Womens Tag Team Titles

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I guess its a 6 way tag team match at Elimination Chamber. 3 teams from Raw and 2 from Smackdown? Who are some favorite? Becky ans Sasha would certainly be the obvious choice.

Then do the belts just stay on one brand? I think the female tag division should able be on both brands. The men have hardly enough teams sometimes so i know the females will if its just on one brand

Last edited:
Reactions: Anthony Borthacyre
Reaction score
I guess its a 6 way tag team match at Elimination Chamber. 3 teams from Raw and 2 from Smackdown? Who are some favorite? Becky ans Sasha would certainly be the best choice.

Then do the belts just stay on one bran? I think the female tag division should able be on both brands. The men have hardly enough teams sometimes so i know the females will if its just on one brand
Honestly just the fact that they finally pulled the trigger on these makes me happy. Personally, I'd like to see the Riott Squad win and do a Freebirds thing with the belts

Crash

Reaction score
I hope Peyton and Royce wins those titles... Also are the tag titles strictly for RAW or Smackdown can win it too?

Koko B.

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I'm not excited for this for a few reasons:
1) They don't know how to tell any good stories. Fighting for these belts will be meaningless, like all the other belts in the E.
2) Proudly featured on the Pre-Show.
3) It will be within 1 year that we see the reigning champs turn on each other. The betrayal, "I carried this team" to set up a 1-1 feud.

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
Royce and Kay should win it.. They're the only female team that feels legitimate lately... even Mandy and Sonya don't feel like much of a team anymore.

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
the Riott Squad desperately needs something. Sasha and Bayley are solid too but they're the obvious choice so doubt they're gonna go with them as the inaugural champs. Peyton and Billie are fine as well, but I doubt they're gonna be able to deliver good enough matches to keep this division going at the start

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
Yes, they are cross brand

And for the winner... I think it'll be a Raw frankenteam. Stupid, I know, but this is WWE. Natalya and Ember Moon, that's my guess

Crash

Reaction score
Yes, they are cross brand

Ok good, makes it more interesting.

And for the winner... I think it'll be a Raw frankenteam. Stupid, I know, but this is WWE. Natalya and Ember Moon, that's my guess

Ewwww I hope not, I mean I don't mind Ember Moon, but Natalya... I'm sick and tired of her being around every major angles in the women division.

Paul Diaz-Berrio

The Artiste
Reaction score
How long's it taken for us to think of this? For years, we sat back and watched only men earn tag team belts without raising an eyebrow. It's only now, some thirty five years or more since tag teams first became popular that we begin to question the issue. How come we were so blinded by a male dominated concept? I mean, I can't say I'm any less to blame, because I too, turned a blind eye, but why did we all turn away from the idea of women tag team championships? Why did we let men pull the wool over our eyes for so long?

Crash

Reaction score
How long's it taken for us to think of this? For years, we sat back and watched men tagging without raising an eyebrow. It's only now, some thirty five years or more since tag teams first became popular that we begin to question the issue. How come we were so blinded by a male dominated concept? I mean, I can't say I'm any less to blame, because I too, turned a blind eye, but why did we all turn away from the idea of women tag team championships? Why did we let men pull the wool over our eyes for so long?

It has been done in the 80s actually there was a WWF Women's tag team titles WWF Women's Tag Team Championship - Wikipedia

TNA also had a knockouts tag team division for a short time in which Eric Young was a champ.

Reactions: Paul Diaz-Berrio

Paul Diaz-Berrio

The Artiste
Reaction score
It has been done in the 80s actually there was a WWF Women's tag team titles WWF Women's Tag Team Championship - Wikipedia

TNA also had a knockouts tag team division for a short time in which Eric Young was a champ.

Wow, this is some shit. Thanks for sharing this. I had no idea the WWF women's tag team division ever existed. Why did they suddenly stop producing women tag team champions all of a sudden?

Reactions: Crash

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I honestly couldn't care less about who wins

Crash

Reaction score
Wow, this is some shit. Thanks for sharing this. I had no idea the WWF women's tag team division ever existed. Why did they suddenly stop producing women tag team champions all of a sudden?

I have no idea, my guess is it wasn't drawing enough money, the TNA women tag team titles also had a short run.

Reactions: Paul Diaz-Berrio

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
Personally, I love tag team wrestling, it's my favorite division. Mainly the reason I'm kinda iffy on it is because WWE butchers both their tag and women divisions, and I am pretty fearful of what a women's tag division will turn into. If they book it well, I'll be absolutely over the moon

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
I'm going to say no, but not because I don't want to see the women get tag team belts. I simply don't want to see another 2 sets of belts that get booked into uselessness on top of the belts that already do.