Why does

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Rated R CMStar

There really isn't a best era. Some people liked best the Attitude Era because of some little things and they hate the new era for little things. In general, there isnt much difference between the eras, just some little things different amongst them.

What I do hate is people acting like bitter fans watching old Attitude era videos and going "look, that's when wrestling was good" and trying to give stupid reasons like "Cena doesn't get the same pop as The Rock did" or things like that. (no, not in here it hasn't happen, but I have seen it in other places).

If you ask me, I enjoy both the same. I do find it funny that people whine and cry that Cena is pushed down our throats and can't wrestle, when Stone Cold was in EVERY segment on Raw, and then on SD, without wrestling on that show or *gasp*, not being a perfectly gifted wrestler.

Also, I prefer giving the main eventers more segments instead of giving mic time to someone like Val Venis to cut lousy promos or the "Ministry of Jobbers" interfere in bad matches.

the dark knight

One of the biggest differences I find bertween now and then is during the attitude era everybody had a feud or storyline going on. Random meaningless matches were less frequent and if somehow you weren't a fan of the big names your favourite wrestler was still likely doing something you could follow.

Now it seems that unless you're a top star you're just in random matches until they release them for not catching on with the crowd. Which is the companies own fault.

The wrestling was no better. Short matches etc, but again, at least the five minute match meant something as opposed to being filler between the next John Cena match/promo.
exactly. add to that, its useless EVEN if you're a top star. just look at triple h.

live sex celebrations
hey that wasn't bad, we took a little look at lita's tits.

Congratulations. You picked three things that were terrible. I can do that for any wrestling era too.
i was gonna say that, cunt.

You didn't make a point, you made an opinion.
But you were trying to point out all kind of bad things in the attitude era, even going as far as to compile a list, and then you completely missed to add anything abou tthe current era. I responded with a more than appropriate list of bad stuff thats happened after the attitude era.

Fact:
Both eras had bad moments

Opinion:
One was better than the other

It just depends on which "good" parts of each era you liked better.
I prefer the good from the Attitude era, and so do most people, but you can't tell them definitively that this era is better than that era, and they should stop saying that era was so great. It just depends on what you like, and you asked, in your first post, why people think it was so great back then, so in my first post, I gave you three good reasons.
another fact: ratings

and dont bring up the money, cuz its fucking natural to get more money (and fans) with time going by.

and dont tell me "well every other television show is suffering"....bullshit. ratings have been quite the same forever, it only went up during the attitude era.

but i could be wrong
Nah your just picking bones, this is a waste of time.
its usually a waste of time arguing with kaedon.

CT Styles

What's the best era then?

I want to know. No meaningless bullshit, no 'points', no opinions. Tell me straight up in one answer what period of time was the best?

You can't prove it because it's based on opinions. People like it, people don't. People like now, people don't.

Kaedon

Reaction score
You keep missing the POINT. I am NOT SAYING one era is better than another, I am SAYING that getting a boner over the Attitude Era and saying "dude the WWE needs to go back to that" and crap like that is bullshit because, as you said, every era has its ups and downs. I was pointing out the downs and you took that to mean I thought it was the worst ever. It wasnt, but it certainly wasnt the best either.

the dark knight

You keep missing the POINT. I am NOT SAYING one era is better than another, I am SAYING that getting a boner over the Attitude Era and saying "dude the WWE needs to go back to that" and crap like that is bullshit because, as you said, every era has its ups and downs. I was pointing out the downs and you took that to mean I thought it was the worst ever. It wasnt, but it certainly wasnt the best either.
........?

Beer

I think (I think) what K-Man is trying to stress is the question of why you love the Attitude Era so much, because in his opinion it was not that much better.

With that being said I have an opinion myself. Attitude Era is better, imo. Why? Because I used to watch wrestling religiously day in day out then. I knew the characters better and I certainly payed more attention to story lines.

IMO, you lot will think the better era is the one you watched more and remember from childhood. Today's WWE youngsters will see this as a better era, because they never watched the Attitude Era.

Finally, I agree with CT, why argue? It is all opinion. Zilch fact.

Evil Austin

As we are on the discussion of personal favorites started up by Beer. I thought I would mention mine; I loved the so called 'Wrestling' era which was between 2003 - late 2005 with Eddie's passing. I loved the Benoit / Angle, Evolution / JBL's long title reign in his cabinet.

Every era had it's ups and downs. Every era will be different from the next. Heck in a year and a half when the new wrestlers come from the mid card and up into the spotlight like Benjamin / MVP / Dibiase / Rhodes. And we have ourselves a totally new era; then we will be saying how this one was so great. Why? because it is in the past. It is something we won't have again, people like to complain it's human nature.

KenFan4life

Reaction score
I'mma just gonna state that the Main Eventers back then(attitude era) are way-way-WAAAAYYYYYY more over then the current ones(like CM Pussie)...

and the storylines were probably more entertaining....

but the quality of wrestling/wrestlers in the current generation; from top to bottom are probably way more talented then the roster of 98'-99'.

but if we're counting the years 2000 to 2001 as part of the attitude era, then I'd have to say that the Attitude era is more awesome then the...uhh?....the like...uhh?....this ...era?

oh-yeah....Wrestling was Way More Popular back then.

like everyone in my classroom would be talking about what happened on RAW lastnight, but nowadays it's basically just me and 3 other dudes....