Wiz's Covers Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score

Little bit of Drop A chugging never hurt anyone. This album came out in like my sophomore year of high school and I still love it. Deathcore is extremely hit or miss for me but Whitechapel in this era was solid. Their music kinda sucks now, but they had some good years.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score

Little bit of Drop A chugging never hurt anyone. This album came out in like my sophomore year of high school and I still love it. Deathcore is extremely hit or miss for me but Whitechapel in this era was solid. Their music kinda sucks now, but they had some good years.

It might be because I am half away awake, but I thought this was you doing the vocals and I was like damn that is awesome and on point, and then I realized it was a bass cover, lol. Again good cover and I agree Whitechapel's newer music isn't that great.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Had an idea while stoned as hell and actually followed through with it for once.

I transposed the bassline of Leather Teeth by Carpenter Brut to bass guitar. I have a good ear so it wasn't hard to pick out the notes, just had to arrange them. Picked A Standard tuning for ease of playing since the song is mostly rooted in G and C. Could not manage to replicate the snarl and the nastiness of modulated bass so I settled for a blend of a clean and distorted tone to give it a little bit of an edge. I'd like to try something with a bit harder of a bassline, but there's only so much we can do with our feeble human bodies compared to software, so I'm not sure what other synthwave I'd like to try and transpose.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score

I felt like this song deserved a redo. My tone was atrocious, playing was sloppy, and I had a .9-74 set on the 8 string which isn't heavy enough for Drop D1. Better tone, with lots of midrange just so my playing won't get buried in the original song. Tried it with this fat, chuggy, low end heavy tone I made and it was just muddy. Changed to .11-80 strings which handles the lower tunings better, and besides some off timing issues at the end (I got excited because of how good this sounded compared to the original) the playing is much improved.

I don't know how many people even look at this thread, but if you heard the first cover of Coma, this one's much better.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
So I haven't posted anything in four months, got kinda bored just doing covers and whatnot so I stopped recording them for a while. Been working on some original music, kinda melodic death metal themed like the band I used to be in. But I got a new bass today, and got a really nice tone pretty similar to Shavo's from the early SOAD albums, so I decided to run through Suite-Pee really quick.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley