Will Cody vs Goldust Happen?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Captain Charisma

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
christian2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Regarding a feud between Goldust and Cody Rhodes, there’s no word yet if it will continue after the Royal Rumble moment they had. Vince McMahon had always been down on a Cody vs. Goldust match until the Royal Rumble.

Please make it happen, allow it Vince! I don't know why he doesn't let this feud happen. It will attract some fans for sure and can make a little impact to Wrestlemania sales. Also I would like to see this not only because of two brothers feud, because Goldust should have one good final feud in WWE with respect to his work in WWE. I think this will happen at this years Wrestlemania as both brothers kinda face offed at Rumble and Tem Rhodes Scholars split up.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Word is, there is no word on the proposed feud. Wonderful article.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I think WWE missed the boat on this one. If it were to happen, it should have happened I. Late 2011 or early 2012 when Cody was Intercontinental Champion. Something like during his feud with Booker T, Goldust gets involved and it stems into their own program. I think now, they need to start positioning Cody for a good run. I've been wishy washy on him being a World Champion, but I think 2013 is going to be a very pivotal year in his career and a feud with his brother doesn't do much in my eyes at this juncture.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
I think WWE missed the boat on this one. If it were to happen, it should have happened I. Late 2011 or early 2012 when Cody was Intercontinental Champion. Something like during his feud with Booker T, Goldust gets involved and it stems into their own program. I think now, they need to start positioning Cody for a good run. I've been wishy washy on him being a World Champion, but I think 2013 is going to be a very pivotal year in his career and a feud with his brother doesn't do much in my eyes at this juncture.

THe only thing it could do, and this is speculation on my part, is help Cody transition to face (I'm speculating that a face turn could be in the works) THey could have a little two month feud where Goldie wants to teach his little brother some respect and to have him embrace the fans... The feud could culminate at WM with a good hard match with Cody winning and then helping his brother up... It's an old tired angle but is proven to work in getting guys over with the crowd... and that mustache needs a good face run..

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Turn Cody face and turn Goldust back to his 2002 Bizarre One gimmick.

Captain Charisma

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
christian2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Turn Cody face and turn Goldust back to his 2002 Bizarre One gimmick.

Bizarre One may not fit into PG. I don't care that actually but Vince cares. If you ask me I would keep Goldust face. A last feud in WWE, should be always as a hero in my opinion. Make no mistake, Cody should be the better man in that feud if it's going to happen.

Reaction score
Please,make it happen . I was looking for it last Road to WM season. Last year,Show completes Grand Slam. It's Goldust's WrestleMania moment time. Match with his brother ( and please bring Dusty Rhodes to announce table. He's commentary hilarous. ) , it's his time.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Bizarre One may not fit into PG. I don't care that actually but Vince cares. If you ask me I would keep Goldust face. A last feud in WWE, should be always as a hero in my opinion. Make no mistake, Cody should be the better man in that feud if it's going to happen.

His 2002 era Bizarre One run was sorta PG. This was before his memorable face turn with Booker T in their skits vs the NWO, and then the tag team championship they held. His early 2002 run wasn't full of sexual innuendos and crude posturing. It was Goldust cutting promos with a maniacal, intense, stalker type of edge. Bring back

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Wouldn't be shocked if Vince just doesn't trust in the ability to long term book around Dustin based on his past incidents outside the company.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I think I remember a report saying the same thing last year. If its on, we'll know.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
The problem with the proposed feud is... people sort of have to give a damn about the wrestlers before it can happen. Of all the "brother vs. brother" feuds we've seen, this would undoubtedly be the lowest tier of all of them.

I'm a big fan of their father, but Cody has never been remotely interesting and Goldust hasn't been relevant in over a decade. If WWE was just desperate to fill a slot on the EC or Mania bills, then maybe I could see it happening but I seriously doubt they'll have that problem.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I think it could be a good under card filler. It gives Cody something to do, and I'll always be a Goldust fan. I don't see a problem with it honestly.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Eventually this will happen and I am surprised that it hasn't happened before. It has been talked about for a couple of years but they never went through with it. I agree that the best time to have done it was when Cody was Intercontinental champion and he was challenging former winners, that is what led to him facing Booker T.

I guess that there really isn't anything for Cody to do at WM so this would be a good way to sneak him onto the under card. I wouldn't mind seeing Goldust back for one last match at WM.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I do think this would be a year or two too late and also agree with WAL than Goldust is no longer relivent enough to make that much difference to Cody.

The best option to get Rhodes over is in the partneship with Sandow as part of the improving tag ranks.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I do think this would be a year or two too late and also agree with WAL than Goldust is no longer relivent enough to make that much difference to Cody.

The best option to get Rhodes over is in the partneship with Sandow as part of the improving tag ranks.
Yeah I mean, it could have worked as a decent undercard filler match when Cody was getting his run with the IC belt. Maybe instead of dropping it to Big Show at Mania (which was incredibly pointless considering they turned Show heel immediately afterwards) he could have defended it against Goldust. The Cody/Show feud was decent, don't get me wrong, but in hindsight it didn't help either of those wrestlers with the directions they were headed a few months later.