Will CM Punk finally be put over at Summerslam???

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seX-Power

That is what I'm asking.

He now has a chance to finally score a clean, CONVINCING win and that is at Summerslam against JBL. IMO, it is very likely that Punk will win cleanly and finally add some credibility to his title run. Then after a win establishes him, he can move up to heels such as Jericho and Orton, and if/when he wins, he won't look like a lucky b*tch and take away anyone's momentum. Until now, I have seen Punk as what JBL said, a paper champion, and I think a win at Summerslam gives more opportunities for him and others, as well as bringing some sense of momentum to Punk.

J

Mark my words. If JBL wins I quit watching WWE until JBL loses the title again. I mean it. You can all hold me to it to.

Reaction score
WWHHH has a history of putting a title on a smaller, superior wrestler like Jericho or Benoit only to see them have 4 month reign and never see it again. Don't be upset or surprised if that happens to a great one like Punk.

CenaMark54

Beating JBL is not enough to get Punk to the next level.

He needs a clean win against HHH, Cena, Batista, HBK, or Orton.

However, i'm not sure the WWE is willing to do that yet.

xtremebadass

Punk cannot be put over at Summerslam, he beat JBL before, JBL can't put most over. If he wants to be put over, he better have his sights set on HBK, Orton, Cena, and Batista, not so much Y2J anymore, I have no idea where the hell he is going.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
I just hope they don't shoot Orton back into the world title scene to squash Punk. I would rather have Orton feud with Cena or something for the next couple of months, just keep him away from the title for as long as possible!

Montana

Beating JBL is not enough to get Punk to the next level.

He needs a clean win against HHH, Cena, Batista, HBK, or Orton.

However, i'm not sure the WWE is willing to do that yet.

Exactly what i was going to say. I think you can add Chris Jericho's name to that list at this point in time too.

xtremebadass

I wanted to say Chris Jericho, but I don't know what direction he is going in. He changed his entire look, and "the look" is like 30% of your credibility as a superstar. He sort of looked like an amatuer wrestling on Raw last week in his new gear. However, I don't know if Punk is ready to face guys like John Cena and Orton.

Reaction score
I think he will win but only to lose or not get put over against JBL in a rematch or against Orton(of course his return match). Xba is right, where are they going with Jericho? That look wasnt jericho and was very amatuer-ish. I hope Jericho gets back to the old look some how. CM Punk will win and then not get put ovrr or lose agaisnt someone the following day.

CenaMark54

In all honesty, I see Orton coming back and immediately beating Punk for the belt, then move onto the winner of the Cena/Batista feud.

Moonlight Drive

I actually think we'll see the Orton/Batista stable at Summerslam, after Orton costs Cena.

But yeah, Punk will get put over HBK, if he keeps wrestling and beats Jericho, or Y2J at Unforgiven.

the fishy fish

Reaction score
for punk to get to the next level it will take him defeating either cena or batista or go heel. a feud with cena and punk would do great for punks life.

Airfixx

I see Punk beating JBL clean @ SSlam. (As dissapointed as WWE were reported to have been with the impact of his return, I don't think they'll hesitate to put Punk over him on PPV.)