Why is Sasha Banks the one portrayed as turning her back on Bayley these last couple of months ?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

jminter2698

The Artiste
Reaction score
Shouldn't that be the other way around ? Sasha Banks eliminated Bayley at the Women's Royal Rumble last January and then attacked her again at the Elimination Chamber pay per view in the Women's Elimination Chamber match, but why is she the one being portrayed as the villain when she was just following the rules of the match that are the same for the men's matches ? It's every woman for herself, there are no friends in those matches at all. It doesn't make sense for Bayley to just all of a sudden leave Sasha by herself, both of them were against each other regardless of whether they're friends or not. Bayley shouldn't be taking that personally, that makes her the bad girl in this, not Sasha.

Last edited:

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Normally I would answer your question with my thoughts & opinions...
But...
This entire Sasha vs. Bayley who is turning heel situation it pointless.

Both of these women have been booked horribly in the last 12 months
mainly because the WWE has done everything they can to make Alexa
Bliss look "good" & frankly I'm over caring.

Bayley's career was destroyed in her feud with Alexa & not using a kendo
stick in a kendo stick match basically made her look like a blueberry.

No! I'm never letting that go! They absolutely killed Bayley with that.

She was openly booed when she was injured before Summerslam
& was recently pinned by Lana in the Mixed Match Challenge.

HER CAREER IS DEAD! And I doubt the WWE will ever push her seriously
ever again because she doesn't have a famous father or isn't a pretty blonde
with big tits & a nice ass (Although Bayley is very attractive in her own way in
my opinion)

Sasha on the other hand has basically had the same treatment except she's
been allowed to NEARLY win important & landmark matches...but always
falls short.

Both women where basically "fed" to Alexa Bliss & their careers have not
recovered...and they may never recover.

Factor in both have recently been defeated by Asuka & have had their teeth
kicked in by Absolution nearly every second week for the last couple of months...

And why should I care? Why should anyone care?

I can't get invested in FUCKING LOSERS!

Sasha vs. Bayley again...this time to decide who biggest loser in the RAW
women's division really is...& looking at the booking for her entire main roster
career...Bayley will most likely go over in a short match after hitting her stupid
fucking finisher as Sasha is defeated in another big match while we have to
watch the train wreck that will be Polly Pocket vs. The Crying Samoan Botch
Machine.

Sasha & Bayley put on 2 of the most amazing women's matches in the
history of professional wrestling...and frankly their booking & treatment in
the last year has been fucking awful.

I would not be surprised if Bayley is eventually released from the WWE when
her contract expires & I'm not sure how much more booking bullshit Sasha
Banks is willing to put up with.

I would not be surprised if she asks for a release this year & was "sent home"
to wait out her contract like Neville. (Another talented worker who was treated
like shit while a horrible worker who could talk was pushed over them)

Frankly...both women should look elsewhere to further their careers...because
while Charlotte, Alexa, Asuka & (eventually) Ronda are active in the WWE...
they have NO FUCKING CHANCE.

Speaking of Ronda...what's the bet the WWE will expect Sasha to make her look
good as well.

Fuck...

FUCK!!!

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Sasha should have never been a face and maybe they are realizing it?
Also, they screwed over Bayley. No one even cares about her anymore.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
This Sasha-Bayley storyline is paper thin. No real meat to sink your teeth in (apart from their booties obviously). I think both of them act like children and need to grow up. there's a reason why two less talented in ring wrestlers (Alexa and Nia) have a spot at Mania, and they don't. They have paper thin underdeveloped unlikeable characters. This feud feels like a story for My Little Pony Adventures, not a wrestling show. ffs

I would say, give both of them a microphone to say what they really think about each other. But then again who wants to hear what they have to say? You may think that Alexa and Nia don't deserve a Wrestlemania spot but its a way better feud then these two dimwits.

What made both of these characters good in NXT? Cuz right now they mean nothing to me.

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
Sasha is a terrible babyface.. There's just something about her that's very unlikable.. People want to hate her.. That's why everyone wants her heel, it just suits her best... Both are good performers, but Bayley is slightly a better wrestler, both characters are stale at this point.. Until something is changed with both of them, i have no time for either of them or this angle.

MildlyUpsetGerbil

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Sasha was just playing by THE RULES!!!!!
They're supposed to be best friends that look out for one another. Even in matches like the chamber and rumble, they can still do that by teaming up and fighting only whenever they're the final two. This is a much greater strategy than throwing out an ally unnecessarily. Eliminating Bayley whenever's there's seven other women in the ring doesn't benefit Sasha; neither did attacking Bayley in the chamber when the two were double teaming Bliss. Why on God's green earth wouldn't you eliminate Alexa first? If she was smart, she'd continue teaming up with Bayley, let her pin Alexa, then kick her ass. At the very least she'd hold a championship to prove it was worth it; what did Sasha accomplish by eliminating Bayley in those two matches?

My headcanon says that the two agreed not to eliminate one another until the end. I can't remember if this was actually mentioned on TV or not, but it'd make Sasha eliminating Bayley more black and white if it's the case.

pinned by Lana in the Mixed Match Challenge.
My left thumb is more relevant to WWE than the Mixed Match Challenge.

I can't get invested in FUCKING LOSERS!
Ever heard of a fellow by the name of Daniel Bryan? Losers can remain interesting if handled correctly.

I would not be surprised if Bayley is eventually released from the WWE when
her contract expires
Won't happen. They'll keep her around as lower tier performer while importing bigger indy names to take over the division.

What made both of these characters good in NXT? Cuz right now they mean nothing to me.
Better writing and matches. Sasha was far less sloppy during her NXT days and her work as a heel then far outweighs anything she's done as a babyface. Bayley's NXT work displayed more character than on the main roster, and it's that character that allows people to look past her lackluster mic skills. Look up the video packages for Bayley vs. Sasha and watch their Brooklyn and Iron Woman matches if you wanna see what the two look like when creative plays its cards right.

Trash Boat

Jobber
Reaction score
Because WWE realises that Sasha is better as a heel.

Trash Boat

Jobber
Reaction score
Besides, I think the best way for this to turn out, even though Sasha is an obvious heel, but I see the logical ending of this feud being Bayley turning heel to be like a spoilt, whiney brat. That's just how I would like this to end based on how the story has been presented, due to Sasha following the rules of the matches and whatnot.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
My left thumb is more relevant to WWE than the Mixed Match Challenge.
Possibly...but it still happened...

Ever heard of a fellow by the name of Daniel Bryan? Losers can remain interesting if handled correctly.
Yes...if handled correctly...but the truth is that the
WWE can't even handle their "Top Guy" right
so what chance do Sasha & Bayley really have?

Won't happen. They'll keep her around as lower tier performer while importing bigger indy names to take over the division.
Well...they can't make her resign...so perhaps
she will just walk away. I wouldn't blame her
if she did.

Better writing and matches. Sasha was far less sloppy during her NXT days and her work as a heel then far outweighs anything she's done as a babyface. Bayley's NXT work displayed more character than on the main roster, and it's that character that allows people to look past her lackluster mic skills. Look up the video packages for Bayley vs. Sasha and watch their Brooklyn and Iron Woman matches if you wanna see what the two look like when creative plays its cards right.
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

Reactions: MildlyUpsetGerbil

MildlyUpsetGerbil

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
...so perhaps
[Bayley] will just walk away.
I doubt it. WWE's where the money is and it's where she dreamed of being. She got to successfully defend the championship at 'Mania, and I'm sure that she dreams of getting to have a moment like that again enough to keep her in the company.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I doubt it. WWE's where the money is and it's where she dreamed of being. She got to successfully defend the championship at 'Mania, and I'm sure that she dreams of getting to have a moment like that again enough to keep her in the company.
I guess that's a fair call...

I mean if Natalya was willing to stick around for so long with
all the terrible booking & creative choices they handed her...
I guess Bayley could as well.

They say patience is a virtue...& I barely have any of it...but
perhaps most of the WWE performers do possess a lot of
that virtue.

Its just amazing to me that they dropped the ball so badly
with Bayley. Just about everything she has done since
arriving on the main roster has been wrong.

Almost as if someone behind the scenes has been deliberately
trying to sabotage her career.

Last edited:
Reactions: RedDwarfTechy

Giggityfish80

The Showoff
Reaction score
That's the problem with NXT what works in front of 200 uni students in a small space isn't going to be a sure thing it'll work on the main roster. Emma's dancing gimmick was a hit it gets to the main roster and the fans are like "Who the fuck is this idiot"

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
That's the problem with NXT what works in front of 200 uni students in a small space isn't going to be a sure thing it'll work on the main roster. Emma's dancing gimmick was a hit it gets to the main roster and the fans are like "Who the fuck is this idiot"
They need to learn to build these women while still being in NXT if they are to stand a chance on the main roster. I don't want to see someone like Ember Moon come up and tank.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
This is the problem with NXT. A bag of gravel could get over infront of those smarks. Put that bag of gravel on the main roster, then watch it fail.

• Haha
Reactions: Solid Snake