Why there is a new Latino star in WWE and potential heat

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Two parter here.
Alberto Del Rio won the World Heavyweight Title from Big Show this week because they want to shoot Del Rio up as the new Latin babyface Superstar since Rey Mysterio isn't around and Sin Cara has been categorized as a disappointment. Cara was actually ready to work this week and was not used.
The idea is that they will push Del Rio harder than Mysterio and Cara with the hopes of making a genuine Mexican draw out of him. This was actually the original idea when WWE signed Del Rio a few years ago.

The Last Man Standing stipulation was added to the match on SmackDown so Del Rio could survive tons of punishment before coming back to win the title.

There is talk that Del Rio's title win was originally planned for Monday's RAW but he wasn't there due to personal reasons so they moved it to Tuesday at the SmackDown tapings.

Read more

And.

With WWE making the switch to Alberto Del Rio as their top Latin babyface, there is talk that they have given up on Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara in that role. The planned match between Rey and Cara for WrestleMania 29 may be off.

Not sure on the source on this. But I can understand the switch, Del Rio is better as a face than as a heel and is less injury prone than both Rey and Cara. He also speaks English well.

Read more

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Why ADR won the title...

Makes sense, but I still feel Ziggler will win it before his reign really gains steam. Also Sin Cara a disappointment :lol1:

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Jonathan said:
Both sources are F4W btw.

Which explains the moronic guesses of "there might be heat on Cara and Rey". Should have known.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
On the subject of a new Latino star, I thought this was kind of funny:

WWE Creative Humor ?@WWECreative_ish
For those of you who think we put the title on Del Rio in Miami to pander to Hispanics...good call. Collect your gold star, racist. #Kayfabe

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net
He's got all the credentials to become a big Latino star aswell as make WWE money, so why not?

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Very good idea, ADR is indeed better than Rey and Cara in that aspect, let's hope he draws in some latino viewers. Also want to see how his gimmick will end up during his reign.

Lady Deathbane

thanks for the unban, lmao
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Erm... I guess so...

I almost always watch RAW and Smackdown at my friend's house and my friend's latino and so is my boyfriend. They mark harder for Mysterio way more then ADR, even with his new face turn. In fact, some of my friend's family, such as his dad and uncle, come in and watch Mysterio and Cara fight.

But I guess ADR will just have to be given time to grow on people as the new latino idol on WWE.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Rey and Cara are easier to associate with latinos indeed, due to masks and all-out high flying style. But ADR is in better condition than Rey, can work the american style better than Cara, speaks English, and is less injury-prone than them, WWE's got to work on him indeed.