Womens Tag Team Titles

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I'm going to say no, but not because I don't want to see the women get tag team belts. I simply don't want to see another 2 sets of belts that get booked into uselessness on top of the belts that already do.
Smackdown tag titles are not bad

Village Idiot

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
Like all other titles they should have two.. One Raw & One Smackdown Women's Tag Team Title.. The only thing that makes Sense....

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
Wow, this is some shit. Thanks for sharing this. I had no idea the WWF women's tag team division ever existed. Why did they suddenly stop producing women tag team champions all of a sudden?

Women's wrestling back then basically sucked. They werent presented as a draw and no one cared. If you have the network the earlier Wrestlemanias have them IIRC. WM I and II have not aged well, WM III has 1 good match and "the spot".

Ameew

Jobber
Reaction score
I really hope Bayley and Sasha don’t win it . Their whole dynamic bores me . I think Bayleys not that great and Sasha deserves a good singles feud . They’re clear winners over Alicia Fox and Nikki Cross next week though .

Nia and Tamina are the definition of boring , so I’d like either the Riott Squad or Mandy /Sonya to win . I think the Riott Squad are the higher profile team though

Chaz-1

Jobber
Reaction score
If they are cross brand then I would like to see the champions defend the belts against an NXT team at a future Takeover.

Think these tag team belts could be used to help develop character and elevate those that are a level below main event performers at present.

At present you have Becky, Charlotte, Ronda, Asuka and then there is a big gap to the others. Some will say Sasha should be included in that list but she has never stood out to me. I just find her reckless with her body.

Paul Diaz-Berrio

The Artiste
Reaction score
It turns out the Bella Twins only came back to take part in the women's revolution for the briefest of spells. Even though Brie got involved in an angle with her husband against the Miz and Maryse, as well as beginning that short-lived feud with Ronda Rousey alonside Nikki, I can see the Bella fire isn't burning as brightly as it used to. In 2013, they'd have made attempts to get the Tag Team belts the moment they materialized. Right now though, with baby no. 2 for Brie and a tricky neck injury for Nikki, the two of them have been left out of the loop.

Perhaps after Danielson no. 2 arrives and Nikki sorts out her neck issue, we might see them again, but I'm guessing their goals might be different. Either way, they'll be older, so the test of time will be presented to them and whether they pass or not depends largely on the age of the roster when they rear their heads again.

Ameew

Jobber
Reaction score
I agree , I’d even be happy for Trish and Lita to return briefly for a feud with a heel team over the belts to help raise some people’s profiles .
Aside of their top four , no one else really sticks out . Feuds over the two existing titles will get stale with just those four women and anyone else now will seem like a weak contender. The Tag titles will definitely help . I’d like to see some NXT women in the mix too

Paul Diaz-Berrio

The Artiste
Reaction score
Whatever happens next, new talent must be developed. The time of the veterans has to be balanced with the rise of the new blood. Wrestlemania 35 is going to be the 5th event of the 30th, so now WWE has to ensure that new interest is promoted in women. If it does, we could see something really great unfold by 2020.

Village Idiot

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
There has to be one Raw & one Smackdown Women's title.. One women's title between two shows Dosen't work Doh!