WhyTwoEye Chris Jericho

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

What are your thoughts on his new character development? Not just about the eye attack, because that's not really what his character is about. But I mean "new character" by his new sort of bitter, grumpy character? We've seen him as a heel most of his career, and he iis better as a heel, IMO... But, his heelness always had the goofy, hilarous side to iut, where he was always more of a tweener at times. He was sort of liek The Rock. But now, he's back to a heel,, but it's with a viscious side, and a mean streak, and I want to know what you think... Also, I think it makes sense, for him to have the bitter gimmick, becuase it's true, that the fans will always cheer HBK... SSo wwe did a good job with his heel turn. So what do you think of his new heel character? Do you like him better as this bitter, grumpy heel, or the comedy heel?

R3ll1K

Reaction score
i much rather prefer the comedy heel...btw wat is a tweener

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
I do not like this at all. Chris Jericho was MADE because of his ability to mix in comedy. He was my favorite wrestler for that reason.

Bring back the WCW crybaby Jericho.

And a tweener is someone who is really a good guy or a bad guy. They're in the middle, and can interchangeably be booed or cheered.

Christian

Reaction score
I do not like this at all. Chris Jericho was MADE because of his ability to mix in comedy. He was my favorite wrestler for that reason.

And a tweener is someone who is really a good guy or a bad guy. They're in the middle, and can interchangeably be booed or cheered.

he meant NOT really a good guy or bad guy btw rellik.

but yeah idk about this, i DO like the heel turn, but I also like the comedy from Jericho. idk where this will go, a badass jericho with no remorse for anything could own hard. get him into the title picture and we'll see

btman

Reaction score
So far not looking good. Highlight Reel was usually my favorite part of Raw. But shit... If he does the Walls of Jericho like he did on Kofi everytime because now he's badass... Then I think it'll be worth it.

Travis40

BRING BACK RALPHUS!!!!!

I loved Jericho in WCW when he spoofed Goldberg's entrance...I wish they'd do that again :yes:

[YT]qJ1HXCd7NSo[/YT]

:rofl: at 3:09, they just kinda stop...and walk toward the camera....at 2:00 notice the guy who opens the door and pokes his head out looking at Jericho :laugh:...Jericho plays it off like he doesn't know that the guy's there :rofl: I laughed my ass off when Jericho opened the "locked" door...but the real question is...where the hell did Ralphus and the other Jericholic Ninja go?

WCW Booking Team = Bunch of Blue monkeys

Moonlight Drive

^^ROFL!

"What a great production team", wtf?

But yeah, I like this new Jericho. It's sort of like when Undertaker became the ABA, I still love the Deadman gimmick, but it's a breath of fresh air. I like the way Jericho is cutting his promos, and he just looks like a badass with his beard and suits lol

1chiban

Reaction score
The main positive that has come out of this heel turn is that he's bee able to recapture his awesome promo ability. His exchanges as a face with JBL should have been good, but they were poor. As a heel Y2J has literally produced some of the best promos I have heard in years.

Ballin

Reaction score
I like it. He's evolved, kinda like; How people grow up. J

Jericho has grown up and I like it!

Airfixx

Jericho has been Raw's MVP(*) in recent months.

His heel persona is great and his perfomances both in and out of the ring have been first rate!

(*Note: Not of the Vontavious Porter variety! LOL)

SnackZ

Reaction score
This is a great move by the E. I love it. BadAss no remorse Jericho brings something different to his character and sometimes characters need to evolve and grow. Everyone is tired od the deadman Taker gimmick, right??? Well Jericho is moving forward with his career by doing this and should really do well! I am ready for this! I personally think that Jericho will win the title come the Rumble and He will defend against a "regained his sight" HBK at Mania in Texas.

JohnBlaze1981

Reaction score
Jericho is smart for turning heel again. He knows his status as a wrestler, knows his place, and knows what he has to do to get ahead. Plus, his character is much more interesting as a heel and his comedy better, less childish. I can't see him beating the big guns of the WWE without cheating so he kind of must be a heel to be anything more than an intercontinental championship contender.

1chiban

Reaction score
Although it's WWE being smart - not technically Jericho's choice to go heel was it?

the dark knight

he's only trying to get heat and he got it obviously..all of you are hating him now lol. he knew if he was still doing comedy shit he'd get cheered....like the rock.

the-gaffer

Reaction score
People who are used to seeing his usual heel routine may not like this character he is playing however that is the whole point, Jericho could do the same thing he was doing 12 years ago and it would still work, however as a talented guy he wants to push himself and his ability and see how far he can take this new character, anyone can do something they learned to do with there eyes closed, whats a real challenge is if you can totally transform your entire repertoire and Chris has done this to perfection!

He now plays this dark twisted win at all costs and dont care about anyone character and its a nice change in my opinion!

We all know he can play the cool kid, he can play the cry baby, he can play the smooth guy, now we are seeing him play this dark character and he is excelling in it!

Despite what Jericho says, he does like to have fun though and when he is done with this character I fully expect him to go back to ripping on guys again because that is enjoyable and its natural to him!

His mic ability is simply fantastic

I want to see a proper 6-8 month run with the World Title, I like Punk as the champ but the next world champ in my opinion should be Jericho although not for a few months yet!