Will Matt Hardy ever hold heavyweight gold?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Trips V.2

Reaction score
I personally believe he could at some point, and at the rate he's going I could see it happening relatively soon.

He's been SD!'s best and most consistent worker week in week out and his mic work hasn't been too bad in this feud with MVP.

Opinions?

Reaction score
I think he will. But they are going to have to dwindle down the champ first. I think Batista will take if from Khali. Someone will have to take it from Batista. And this it will be Hardys time. Im sorry, but it would be another Rey situation if Hardy took the title from Khali or Batista, imo.

Bradders

Reaction score
No, because unfortunately Vince only likes the big guys, we should start a petition, though.

Reaction score
I want him too but unfortunately I don't think he will for some reason it will be Rey all over again. I think he deserves as he has been really good and consecutive lately unlike everyone who is getting injured

Bradders

Reaction score
WWE really need star power and Matt Hardy is their man but Vince won't recognise this and he will maybe hold the U.S title for a few months until Edge comes back and Smackdown will have a lot more star power.

The Rated R CMStar

Matt's only chance to even get a title shot is if Edge is the World Champ, he overcoming the odds winning Royal Rumble or Money in the Bank

JJdaBuckeye

Reaction score
im half and half on this

yes: because he is an extremely hard worker, he is ALWAYS over with the fans, and he can put on good matches.

no: Vince has a big man fetish, and unless hardy gets way bigger, the chances of it are small.

if it happens, i want them to wait until Edge comes back. have Hardy win the Royal Rumble, and keep pushing him in the U.S. division, until WM, where him and Edge face off for the WHC.

King_Ash

Reaction score
I personally would love to see Hardy with hevyweight gold... but for some reaosn he doesnt change... people change when they are going to get a title reign... however hardy has stayed the same... he deserves the title belt but his getup is just too midcard looking.

Travis40

im half and half on this

yes: because he is an extremely hard worker, he is ALWAYS over with the fans, and he can put on good matches.

no: Vince has a big man fetish, and unless hardy gets way bigger, the chances of it are small

if it happens, i want them to wait until Edge comes back. have Hardy win the Royal Rumble, and keep pushing him in the U.S. division, until WM, where him and Edge face off for the WHC.

BAHHHHHHHH, that's just nasty...:surprise:

I'd just keep Matt Hardy heel for the rest of his career and then...MAYBE give him a World Title down the line and one of the only ways I ever see him getting it would be if Jeff died :-/

CenaMark54

No, because unfortunately Vince only likes the big guys, we should start a petition, though.

Mysterio and Edge, two of the more recent World Heavyweight Champions are far from huge. If you are small and you are either hugely over or a potential draw you will get a chance. Unfortunately for Matt he is only somewhat over and will probably never be a draw.

If he can't get to the main event scene with the rosters as weak as they are now, he will never make it.

MC Rae

Reaction score
I'd love to see Matt Hardy hold heavyweight gold one day. But, as people have stated, he's probably not enough of a 'big man' in Vinces eyes. Its a shame because he's a great worker.

I think we will only see Matt Hardy wearing heavyweight gold if he was drafted to ECW.

CenaMark54

I'd love to see Matt Hardy hold heavyweight gold one day. But, as people have stated, he's probably not enough of a 'big man' in Vinces eyes. Its a shame because he's a great worker.

I think we will only see Matt Hardy wearing heavyweight gold if he was drafted to ECW.

Thats not much of an accomplishment. The current champion went from jobbign on Raw for 6 months to ECW champion in one week.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I could see him getting a Benoit style run after a few more years. Basically its just more or less a life time achievement award and the title would be secondary in the storylines just liek Benoit did to HBK/HHH at the time.

MikeRaw

Guys,stop saying about Vince.Vince is moving towards other guys now liek Punk,Hardy,Rey not all big guys.And you can tell they are working him up to win it with his feud with MVP.Also they are giving him mic/promo time and letting him have kick ass matches.You may not see it but hes getting a push.I say withing a year to a year and a half he will.You just have to wat for Khali/Batista to miove aside...

Hitman

Reaction score
Me personally I don't see Matt Hardy or Jeff Hardy holding the WWE Championship because they didn't really show that they deserve a Title shot. they're Mid-Card wrestlers to me