Why won't people connect with Sheamus?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Sheamus just doesn't 'click' with most people. It's hard to explain in words but you can try to come up with reasons for why people like or dislike anyone but it's kind of an intangible thing... Why do some people get popular, why do some people suddenly get more popular at a random part of their career, why some people burn out faster than others, etc. There's no clear measuring or defining or quantifying it. It's like trying to ask yourself why you prefer one genre of music over another or why you prefer anything over another.

"I like Austin better than Hogan because Austin is a badass and Hogan is like a cartoon character."

"Why do you prefer a badass over a cartoon character?"

"Because I just do. It's more entertaining to me."

"But why?"

"It just is."

"Why?"

"Just is..."

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Some people probably still resent him for what happen at Mania. Do not underestimate the power of the GOAT. :jeritroll:

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
People can't connect with Sheamus because people don't feel Sheamus. The guy came in as this violent guy when he arrived in ECW and now he's just some smiling happy guy all of a sudden, and it's not like there was a subtle transition either. I can't connect with Sheamus because he's just to fake for me. I just feel that the character Sheamus is doing has no real attachment, like if he were playing a role. Now I know there are people who play roles like Sandow, but he does his bit very well, it's believable. With Sheamus, everything he does just feels the exact opposite of that.

Aside from that all that damn winning :upset:

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Things that can make Sheamus a bit better.
- Stop telling these Irish stories, no one cares and understands
- Better insults
- Stop being so gay

Last solution - Heel

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
They don't play to his strengths, he's got his niche as a pissed off guy who likes to fight (I'd bring back the celtic warrior mythology from IWW personally..) If he gets cheers point him at a heel, if he's booed point him at a face. He's no Cena,Punk, Hogan or Rock who gets over on his mic work he's another Orton who needs to be carved out of stone.