Why WWE 2K22 Is Important For WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SreenathAG

Reaction score
Over a week ago WWE announced WWE 2k22 for both PlayStation and Xbox Consoles and I'll say this, as a guy who loves Pro wrestling games I am really worried about 2k22 and I have a few good reasons why, the first reason is because of the last two games, after the natural disaster that was 2k20 I feel like Visual Concepts don't have a clue on how to develop a wrestling game unlike Yuke's who developed a lot of WWE games until 2K19 which was their last WWE game and leaves 2K for the AEW game which is another reason why I'm worried about 2k22, my third and final reason even though it was only a small teaser on what the game will be like, the graphics still look like it's from a PlayStation 2 game and Cesaro model looks like he doesn't have any eyes. Hopefully by October or whenever 2K decides to release 2k22 there are issues filled out and the game will be a major step up from the last two games.

1500x500.jpeg

Nostradamus

White Rabbit
Reaction score
Website
www.ratswithwings.com
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
kofi
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
edge
I'm not going to champion the 2K games, or any wrestling game for that matter because most of the latest ones have ranged from straight ass to just playable, but I absolutely hate when people say something like "the graphics still look like it's from a PlayStation 2 game" because the fact of the matter is that it absolutely DOES NOT look like a PS2 game. This is the lowest form of criticism to give the game. Is it up to par with other games similar to it in this generation of games? No, but it definitely does not look like PS2 graphics from any standpoint.

SVR 2011 (the last WWE game on PS2)
SVR2007-TripleH-2-9956-720.jpg

Looks nothing like WWE 2K20 on the PS4
maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: Crash

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Over a week ago WWE announced WWE 2k22 for both PlayStation and Xbox Consoles and I'll say this, as a guy who loves Pro wrestling games I am really worried about 2k22 and I have a few good reasons why, the first reason is because of the last two games, after the natural disaster that was 2k20 I feel like Visual Concepts don't have a clue on how to develop a wrestling game unlike Yuke's who developed a lot of WWE games until 2K19 which was their last WWE game and leaves 2K for the AEW game which is another reason why I'm worried about 2k22, my third and final reason even though it was only a small teaser on what the game will be like, the graphics still look like it's from a PlayStation 2 game and Cesaro model looks like he doesn't have any eyes. Hopefully by October or whenever 2K decides to release 2k22 there are issues filled out and the game will be a major step up from the last two games.

View attachment 17119
I agree they mad the last 2 games horribly. It was completely lackluster with 2k20.

And they practically gave us wwe all star in place of a 2k21. So I hope this game lives up to his height.

Cam!

Wowza
Reaction score
There's so much potential for creating an amazing game with these next gen consoles like the PS5 and Xbox Series X. It will be interesting to see what WWE and 2K delivers here. I'm sure the PS4/Xbox One versions will be a bust no matter what. So far I've seen developers typically have all of their attention on the next gen consoles. You could see that when 2K released NBA 2K21.

Nostradamus

White Rabbit
Reaction score
Website
www.ratswithwings.com
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
kofi
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
edge
There's so much potential for creating an amazing game with these next gen consoles like the PS5 and Xbox Series X. It will be interesting to see what WWE and 2K delivers here. I'm sure the PS4/Xbox One versions will be a bust no matter what. So far I've seen developers typically have all of their attention on the next gen consoles. You could see that when 2K released NBA 2K21.
I feel heavily in the favor of this one being developed for XB1/PS4 but with next (current) gen "in mind".