Why Going After Bob Knight isnt exactly a bad thing...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

phantomgerald

Ummmmm, tell me what Kevin Nash did from about Sept 06-June 07. Prolly something like that. I mean, thats what I would imagine it be like. IDK, just something to "help out" a wrestler. Pretty stupid, but it would no doubt get them exposure b/c it would hit most of the sports news.

Hmm, Nash was signed by TNA to be a television personality, that's his role for so many years. Knight is given the position as head coach, I don't think it's the same. If he's just going to be a face on television I don't think he'll accept the job. I would expect him to work on them in training or something.

addo

Reaction score
People know about TNA but just dont wanna watch it because it comes up with crap. This is just another stupid thing TNA are doing, if they gave the x-division the treatment that pacman got then the ratings would go up or if they used the money that they used and are gonna use on pacman and knight, they could improve there fucking product but untill then the ratings wont go up.

Kaedon

Reaction score
that didn't prove anything about bobby knight. he hasn't come to the company yet . how can you say they're not doing it right, when you have no idea how he'll be used or brought in.

before you bash every plan TNA comes up with you should wait it out and see how they develop the story.

my prediction is he'll be used as a personal trainer type figure for the make belive muscle Petey Williams.

I was actually referring to TNA's previous attempts to bring in celebs.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
People know about TNA
Gotta disagree. Nobody I know personally knew about TNA. Not exaggerating, NOBODY, including the WWE fans. I've got dozens of people on my msn (I don't even know who most of them are, lol) and only three of them knew about TNA. I personally only learned of TNA from an episode of House, where House was sprawled on the sofa watching TNA instead of doing doctor stuff.

I can say with confidence that TNA is currently only being watched by maybe a quarter of the people who would watch it if they knew it existed. And WWE knows that, that's why they go out of their way to never ever mention it on air, ever. TNA seriously needs to advertise, and not with these zany "Let's bring in some strip club football guy" schemes that bring in maybe 10 new viewers.

Rell

Reaction score
I concur!!!

Internet fans may know about TNA, but the general public doesnt. My nextdoor neighbor has three son's, they love WWE, They have the toys, the shirts, everything. Once they were out in the yard playing with the wrestling figures, I asked "You guys watch TNA?" there was a long silence. I was like "You know, the wrestling show, TNA iMPACT?" and to my non-surprise, none of them knew what TNA was. I then started talking about WWE and they were game, but when I mentioned Kurt Angle, they told me he retired :laugh:

Retired? hmm...interesting

The A-man

Reaction score
Bob Knight is that much of a deal to me, but if TNA plans on making ANY progress in terms of higher ratings and good pubicity than they'd better know damn well and how to use the guy effectively. All the controversies and troubles he's caused don't mean a thing if the writers/bookers/whoever can't have to fans connect with him.

They fucked this up Pacman Jones as a good example. Hell, as to why TNA ever still signed the guy with the NFL's "no contact clause" is stupid all in itself.