Woman Gets Surprise $941 Water Bill

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

tbone247

Reaction score
man there are a lot of matches that i would rate 5 stars....like angle vs michaels from wm21 and i just saw lesnar vs angle from summerslam 2003 again and that match gets better every time i see it

PeepShow

1. HHH/Cactus Jack at No Way Out 2000
2. TLC 2 at WM 17
3. Samoa Joe/Daniels/Styles at AAO 2006
4. SCSA/Rock at WM 17
5. Angle/HBK at WM 21

tbone247

Reaction score
ive actually been thinking of what my fav matches are and right now i have
-angle vs hbk-wm21
-bret hart vs owen hart-wmx
-aj styles vs chris daniels-aao 2005
-angle vs lesnar-summerslam 2003
-and angle vs benoit from wmx or unforgiven 2002

Conc3pt

Reaction score
The first one that comes to mind is

The WWF vs The Alliance 5 on 5 elimination match at Survivor series '01. Easily one of the best matches ever. Had an excellent buildup towards it and hell, the promo before the match was pretty awesome too.

the other would probably be The Rock vs Hollywood Hulk Hogan at WM18.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
PECULIAR, Mo. -- A Peculiar, Mo., woman says she doesn’t understand how her water usage skyrocketed, sticking her with a $900 bill.

Liana Crane said she is at her wit’s end. Her $940 water bill was due on Thursday, and she told KMBC's Peggy Breit that she didn’t have the funds to cover it.

“My normal usage is around 6000 gallons a month,†Crane said. “This month they’re telling me I used 60,300 gallons.â€

60,300 gallons of water would mean about 80 gallons of water was used every hour, every day for the entire month.

Crane said when she got the bill she had everything checked and had a plumber look for leaks. She couldn’t find anything wrong.

The city of Peculiar said it checked all of its equipment and everything around Crane’s house and can find nothing that it would be responsible for. So the city said Crane has to pay.

“Somehow that water ran through the meter and we as the city, all the residents, have to pay that bill,†said Peculiar city administrator Brad Ratliff.

The city said a worker found Liana’s hose running, but Crane said there was no evidence of that in her yard.

Crane said she already got water saving toilets and a new meter. Now she hopes she doesn’t see another huge bill.

“This isn’t just putting stress on me, it's putting stress on my family too. And that’s what’s hard,†Crane said.

Late Thursday afternoon Crane spoke with Peculiar’s mayor who took $100 off her bill. The mayor was also giving her 90 days to pay the balance.

Crane said she was grateful for the break, but she still didn’t know how she was going to pay the bill.

Breit reported that some KMBC viewers have offered to help Crane pay the sum.

Starbuck

Reaction score
Maybe somebody in her family has a hydroponic set-up or two that she doesn't know about. If so, the bill could probably be covered and thensome.