Why Was Miz WWE Champion For 6 Months?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MsShield

Jobber
Reaction score
I have never had a problem with the miz. I've liked him since day one to be honest. I miss the day Miz days!

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I have to be frank, it was a nice change of pace seeing someone like Miz get up in the Main event scene like that for awhile.
Granted there are several other wrestlers who deserve that kind of shot as well it was pretty interesting seeing them hold some faith in Miz for that long.

Reactions: Wacokid27

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
I have to be frank, it was a nice change of pace seeing someone like Miz get up in the Main event scene like that for awhile.
Granted there are several other wrestlers who deserve that kind of shot as well it was pretty interesting seeing them hold some faith in Miz for that long.

This response captures the spirit of the answer to the OP.

You make guys like Miz, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, etc., WWE Champion to see how the audience responds to them and how they respond to being "given the ball". Sometimes, it becomes a match made in Heaven. Sometimes, you see that they're not really capable of being the top guy or they don't draw enough or get enough heat or sell enough merchandise to be a "top guy". We throw around the phrase "throwing crap against the wall and seeing what sticks", but that's exactly what you have to do in pro wrestling. They decided to throw some against a wall by handing a guy like Stone Cold Steve Austin the ball and he scored with it...several times. The same could be said about the Rock, HHH, or John Cena.

What we sometimes (or often, in many cases) forget is that just because a guy has a good "work rate" or is "a great indy guy" or whatever does not mean that WWE management trusts him enough to put him in the key spot.

But, they need to do this on a regular basis, more regularly than they do in my not-so-humble opinion. They need to give the belt to Daniel Bryan for a few months and see what happens (if rumors are true, this is the post-Mania plan, but we'll see). Put the WWE Championship on Reigns or Sandow or Cesaro or Cody Rhodes for a couple of months just to see. It's especially a good idea to do this now while they've got proven main event studs like Cena, Orton, Punk, Lesnar, Batista, and Sheamus around, because, chances are, their careers are closer to the end than the beginning. And, when they're gone, you're going to need the next generation of guys to "grab the brass ring".

wk

Reactions: ShaRpY HaRdY
Reaction score
I always thought it would be Punk (new-nexus) vs Cena on that year's mania... coz I thought the new-nexus was the best heel at that time, they had New nexus vs Randy Orton feud instead.