Will you buy Double or Nothing?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Will you buy Double or Nothing?

• Yes

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
As we all know AEW Double or Nothing is this weekend. The PPV is priced at $49.99. Will you be buying this PPV? And im not talking about streaming it online somewhere for free. Are you interested and supportive enough to spend your money on this promotion? WWE has changed that PPV game for wrestling in a big way with the Network and im interested to see what the buyrate is for Double or Nothing.

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Absolutely.

I remember back in the late Attitude Era and the Ruthless Aggression Era where PPVs were $60, yet we payed for them, why? because back then the product was so good it justifyed the price. If you pay $60 and it doesnt deliver on that asking price of value, then you aint going to buy another one and complain that you wasted money. But if you payed that amount and loved it? you wont be saying you wasted money, you payed for a $60 doller product and you got a product of that value. You're happy, your money was well spent.

Its funny people bring up the WWE network and how its $10, yet the funny reality is thats basicly the value of the product, its not like your getting a huge deal, you're getting what you payed for, a $10 product. Stuff like New Japan is the same price, but in their case it a huge deal and a great value, your getting a great product for $10 so you are still satisfied, but in a much different way compared to WWE.

Now we have Double or Nothing, a $50 PPV, and people are upset. What is there to be upset about? they cant just charge $10, they dont have a AEW Network, and honestly it says alot about their confidence in the product, they are saying thats the value of their product, and if it matches that value, those who payed wont be complaining, they will say it is was worth the price. Problems only arrive if by the end of the show, the price isnt justified.

Just look at Video Games, people pay $60 all the time for games that either match the value or dont, we only complain if the game sucks and isnt worth that amount. (Just look at Anthem and Fallout 76, people payed $60 and were very angry because they payed for a $60 product and what they got was not even close to that value, it wasnt worth the price, so people were mad.) But if it is worth it? then we arent complaining, and guess what? we pay that amount for new games, unproven entitys, the same thing, if its worth it, money well spent, if not? then its a problem.

We know how great the superstars in AEW are, so how can anyone say they are unproven? did you just forget the Kenny Okada matches? the first Jericho vs Omega match? did you forget All In? did you forget how just recently when the young bucks were announced for a main event in Triple AAA they drew in over 5 million viewers? did you forget how great all the people involved are? the truth is they are proven, we know how good they are, and if they are at their best for double or nothing, then i think the price will be justfied.

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
Change is upon us.

Yes, I will buy Double or Nothing and I hope you all buy it to.
?