• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marvel26

Reaction score
Producers for the Big Brother reality TV show in the UK are hoping to get a WWE Superstar, specifically William Regal, to host an upcoming episode this Summer where the contestants of the show will be paired off in a ring for some wrestling challenges.

Big Brother begins airing this June and with William Regal being gone from WWE until late July, it could be a good way for him to earn some income while away from the WWE action.

If you read what has been wrote it acually doesn't say to be a contestant. It says to "PRESENT" an episode so at least he wont be part of the freakshow!

Viva!

Reaction score
I really hope he doesn't do it.

Airfixx

^^^Me too.

Anyone with half a modicum of taste or non-TV related activity in their lives hates Big Brother.

From a UK standpoint, he won't really endear wrestling to the 'non-believers' here... Particularly atm whilst Sky ITV are pushing a revamp of 'American Gladiators'. Worlds apart I know, but still...

Also, let's not forget there's already been a 'celebs become a wrestlers' reality show here and that was pulled after a few episodes.

[Loosely related to lack of mainstream interest in wrestling over here...] Did ya'll know it costs just £7 for a ticket to some of TNA's UK shows? ...That's about 3 and a half yankee dollar! LOL

Regal should shoot on the fame-seeking fuckwits, thus beating the crap out of them. I might watch a re-run of that! LOL

Marvel26

Reaction score
[Loosely related to lack of mainstream interest in wrestling over here...] Did ya'll know it costs just £7 for a ticket to some of TNA's UK shows? ...That's about 3 and a half yankee dollar! LOL

You've got it the wrong way round, the £ is half of the $, so therefore £7 is roughly about $14. I'm sure tickets were way more than that anyway!

Rell

Reaction score
I guess he'll have something to do during his suspension, idiot :smh

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
I wouldn't really want a wrestler who just got suspended for drugs/steriods to host my TV show.

HHHforever

Reaction score
^I doubt they were much more than 15 though. Cheap seats for the WWE are only 20 and I think TNA is cheaper so 14 would be very accurate if not less imo.

Anyway I don't see why not for Regal. Good way to make some money while he's suspended and doens't have anything else to do.

I tend to agree with Osama though, I'm surprised they'd even want a drug addict on their show, I wouldn't. However one thing to keep in mind is that for whatever reason Regal is HUGE overseas. He goes from a heel to an instant face everytime they go over there.

Evil Austin

ROFL, William Regal on Big Brother.. My god this is going to be hilarious but unfortunately I don't have UK tv but thats gold.

Viva!

Reaction score
He's a huge face because:

A) He's British.

B) He's worked his way right to the top of the wrestling world from British Pro Wrestling, which is a huge step.

C) European fans appreciate talent more then faces.

D) He's always put in important angles or given a huge match on British tours, so fans see him up close as a main eventer.

E) I think in general he's getting a lot more pops (in America even) as his cache increases.

In short, the reason why he shouldn't go on Big Brother is because it's seen as a career killer in the UK. The most desperate, Z-List celebrities go on it. If he doesn't want his name dragged through the tabloids and so on then he shouldn't go on it. It's got such negative connotations that go with it nowadays. It's been decreasing in popularity for the past few years and is getting more desperate each time. The few people whose career in the UK has boosted after going on Big Brother were from the very first few series.

Also the general British audience who would watch Big Brother are already cynical of pro wrestling. It's been done before on prime time TV and bombed. That had D Lo Brown and a few other wrestlers in it and it got cancelled after a few episodes. He won't be reaching an audience whose going to appreciate him anyway.

He's above it. He's got a huge wrestling career. He's popular across the UK and abroad and he's not going to get a lot of money or positive exposure from it. I just can't see any positives coming from it.