Will Ospreay reveals AJ Styles reached out to him during free agency

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Will Ospreay spoke about his decision to sign with AEW during an appearance on AEW Unrestricted.

Ospreay mentioned during the podcast that in the lead-up to his free agency, he received a call from WWE's AJ Styles, someone who he has long considered a hero.

Ospreay said

AJ was on the phone to me when he was trying to, I guess the right word would be 'sway' in making my decision on which company I should (sign with). And it flatters me because AJ is my hero, everything I wanted to become.
Ospreay has frequently spoken about the influence AJ Styles' run in TNA Wrestling had on him. He continued to say that he believes Styles has always kept an eye on him throughout his career.

Ospreay continued:

I feel like he's always kept an eye on me. I feel like even now, I guess that's what the phone call was about, but he always keeps an eye on me every now and again but for me, coming (to AEW) was the right thing to do. I just knew coming here, I wanted to make a difference, I wanted to be part of a change in the culture.
Ospreay and Styles have wrestled twice, both in 2015 before Styles left NJPW for WWE in January 2016. Styles defeated Ospreay at RevPro High Stakes 2015 and then beat both Ospreay and Marty Scurll in a triple-threat match eight months later at RevPro Uprising.

Up next for Ospreay is an International title match against Roderick Strong at AEW Double or Nothing later this month. Styles will challenge Cody Rhodes for the WWE Championship at Backlash on Saturday.

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Wouldn't shock me if HHH asked AJ to have a word with him and a smart tactic to try to use AJ to bring Will in. Plus not like WWE have not treated AJ well

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Wouldn't shock me if HHH asked AJ to have a word with him and a smart tactic to try to use AJ to bring Will in. Plus not like WWE have not treated AJ well

I feel like the dumb dumbs of the IWC are gonna be like "tampering!" Or something bc technically his NJPW deal wasn't up but that's always been my issue with most tampering rules in sports anyway, it's always claimed unfairly and let's actual cases fall through the cracks for it. Bc personally I don't give a fuck about a single wrestler working for any company telling another wrestler "hey man this place is great you should sign here"

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I feel like the dumb dumbs of the IWC are gonna be like "tampering!" Or something bc technically his NJPW deal wasn't up but that's always been my issue with most tampering rules in sports anyway, it's always claimed unfairly and let's actual cases fall through the cracks for it. Bc personally I don't give a fuck about a single wrestler working for any company telling another wrestler "hey man this place is great you should sign here"
Those dumb dumbs probably need some gum gum. Honestly who gives a rats ass if someone reached out to a friend. How many times has Bailey and Naomi shown up for Mercedes and vice versa. You know they all still talk and chat.