Will CM Punk finally be put over at Summerslam???

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Austin_316

Reaction score
Yeah to me Punk is a paper champ and has been pushed too far too quickly with this title reign. He seems to lack what it takes to have a big match with a main eventer such as JBL so i feel JBL should win the title at SummerSlam even though i dont like him.

DanDaMan

Reaction score
I think the title matches for summerslam our terrible to be honest. I think a triple threat match with Jericho, JBL and Punk would have been better. You know HBK announcing his return and have him take out Jericho in the title match to set up Unforgiven and then Have punk beat JBL in a clean pin. That way the winner of the Cena/Batista match or if there is one goes on to unforgiven to face punk the loser of the Batista/Cena fight faces off against JBL. That is how I would have done it.

Reaction score
Ok Punk needs a clean win.thats most obvious but thes reasons why are simple. Firstly if he gets a clean win then the "casual" wrestling fan will be able to say, wow look at this champion. Secondly JBL doesnt deserve, sorry to say but he is upper mid-card at most so what does that say for RAW. and Thirdly should CM Punk win. I think everyone will take him more seriosly. I wont because i am huge fan of his heck i still watch his ROH stuff on Youtube and Dailymotion.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I really can't take JBL seriously anymore, I think he's too old, and too out of shape to be taken as a serious Main Event threat. I'm hoping Punk will win, and make it look serious. I think a feud with Jericho will help Punk a little, but maybe a feud with someone from another brand could do more than Y2J or JBL.

PW's KJ

Reaction score
They built to this since he won the title. There was little doubt Punk was going to quiet the nay-sayer (JBL) one on one.