Woman Pleads Guilty In Baby-Snatching Case

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
New York (CNN) -- A woman who stole an infant from a Manhattan hospital in 1987 pleaded guilty to a federal kidnapping charge Friday and could face at least 20 years behind bars.

Ann Pettway has been charged in the abduction of Carlina Renae White, now in her early 20s, who was reunited with her biological mother last year.

Pettway pleaded not guilty to the kidnapping charge last year.

Carlina White was 19 days old when her mother took her to the Harlem hospital with a fever more than two decades ago. The mother, Joy White, testified that she went home to rest and returned to the hospital to find her baby missing.

"Ann Pettway preyed on me," Joy White said Friday, adding that she remembered seeing Pettway at the hospital.

"All I want is justice," White said. "This is too much for me and my family."

The grand jury said Pettway had "willfully and knowingly" seized the baby. She turned herself in last month at the FBI office in Bridgeport, Connecticut.

"I raised her as my own and I knew it was wrong," Pettway said Friday.

The younger White, who was raised under a different name, long had a nagging feeling that she was brought up by a family she did not belong to, Ernie Allen of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children has said.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
I feel bad for the kid to be kidnapped at the hospital and raised by some fruit loop only to find you belong to someone else who is going to have to try and get all those years missing back and it just won't happen.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
How weird would it be to find out after nearly 20 years that you were kidnapped by the people that raised you! Good to see that in the end justice is being done but I feel for the parents and child that missed out on the last 20 years together.