Why Watch TNA?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

Reaction score
This isn't meant to be a negative thread, but as of late it seems no one really wants to watch TNA anymore. Just feels like a lot of people have given up on TNA after the failed Monday Night attempt, Hogan/Flair, and the ECW invasion.

So with Bound for Glory right around the corner, What is the best thing going in TNA currently. Why do fans need to turn into TNA at the moment?

imported_Adam

Reaction score
I'd never stop watching TNA. It excites me more than WWE. WWE seemed like it would be good on "Raw Roulette" and then completely blew it out of Vinnie's ass. TNA blows things every once in a while but its never as bad as this past monday. To those people who say TNA sucks and don't watch it, don't watch it yourself and stop bitching nerds. Half the people on here who complain about TNA watch it.

I tune in every week (one of many reasons) to watch some of the under rated good matches they put on, especially recent tag matches.

Montana

Reaction score
I regularly tune into TNA, but i've missed about the past month to be honest. THe ECW invasion was pretty lame to me, and basically i haven't been home to watch. I also notice not as much links for Impact are being put on the web.

Just looking at whats been going on lately...nothing has really caught my interest to where i'm like i gotta see this! Especally bad with Bound for GLory right around the corner.

I was just looking for your opinion, on what's the best thing going on right now in TNA. At times i would agree Impact could be better than raw. Kinda after the Hogan/Abyss thing wore off, not much seems to be going on. (except the title tournament, which still isn't complete)

imported_Adam

Reaction score
^ECW invasion was pretty lame, but most of those guys have been killed off by now.

Luke and Maritato are done.
Sandman was fired for no-showing.
Alot of people left after the PPV.
RVD's "Injured"
The Dudleyz don't have contracts atm.

Finally someone else who sees the good in watch Impact, don't matter how they have Mr. "Im gay as hell and ruin storylines for the fans" Vince Russo, its still entertaining to watch. Find someone like GME in WWE and then find WWE's MCMG to put them against. Find a raging monster like Abyss in WWE.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
The best thing going in TNA right now to me is Fortune. They have finally worked out most of the bugs (still some faults) but over all they are doing great. They are sick of the old guys being on the show taking up the young guys spot and they are putting a stop to it. I thought it would just be them going after Fortune, but they attacked Nash, Jarrett, Sting and Hogan while they were in the middle of a promo. Sure they should actually be the faces in this, but it's way more entertaining with them being heels.

Another thing that's good is the TNA World title scene. The tournament came down to Angle, Hardy, The Pope, and Anderson. Angle/Hardy went to a draw and Anderson beat Pope. I would think it would be a 3 way, but watching Impact right now and it's going to be Angle vs Hardy again to see who faces Anderson at Bound For Glory. I'm mad that Pope got eliminated, but again while I'm watching Impact Pope is pissed off backstage so I don't think we've seen the last of him.

The Beautiful People (original) are back together so that's cool. That was actually entertaining getting too as well and good story telling. They brought in Maddison and she was nothing but a jobber. They kicked out Love, brought in Von Eric (who's been MIA for about a month) and Reign has been going on an ego trip since she won the title. She was making Sky look like she was when she 1st joined. They got sick of it so SKy and Love are back together to take her out. Plus Reign brought back Tara and she's her new body guard.

The tag team is looking good too. The Guns are the champs and just got done a great feud with Beer Money Inc. The feud was rushed but still great. Now they are in a program with GenMe and it's about damn time. I've been waiting for this since their debut match. And GenMe look to be heels after their ppv match.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head but those are some of the things that keep me watching at the moment.

pumpt73

Reaction score
Why watch TNA??? Simple, why not watch TNA???? First and foremost, Im a child of the 80's. That truly was a fantastic time to be a wrestling fan, as cable TV boomed, and you had wrestling just about whenever you wanted it. I was a WWF kid then, but it didn't stop me from tuning into every promotion that I possibly could when I could find it. I like variety, and TNA gives that to you. They aren't on a day when WWE programming is on, which makes it nice. You don't have to choose one show over another. What I still think is funny is fans piss and moan about how bad TNA is, but WWE surely ain't any better, in many aspects.

TNA has a lot going for it right now. As it's been mentioned, Fortune is good, though I disagree with a few of the members of it. To me, TNA has a much quicker pace of match, they have a better tag team division and a better women's division. The other thing I love about the TNA women is they're not just eyecandy. You have girls like Velvet and Angelina who are sexy, but can also carry a match. Something I can't say for a lot of Diva's. Im not saying TNA is better than anyone, but as a wrestling fan, it's nice to get a break from WWE programming.

KroniK 4-2-0

Reaction score
I watch ti cuz I think, for me the last three years or so, when Jarrett was the Champion ruling TNA, feuding with Sting, it has been better than WWE since then. And I love that it gets guys i like, that WWE didn't use correctly, or just never liked WWE. Pope, Kennedy, Nash, Sting, MCMG, Roode, Storm, Angle, Lethal, Joe, and so on. I wish Booker T stayed though and had a run with the Title, but oh well. I like when Hogan came too but kinda dry now i wanna see him wrestle a real match. Plus I'm a huge fan of Foley so him there is awesome. Fortune is cool, i dont like AJ or Kazarian as members but, its cool, for now. ECW shit was ehh, Abyss character is cool, RVD there is great. I like the Jarrett-Joe/Nash Sting storyline, I jus wish Hall and X-Pac stayed longer and was with Nash and Sting, i know Hall got in trouble, but at least X-Pac. Thats why i like TNA.....oh, and their divas show more skin, a lot more. :)

chessarmy

Reaction score
Pretty easy to answer this one:

1. Awesome roster, Joe, AJ, Kurt, Pope, Guns, Beer Money, Kazarian, Douglas Williams, Sting, Hardy, Red, Abyss, Desmond, and that's not even half of it.

2. Pretty good wrestling on PPV, usually one/two good matches on iMPACT! per week.

3. Velvet Sky

Airfixx

Reaction score
^^^"Awesome" roster yet only "pretty good" wrestling on PPV.... Hmmmm, something isn't quite adding up there, Chess'! lol

Seeing as they're just a few weeks from BFG, it's pretty sad to say I can't really find anything in particular to cite...

Predicted 3-way tournament final?
(Meh! ...The Angle retirement story is kinda fucked and in the ring I just don't buy Kennedy as a ME-er.)
BP v Madison/Tara?
(After the Madison/Velvet lameness at the last PPV... No thanks! They need more/new knockouts big time!)
Gen Me vs MCMG?
(Seen enough already.)
Joe/Jarret vs Nash/Sting?
(Does anyone actually know or care what they've all been wittering on about each week for what feels like months now?)
...And there's no-one of any particular interest there for Fortune to clash with.
(Guessing we'll just see a couple of hastily booked title matches for Williams & AJ.)

Sure they'll prob have a couple of decent matches, but angle-wise they got nada.

Axis

Reaction score
Even their wrestling is lacking at this point. Look at some of the WWE's road agents: Dean Malenko, Ricky Steamboat, Jamie Noble, Fit Finlay, Gerald Briscoe, and Arn fucking Anderson. These guys know how to create emotion in a match, and they help string together matches for the guys that go out and perform. Who does TNA have? Al Snow, D'Lo Brown, and Simon Diamond. D'Lo Brown can kinda sell. That's about all they've got going for them. So when Amazing Red vs Doug Williams or Rob Terry vs Orlando Jordan happens, they have nobody of merit helping them along the way. TNA is full of moves and no emotion or story-telling.

My response to this question used to be, "I watch it because it's wrestling, and I like wrestling," but at this point I can't even say that. It's just so offensively bad that I can't sit back and watch it and not cringe and be forced to change the channel.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
The best thing going in TNA right now to me is Fortune. They have finally worked out most of the bugs (still some faults) but over all they are doing great. They are sick of the old guys being on the show taking up the young guys spot and they are putting a stop to it. I thought it would just be them going after Fortune, but they attacked Nash, Jarrett, Sting and Hogan while they were in the middle of a promo. Sure they should actually be the faces in this, but it's way more entertaining with them being heels.

Another thing that's good is the TNA World title scene. The tournament came down to Angle, Hardy, The Pope, and Anderson. Angle/Hardy went to a draw and Anderson beat Pope. I would think it would be a 3 way, but watching Impact right now and it's going to be Angle vs Hardy again to see who faces Anderson at Bound For Glory. I'm mad that Pope got eliminated, but again while I'm watching Impact Pope is pissed off backstage so I don't think we've seen the last of him.

The Beautiful People (original) are back together so that's cool. That was actually entertaining getting too as well and good story telling. They brought in Maddison and she was nothing but a jobber. They kicked out Love, brought in Von Eric (who's been MIA for about a month) and Reign has been going on an ego trip since she won the title. She was making Sky look like she was when she 1st joined. They got sick of it so SKy and Love are back together to take her out. Plus Reign brought back Tara and she's her new body guard.

The tag team is looking good too. The Guns are the champs and just got done a great feud with Beer Money Inc. The feud was rushed but still great. Now they are in a program with GenMe and it's about damn time. I've been waiting for this since their debut match. And GenMe look to be heels after their ppv match.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head but those are some of the things that keep me watching at the moment.

Lacey had a broken cheek bone in kayfabe

@Kronik, i know X-Pac was removed for some reason and the reason they gave was him being left in a pool of his own blood by 3D back stage.

Also, another reason i watch, if you compare talent on the rosters, TNA really has better talent and more talent. Alot of guys in TNA would never be given a chance to shine in WWE and everybody would think they had no talent.

Reaction score
I gave it a shot last night before It's Always Sunny's season premiere and I saw that Tommy Dreamer/Fortune promo. It felt like 95% of TNA's offerings, forced and cheap. TNA will never appeal to me, I've tried and tried, the matches, while they are fun, don't have any meaning to them because of how terrible the booking is and the audience is atrocious, so TNA's "great" matches are too few and far between. They name drop too much and try to base their identity on the fact that they recycle WWE, WCW AND ECW refuse. I had this long tirade typed out, but decided against it. TNA will be the same circle that it has always been until Dixie stops marking for Russo and drops him.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
^Theres not alot of talent out there who are experienced enough to fight on TV for TNA and not fuck up who haven't been with WCW/ECW/WWE/F but TNA has picked up a few.

Amazing Red
James Storm
Eric Young
Velvet Sky
The MCMG
Generation Me
Jay Lethal
Rob Terry
Jesse Neal
Kiyoshi
Magnus
Doug Williams
Taylor Wilde
Sarita
Chelsea
Hamada
Madison Rayne

(Everyone else tryed out with, was under contract with, or wrestled on Jakked/Metal/Some other programming for WWE/WCW/ECW) (Even Joe wrestled for WWF on Jakked and Metal a few times.)

So for all the people saying "TNA only uses recycled talent" their wrong, plenty of these people have accomplished things in TNA and aren't former WCW/ECW/WWF/E talent.

Montana

Reaction score
Can someone fill me in on who exactly is in fortune. WHen time i saw it was AJ, Desmond, and Beer Money. I saw Impact and Now Matt Morgan is in the group??? I'm assuming Desmond is out, due to london brawling. What happened there? Is Beer Money still in?