Why WWE Is Really Concerned About Daniel Bryan's Future

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Regarding why Daniel Bryan is in the WWE Intercontinental Title Ladder Match at WrestleMania 31 instead of the WWE World Heavyweight Title picture, it's not that WWE don't see him as a big part of the company or a top competitor, but one of the reasons is that there is still major concern over his health.

Bryan chose to undergo a unique form of rehabilitation for his injury last year and there is a strong fear within WWE that his injuries could become reoccurring issues due to the rehab he did. There's concern that the rehab Bryan chose is not a long-term permanent fix and just a short-term fix that could cause the problems to relapse.

It's likely that Bryan would be in a more prominent position at WrestleMania this year if WWE officials weren't worried that the elbow issues will come back.

Bryan's situation was compared by one source to Kurt Angle having several non-invasive surgeries on his neck years ago but over time Angle ended up having a lot of other issues stemming from the neck injury.

Source: http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...s-really-concerned-about-daniel-bryan-future/

• Haha
Reactions: Red Rain

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Yet, let's place him in a ladder match instead. Because nobody ever runs the risk of getting injured in one of those, right?

I think it'd be more accurate to say it gave WWE a convenient excuse not to put Bryan in the main event again. The fact is, they already knew from day one of The Shield's debut that Roman Reigns was the guy they wanted as the next top superstar, and it was decided on a year ago that his rise to prominence would arrive by beating Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania 31 for the championship. Literally nothing short of Reigns being injured and unable to compete come Mania time was gonna change that for them.

Reactions: edge4ever

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Yes even if there's some truth to this, which I highly doubt. It's bs. They want reigns because he fits the mold of what WWE wants in a champion, not what the fans necessarily want. If they were truly concerned about his neck, he wouldn't be in a ladder match, casket match, and headline numerous Raws and smack downs.

And I'm curious as to what treatments Bryan did or didn't do?... What did he just sit and meditate for his injuries to get better? With as much time as he took off..I would assume he tried the best routes and is good to go. He's looked fine and doesn't seem to be slowed down in any way.

This is just another attempt to find an excuse to not put DB as their top dog even though he clearly should be in one of those spots.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
This sounds made up. If they were really worried about his health, yeah, he wouldn't be in a ladder match. He's not in the main event because they don't want him to and didn't find anything else for him to do so they just put him on the IC match.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Nothing to add really I agree with Leo and edge that he wouldn't be in a ladder match if there were serious concerns over his health.

Reactions: edge4ever

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Seems like a dirtsheet lie.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
That's not safe enough. Daniel should be in a Hell in a Cell that's on fire with the championship three times as high and needing a ladder still on top of the cell. That's a class safety right there

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
This is them not wanting D-Bry to be at the top. Meh, move along. They just want their big Samoan to be on top after Superman.

Pratchett

The Artiste
Reaction score
Dubious about the legitimacy of this. Regardless, we wouldn't be having this discussion had they just left Bryan out of the Rumble, which they should have done anyway if they actually had concerns over his health.
That's not safe enough. Daniel should be in a Hell in a Cell that's on fire with the championship three times as high and needing a ladder still on top of the cell. That's a class safety right there
Unsafe or not, I would love to see this match happen!