Why Marella and Cesaro are feuding

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
By request of @[Rainman] I will explain why I think they are having Cesaro and Marella feud.

We recently got some reports that they don't think Cesaro had the impact he would have. There is a pretty simple solution to this. How do you get a new heel over? Put him against a popular face!

Marella is insanely popular with the kids and is thus very over. Having Cesaro feud with him and talking to them in a language they don't understand is a sure fire way of getting heat from the kids. Getting Cesaro over as a bad guy to the little kids. We saw some clear proof of this at this weeks Smackdown.

What do you think? Does this make sense?

Discuss

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
I haven't seen this week's Smackdown yet, but I can understand the logic in what you're proposing is the idea behind the whole feud. It does kind of make sense.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Pretty fantastic idea, and he's a good guy to get that US Belt off Santino, which I guess will resonate with casuals (doubt it)

Still, I think Sandow/Santino was the definite money feud here, but Sandow's able to stay relevant in the feud with Brodus, while Santino's able to give the rub to Cesaro. 2 for the price of 1.

They really have a nice find in Santino, it's almost impossible for that guy not to be over. His powerwalk alone will keep the fans happy to see him, so he can be jobbed out a million times and still be over.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Hollywood Dolph'sZiggler said:
I wish this would happen

No reason why it shouldn't. If you want to do the dumb Cobra on no-talent jobbers every now and then, whatever. But whenever Santino faces a wrestler who's actually worth something, he should be jobbed out every time.

He's over because he seems like a likable guy, he does the trombone taunt, the saluting headbutt, the little Cobra sock, the powerwalk, mispronounces everything in comical fashion... He doesn't have to do any of these while winning matches. As long as he'll be able to do these things, he'll be over with the casuals and can job to every freaking heel out there and the casuals will hate them for it. Just like Stopspot said.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
He's been jobbing for a while now.. ADR basically buried him with two straight 20 second squash matches

Somebody should have told WWE it would have been a wise move to get the US Title off of him before jobbing him out though

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
Makes sense :obama: its so easy to get the kiddies to hate a guy

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Seems like a plausible reason. Not really sure what impact they expected Cesaro to make the way they booked him though, first in backstage segments then his first matches... and then he disappeared for a while after Ace was fired for no apparent reason.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Cesaro needs to be more aggressive to me. Keep ambushing, but use weapons too. Make them lengthy attacks, throw him against the barriers more, throw him to the steel steps, and take him to the front of the stage and attack him. Take his cobra sock and burn it, if he does these things he'll get so much heat, the Human Torch wouldn't want to touch him.

Lacky

Champion
Reaction score
Farooq The GOAT of WWEForums said:
Cesaro needs to be more aggressive to me. Keep ambushing, but use weapons too. Make them lengthy attacks, throw him against the barriers more, throw him to the steel steps, and take him to the front of the stage and attack him. Take his cobra sock and burn it, if he does these things he'll get so much heat, the Human Torch wouldn't want to touch him.

I agree with you Farooq.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
BrockLesnarFanForLife said:
I have no idea thats WWE booking for you

Did you read the OP? In it I pointed out the most likely reason they are having them feud. Jesus. :facepalm1:

MegaBotch

Jobber
Reaction score
It makes perfect sense. WWE wants to push Cesaro as a top midcard heel and since Santino is the only midcard face with a title, Cesaro would have to go after him. Santino isn't the only popular face Cesaro's gone after as he's attacked Christian and Ryder. But he's feuding with Santino because he holds the title. Once Cesaro is done with Santino, I'd expect he'll go back to Christian and Ryder.