WrestleMania Why WrestleMania 33 Isn't For Hardcore Fans

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score

This is a good watch for anyone who misses the old days of WrestleMania. He basically states that the 4 month period prior to Mania draws in seasonal fans who are just looking for something different to watch and that is why they do some questionable things to every day fans. They are doing it so they can appeal to the seasonal fan base to get them to come back to watching next year. It sounds stupid but so many people will complain about Raw week in and out and still continue to watch where these people... They might get bored and just stop watching at any point in those 4 months and Vince don't want that.

[HASHTAG]#NotMyFish[/HASHTAG]

[HASHTAG]#PutPandaOver[/HASHTAG]

34rxd.png

That about sums it up!

:sadpanda:

Reactions: Grievous 3D

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
The scary part is that it's not changing anytime soon. Well as long as Vinnie Mac is in charge anyway. :psycho:

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
The scary part is that it's not changing anytime soon. Well as long as Vinnie Mac is in charge anyway. :psycho:

I get marketing to people who are seasonal for the sake of raking in numbers BUT why would you piss off your true fan base for it!?

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
I get marketing to people who are seasonal for the sake of raking in numbers BUT why would you piss off your true fan base for it!?
Because the true fans will hate him for it, but wont stop watching. He has no issues with being hated, the only number that matters to him is viewership which as far as the hardcore fans are concerned, wont change.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I mean, you can balance the casual and the hardcore fans.

Instead of having Goldberg and Brock fight for the Universal Championship, make it a match lower on the card?

Keep the belt on KO and have him and Jericho fight.

Keep Triple H vs Seth (as Seth seems to be healed...I hope)

Have Undertaker vs someone over...

It ain't that hard.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Because the true fans will hate him for it, but wont stop watching. He has no issues with being hated, the only number that matters to him is viewership which as far as the hardcore fans are concerned, wont change.

Vince sucks. lol

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
It's too bad we don't have a WWE alternative to watch instead. Yeah there's TNA, but that makes WWE look like wrestling gods, yeah there's Lucha Underground, but it's just slightly too far-fetched for a lot of people, yeah there's NJPW, but there's the whole language barrier thing, sure there's ROH, but it's not really doing anything special right now, and sure there WCPW, but.... But just no

I feel like we'll never get another WWE vs other company again, but with stuff like this, I feel like it would be a nice ripe time to steal a good portion of the WWE fanbase

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
It's too bad we don't have a WWE alternative to watch instead. Yeah there's TNA, but that makes WWE look like wrestling gods, yeah there's Lucha Underground, but it's just slightly too far-fetched for a lot of people, yeah there's NJPW, but there's the whole language barrier thing, sure there's ROH, but it's not really doing anything special right now, and sure there WCPW, but.... But just no

I feel like we'll never get another WWE vs other company again, but with stuff like this, I feel like it would be a nice ripe time to steal a good portion of the WWE fanbase

The only way that something like that could happen is if someone with a butt ton of money can build off of people WWE either releases or rejects....
OR... If someone with a lot of money can get talent and snag the one person who WWE fans want back right now (CM Puke).

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Yeah, but that panda going over the fish is technically good booking but just boring. The fish had to be carried by that panda.

Eva Maryse

The Artiste
Reaction score
I mean honestly they'd be stupid for marketing things just for the hardcore fan. Thats not a very big fanbase at all, its smarter business to go after the more casual fans who their are a lot more of.

And ultimately its not like WWE aren't targeting the hardcore fans either, in the past twelve months Owens, Rollins, Balor, Ambrose and Styles have all been World Champions, and its not like ratings went up for any of them or the general product was any better.

All that said though, WM 33 looks set to be terrible. There's only one match I really care about on the whole card and thats just because a manager is getting back in the ring where she'll lose to someone who is about to retire.

Last edited:

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
WWE knows what they are doing. It's alot easier for them to market Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar than a bunch of nobodys. More people buy tickets, ppvs, network subscriptions, merch, and watch wwe on tv or youtube which attracts sponsors.

Eva Maryse

The Artiste
Reaction score
WWE knows what they are doing. It's alot easier for them to market Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar than a bunch of nobodys. More people buy tickets, ppvs, network subscriptions, merch, and watch wwe on tv or youtube which attracts sponsors.

This is the truth wether we like it or not. You could book Cesaro v Rollins v Owens v Zayn v Nakamura as the Main Event of Mania, but thats not getting the casuals interested.