Will the WWE (and by extension the wrestling biz) ever die?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kaedon

Reaction score
So many people have said the WWE is taking the business to a new low, they making it harder for wrestlers to earn a competitive wage being that they eliminated their only competition. They are also monoploizing the business in terms of what is and isnt accepted as the norm. With all of that being said, usually when an enitity does this in any other field of life, business, tv, etc, they usually eventually go belly up. Will that ever happen to the WWE? Will they eventually make the business so bad that they, themselves, cant turn it back around? Will people ever just plainly get tired of pro wrestling? Will the "renewable resource" IE the new kids that get into it each year, cease to exist?

eggthief

Reaction score
I guess Ill see what the next era is gonna be, if the current era is gonna last forever then yes the WWE will fall. Also if TNA starts to become a threat then that might encourage WWE to improve their product.

Reaction score
Competition is good. It keeps you on your toes and causes you to continually need to 'up your game' so to speak. WWE made a mistake by killing off WCW (in the long run). They NEED TNA to become a threat, but in reality will TNA ever overtake them? Probably not. That's what WWE needs to stay alive: competition.

I doubt wrestling will ever die. WWE may one day cease to exist, as all things eventually do, but it is quite possible that another giant will rise, or wrestling will simply become more of an indy thing with RoH-etc being the forefront. It may lose its pop-iconic status at that point.

Soulpower

Tomko:No

The wrestling business will never die. There's always going to be a market for wrestling in some way, shape or form. There's always going to be people willing to throw down money to see the whole spectacle of Pro Wrestling.

Besides, for some reason, I still have faith that either Vince (Or his successor) will "get it" and some point, and make the necessary changes to attract a whole new fanbase to the product.

MikeRaw

No... Well maybe in hundreds of years, but if we're talking about my lifetime, no... There will always be people wanting to wrestle. Some may be better than others, but I don' tthink we realise how many guys there actually are who want to wrestle. So I can't see a shortage of that.

So that just leaves rthe fanbase. And I don't thik that will die either. That's the same as a sport losing all it's fans... Possible, but not likely. Knowing Vince, even if he get's 0.3 ratings for a year straight, he won't fold his company unless it get's to 0.0, and that's unlikely.
I don't see it dying.

Wrestling Station

With the internet playing as a threat to the pro-wrestling business. Yes.

I think that they need to make it look more "real" and less botching and no spoilers to be submitted in the internet.

Kids will eventually know the game and will lose interest to it. So as I mentioned, they need to improve the product in all aspects.

J

^^Agreed as stated before by man people, Having Smackdown do live shows would help out tons. Half the time people don't watch Smackdown it's because they already know what's going to happen and also I know I'm not the only one who watches Raw and Smackdown lately and know exactly whats going to happen, without knowing spoilers, It's way to obvious lately.

If they don't do that it will continue to bomb, but WWE not dumb. All they'd need to do is merge all 3 brands lets tag alongs go and they'd be fine again. So the chances of them dying out. Slim to none.

Reaction score
I dont think the WWE will ever end but I do think the popularity of it will always have good and bad spells. Whether it will ever reach the popularity of the attitude era again is another question.

MikeRaw

With the internet playing as a threat to the pro-wrestling business. Yes.

I think that they need to make it look more "real" and less botching and no spoilers to be submitted in the internet.

Kids will eventually know the game and will lose interest to it. So as I mentioned, they need to improve the product in all aspects.

NO. Wjhy would they need to make it look more real?Even people who aren't "internet" fans, still know wrestling is fake, even alot of kids. Internet was around int he attitude era as well, and there were alot of internet fans, and it survived well. Why would wwe make it look real, when they acknowledge it's not?
In dvd's, intervies, etc, they are never in character, and always talk about it as being a show, and performer, so making it look real wouldn'nt help, and the internet won't threaten it anymore than it has in the past few years.

Wrestling Station

NO. Wjhy would they need to make it look more real?Even people who aren't "internet" fans, still know wrestling is fake, even alot of kids. Internet was around int he attitude era as well, and there were alot of internet fans, and it survived well. Why would wwe make it look real, when they acknowledge it's not?
In dvd's, intervies, etc, they are never in character, and always talk about it as being a show, and performer, so making it look real wouldn'nt help, and the internet won't threaten it anymore than it has in the past few years.
Actually, the number of users that are using the internet are greater than what was before during the attitude era.

Also, people these days love to see big men actually fighting for winning and not for having a fake show. Thats what so many people are getting to these days.

The life style itself is changing every decade or so. Thats why im saying that eventually kids wont be entertained by this. As they will be looking for real fights instead. (like MMA). Thats a fact, how many kids you see having laptops and cell phones these days? If you compare this with the number of kids having those things 10 years ago you will understand what im talking about here.

MikeRaw

Actually, the number of users that are using the internet are greater than what was before during the attitude era.

Also, people these days love to see big men actually fighting for winning and not for having a fake show. Thats what so many people are getting to these days.

The life style itself is changing every decade or so. Thats why im saying that eventually kids wont be entertained by this. As they will be looking for real fights instead. (like MMA). Thats a fact, how many kids you see having laptops and cell phones these days? If you compare this with the number of kids having those things 10 years ago you will understand what im talking about here.

Yes, they may liek something real, but liking one thing doesn't mean cmpletely dropping another. Example.... If I'm a hockey fan, and then I want something with slower pace, and more players, fieding, etc, then I would watch baseball. But I can still be a hockey fan. And then I like two things...

So, my point is, if people end up liking sommething else, it doesn't mean everyone is going to stop liking wrestling, they can like both.
And again, I don't think the realness is an issue. Because they can get realism in MMA, but they will also realise that in wwe, and wrestling, you can get storylines, feuds, and entertainment, even if it is only a show, so alot of people will conitue to like that, because the majority of people like tv shows. Which is what wrestling is, and noone has a problem with it, because they admit that.

Evil Austin

wwe will never die wcw tried to ecw tried to and they both failed tna will one day try to and they too will fail wwe is just too big to stop now with their own hollywood movie lines and stuff like that, and as a result of that being no competition and wwe will never let there be any competition taking it out before it is compeition that is their weakness because now they can laze around and do whatever they want because there is no one to compete against basically but when the times come for it the wwe can go out and put on a great storyline.

Austin_316

Reaction score
Well to be honest im slowly getting bored of wrestling. Over the years it has become less and less appealing to me but that just maybe me getting older and knowing whats gonna happen. in all fairness when the rivalry started back in 2001 with the alliance i got bored for a few years. Wrestling will never be the same without the best in their prime with the likes of Undertaker, DX, The Rock, Stone Cold, Mick Foley and the rest of the 90's crowd. Shame this has come but i think possibly in the next 5 or 6 years WWE will be finished.

The Rated R CMStar

First, just because you are bored of wrestling, or because you think WWE sucks now, it will die in 5 years.

Bottomline is, WWE ending will not have to do with the product they are putting, good or bad, but the finances and actions of the company. Ratings will also play a nice part.

Also, I think we will see a lack of wrestlers soon. I don't know why, but I just feel that less and less people want to become wrestlers.