr. Kennedy runs to the opposite corner and pulls off that turnbuckle padding and throws it to the outside without the referee knowing and now the steel is exposed.

Mr. Kennedy walks out to Triple H, still blinded on the mat and irish whips him. Mr. Kennedy attempts a clothesline but somehow Triple H dodges and runs off the ropes. Triple H runs back at Mr. Kennedy and hits him across the chest with a thunderous flying clothesline. Triple H gets up to his feet and waits for Mr. Kennedy. Triple H goes for a clothesline but completely misses Mr. Kennedy. Mr. Kennedy takes advantage and plants Triple H head first on the mat with a bulldog. Mr. Kennedy turns Triple H over on his back and hooks the leg for the cover. 1...2...Triple H gets the shoulder up. Triple H wipes both of his eyes and finally opens them once again. Mr. Kennedy gets up to his feet, runs off the ropes and goes for an elbow drop but Triple H just rolls out of the way. Mr. Kennedy gets up to his feet and finds Triple H on his feet. Triple H kicks Mr. Kennedy in the gut, tucks Kennedy's head in between his legs and hooks both arms for the pedigree but Mr. Kennedy fights it and backs Triple H in to the corner where the exposed steel was and Triple H bursts out in pain. Mr. Kennedy grabs Triple H by the hair and throws his head in to the exposed steel. Mr. Kennedy turns Triple H around making Triple H's chest face towards the corner. Mr. Kennedy runs off the ropes and hits Triple H with a bulldog in to the exposed steel and Triple H gets taken off his feet in the middle of the ring as he holds his head in pain. Mr. Kennedy crawls to Triple H and hooks the leg for the cover. 1...2...Triple H gets the shoulder up. Mr. Kennedy gets up to his feet and starts to stomp a mudhole in Triple H's chest. Mr. Kennedy picks Triple H up but Triple H pushes Kennedy off the ropes, Kennedy bounces back to Triple H and Triple H plants Kennedy in the mat with a huge double A spinebuster. Triple H falls over Mr. Kennedy's body and hooks the leg for the cover. 1...2...Mr. Kennedy kicks out!

Triple H gets up to his feet and backs in to the corner as he waits for Mr. Kennedy. Mr. Kennedy gets up to his feet in the center of the ring and turns around to Triple H. Triple H runs out of the corner and Mr. Kennedy goes for a clothesline but Triple H dodges, reaches back and grabs Mr. Kennedy by under the chin. Triple H falls back and plants Mr. Kennedy in the mat with a thunderous neckbreaker. Triple H turns over on his belly and looks at Kennedy on the mat. Triple H crawls to Mr. Kennedy's body and puts his arm over Kennedy's chest as the referee goes down to make the count. 1...2...Mr. Kennedy kicks out! Triple H picks Mr. Kennedy up to his feet slowly but Kennedy backs away from Triple H. Kennedy goes for a high kick to the head but Triple H dodges. Kennedy does a full spin and then clocks Triple H in the side of the head in his second attempt at the kick. Mr. Kennedy quickly turns Triple H over on his back and hooks the leg for the cover. 1...2...Triple H gets the shoulder up! Kennedy gets up to his knees, puts his hands on his head and looks down at Triple H in shock. Mr. Kennedy puts an angered look on his face and starts to go to work on Triple H with stiff elbows to the face. Triple H sits up on in the middle of the ring as he checks his face for blood. Mr. Kennedy jumps up high and then drives his knee in to the spine of Triple H which looks like it knocked the air out of Triple H. Mr. Kennedy picks Triple H up to his feet and pushes him towards the ropes. Mr. Kennedy goes to irish whip Triple H but Triple H counters and irish whips Mr. Kennedy to the ropes. Mr. Kennedy bounces back at Triple H and Triple H plants him in the mat with a thunderous double A spinebuster.

Triple H jumps up to his feet and poses as the fans go nuts. Triple H stands behind Kennedy as he waits. Mr. Kennedy gets up to his feet with his back turned to Triple H as Kennedy looks up at the titantron. Mr. Kennedy turns around and immediately goes for a kick to the head but Triple H dodges and Kennedy falls on the mat gut and chest first. Mr. Kennedy screams in pain as he gets up to his feet holding his gut. Mr. Kennedy turns around and Triple H kicks Kennedy in the gut. Triple H throws Kennedy's head in between his legs and hooks both arms for the pedigree. Mr. Kennedy fights it and spins out of it. Mr. Kennedy grabs a hold of Triple H across the throat and plants him on the mat with a huge Mic Check! Mr. Kennedy turns Triple H over on his back and hooks the leg for the cover. 1...2...3!

Winner: Mr. Kennedy

Mr. Kennedy sits up with a shocked look on his face. Mr. Kennedy rolls to the outside of the ring and raises both his arms as he backs up the rampway staring at Triple H in the ring. Triple H sits up in the ring and stares at Kennedy who still raises his arms in the air in victory. Mr. Kennedy mocks Triple H pretending to spit out water, when Kennedy is really spitting out his own spit on the rampway. Mr. Kennedy walks behind the curtain as Triple H gets up to his feet in the middle of the ring shaking his head in disbelief. The cameras cut to the back.

Backstage we find Batista with Todd Grisham.

Todd Grisham: Batista, earlier tonight, Randy Orton "reminded" you that you're only in the Rumble match... not to win, but to make sure Orton gets the easiest competition for WrestleMania. Thoughts?

Batista breathes heavy, shakes his head and laughs.

Batista: Todd, you know what. I'm my own man. Maybe Randy Orton is the leader of Evolution, but I really don't care. If I get my opportunity to win the Rumble match and main event WrestleMania, again. Then I'm going to do anything it takes to win!

Batista walks off the set as cameras change gears to Randy Orton and DH Smith in their locker room. Randy Orton is sitting on the couch, looking at the television with a disgusted look on his face as he looks beside him at the World Heavyweight Championship.

The Rated R CMStar

Well, what's to say, I'll wait for the Royal Rumble to give you the final review

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Jericho vs Punk: Pretty brutal match, and it really built up for a big ending. The ending lived up to the rest of the match in a sense, as it had Jericho attempt to seriously hurt Punk.

RVD vs MVP: Not too sure about two extremely physical matches in a row. The match itself was good, and there was nothing wrong with the finish, as it was pretty basic. Just felt the match would have meant more it were positioned differently on the card.

CM Punk promo: Shows his desperation to win. After seeing this promo, I think he will win the Rumble.

MVP promo: Nice little heelish touch.

Mickie/Candice promo: Pretty short, but meh. Got the point across.

Candice vs Katie Lea vs Beth vs Melina: LOL, Generic hits. Katie’s real music is Generator A, if you care. Very good match anyway, with a wild opening, which slowed down a little bit, and built to a good finish. Candice winning by a roll up on Beth is interesting, as it shows that you still have Beth as a hard to beat monster.

Kennedy promo: Nice little build up to the match with HHH, as Kennedy was nicely in character. This was a good length for the promo.

Evolution promo: A little bit of a disagreement here? Randy vs Batista at WrestleMania perhaps? Good way to plant the seeds for a possible feud.

Orton vs Angle: A very long match that ended extremely suddenly. I was a bit surprised to see a headlock takedown in the last paragraph lol. This match just kept building, and eventually it felt like the ending could come at any time. Kind of surprised Orton went over clean. I’m not sure what the aftermath means in terms of things with Angle. Maybe a rematch, but I don’t see Angle winning, especially after Orton went over clean.

Evolution promo: More disagreements here. This may well lead to a WrestleMania match up, which would indicate that Batista is a very good chance to win the Royal Rumble.

McMahon/Angle promo: Some good match announcements for the next two episodes of Raw, as well as the news of a new GM. I’m guessing it is a fictional person.

Kennedy vs HHH: Once again, I am surprised it was a clean win. This match was a perfect length imo, and had each man have some control of the match. With Kennedy levelling the scores, this feud could possibly go all of the way to WrestleMania.

Batista promo: Reminds me of 2005 lol. I am now pretty sure Batista will win this match, or possibly be cost it by Orton. Very good promo to show that Batista is not going to take cfrap.

I’ll review the actual Royal Rumble match when you get it up too.