Will Matt Hardy ever hold heavyweight gold?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Y2Jasmine

Reaction score
I agree. He is a really hard worker and has been putting on good matches for aot of weeks now. He really deserves to be a champ but I just cant picture it. Not anytime in the near future.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Me personally I don't see Matt Hardy or Jeff Hardy holding the WWE Championship because they didn't really show that they deserve a Title shot. they're Mid-Card wrestlers to me

I can buy Matt more than Jeff. But that's only because Jeff is terrible.

Trips V.2

Reaction score
Mysterio and Edge, two of the more recent World Heavyweight Champions are far from huge. If you are small and you are either hugely over or a potential draw you will get a chance. Unfortunately for Matt he is only somewhat over and will probably never be a draw.

If he can't get to the main event scene with the rosters as weak as they are now, he will never make it.

WTF are you talking about... have you watched SD! lately? The fans blow up when he comes out of the curtain. Kids and adults alike are all flashing the V1 symbol.

I say give him the right time to shine... he could become one of the biggest draws in the company.

CenaMark54

WTF are you talking about... have you watched SD! lately? The fans blow up when he comes out of the curtain. Kids and adults alike are all flashing the V1 symbol.

I say give him the right time to shine... he could become one of the biggest draws in the company.

He gets a decent reaction but it is nowhere near the reaction top faces like Cena, Batista, HHH, Taker, Rey and HBK get. Even Jeff gets a louder pop.

Plus SD is a taped program so you have to take any reaction with a grain of salt.

Trips V.2

Reaction score
That's a good point about it being taped.

It just seems that week after week more cheers are there. I just think Matt could be huge... not just because I am a bit of a Hardy mark but because the man is very talented and has the match of the night on every SD!.

Reaction score
Matt IS the biggest draw on SD. he gets bigger pops than Dave. seriously, just listen to the crowd... (Batistia) YYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

(Matt)YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Thats what it sounds like

CenaMark54

Matt IS the biggest draw on SD. he gets bigger pops than Dave. seriously, just listen to the crowd... (Batistia) YYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

(Matt)YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Thats what it sounds like

Matt is not a draw at all and regardless of whether you like Dave or not he gets one of the biggest reactions in the WWE behind Cena.

Nation

I can see Matt winning the title but not for a few years. As for Jeff he should be no where near the wwe/world title. I wouldn't mind if he won the ECW world title though.

Rell

Reaction score
Matt Hardy isnt close to being the biggest draw. I think some of you confuse being a "Draw" with being "Over", Scotty 2 Hotty and Funaki were way over, does that make them huge draws? Does people go to shows to see Funaki? I didn't think so.

straight_edge76

Actually, I think Matt could be/is a major draw. I mean look around the arenas when he his music hits, you see more Matt hardy Signs/T-Shirts then Batista. Plus he is arguably one of the most over superstars in the WWE behind Cena, HHH, Batista, Lashley,HBK, Rey and a few others.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Actually, I think Matt could be/is a major draw. I mean look around the arenas when he his music hits, you see more Matt hardy Signs/T-Shirts then Batista. Plus he is arguably one of the most over superstars in the WWE behind Cena, HHH, Batista, Lashley,HBK, Rey and a few others.

Didn't Rell already explain the difference between being a major draw and being over?

Matt Hardy right now couldn't draw an arena full of people.

Trips V.2

Reaction score
Yeah he couldn't right now... but in the future I think it could definitely happen.

Props to straight_edge 67 for the signs point. There always are V1 signs in the crowd.

Reaction score
ever since he bulked up he has lost agility and speed,he needs to get into a feud withe edge when the latter returns then he could get involved in the tiltle scene.otherwise i don't see it happening.

straight_edge76

I am pretty sure Hardy will be getting a slow-but steady main event push around WrestleMania, he will most likely win MITB at WrestleMania and cash it in around Summer Slam or GAB against Edge or Undertaker, Edge would be a more realistic person to beat so there isn't another Rey Mysterio-esque debate.