Why doesn't The Rock say roody poo, jabroni or any of his old catchphrases in his promos anymore ?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

jminter2698

The Artiste
Reaction score
The Rock used to say that a lot back in the late 90s, he still says the "candy ass" part of it obviously but what happened to "roody poo ?" He doesn't say "Check you into the Smackdown Hotel" (or sing the song) and doesn't even call people jabronies anymore. He says it only when he says the "Jabroni beating pie eating" thing but not the way he did it in The Attitude Era when he called everybody a jabroni (including the backstage interviewers).

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
WWE is a family show or at least marketed as one and Rock wants an Oscar not a WWE Hall of Fame ring:rock4:

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
Actually no he stopped saying roody poo and jabroni way before the PG Era.
Maybe because he went heel in 2003? I know around 2004-05 Triple H convinced McMahon to not resign Rock. Because he thought Rock wouldn't succeed as a movie star :pity2::shovel::rock2:

jminter2698

The Artiste
Reaction score
Maybe because he went heel in 2003? I know around 2004-05 Triple H convinced McMahon to not resign Rock. Because he thought Rock wouldn't succeed as a movie star :pity2::shovel::rock2:
No he already stopped saying roody poo by 2003. He hadn't said it since 2001.

Village Idiot

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
He was what 31ish in 2003 he had been doing it since he was what 24years old he was probably just growing up Not many 31yr old men say those things do they. Now he is 46 he Realy Wont be saying them again... :rock: now :rock4:

Last edited:

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
He was what 31ish in 2003 he had been doing it since he was what 24years old he was probably just growing up Not many 31yr old men say those things do they. Now he is 46 he Realy Wont be saying them again... :rock: now :rock4:
I'm sorry but if a 50 year old bald, grey bearded Shawn Michaels is still the sexy boy then you can do anything in wrestling

Reactions: jminter2698

jminter2698

The Artiste
Reaction score
I'm sorry but if a 50 year old bald, grey bearded Shawn Michaels is still the sexy boy then you can do anything in wrestling
You can say the same thing about Hulk Hogan who is 12 years older than Shawn Michaels in his 60s and still wearing his red and yellow bandana with the red and yellow shirt and still flexing his muscles and ripping his shirt and still coming out to "Real American" like it's still 1985.

jminter2698

The Artiste
Reaction score
He didn't start saying "roody poo candy ass" until 1998 I think it was. He was 26 back then, when he was 24 that was when he was Rocky Maivia (he wasn't The Rock until late 97).

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
You can say the same thing about Hulk Hogan who is 12 years older than Shawn Michaels in his 60s and still wearing his red and yellow bandana with the red and yellow shirt and still flexing his muscles and ripping his shirt and still coming out to "Real American" like it's still 1985.
I remember when Cena said he was too old to be the Dr. Of Thuganomics and I was like really baby?:kobe2:

Reactions: jminter2698