Why was Punk unhappy in 2009/10?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

I'll See Ya Kia

Beautiful Palm Trees.
Reaction score
I guess I only remember the good parts. He won the world championship twice and MITB. He made Undertaker tap out (even though he really sorta didn't). I see what Crayo means, but just didn't see the negative points I, suppose. I tried following his during this time, which is why I'm familiar with it.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Mr Cobalt said:
A big part of his ego is the fact that everybody on the internet is in love with him. You can only have so many people say you're the best so many times before you start believing it's true. I think he wanted to be on top of WWE, and he wasn't in the exact position he wants to be in at first. Patience works out in the long run, and all the work through stuff he may not have been super happy doing led to a great title run.

Extremely good point. One needs to be very grounded and keep both feet off of the ground to not let having large parts of the internet calling you the best go to your head. And judging by that Daniel Bryan must have roots like a redwood. :dawg:

Y2J Enigma

The Artiste
Reaction score
KiaSport said:
I've always known deep down Punk was unhappy this past year or so and I believe some of you sensed the same. However, in his famous speech he gave he mentioned how unhappy he'd been the year and a half prior.

I'm slightly confused by this (even though I realize Punk himself is a bit melancholy anyways) because he really shined to me in those SES days. I liked this version of him but he seemed to disagree. Does anybody have any insight to this?

Edit: I realize SES didn't go superbly, but is that a reason to be so gloomy?

Maybe he believed he wasn't being pushed enough. He probably knew he could be WWE Champion, but they didn't give him a chance at that in those years where he was unhappy.

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
Didn't you watch his shoot? :jericho: