Why does the the forum freeze and make me loose my posts?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Why, after I write a long post and try to post it the forum tells me I need to log in again and I lose a nice post in the process? It hasn't done this in awhile and now I've lost like 10 posts this week? Fairly frustrating.

PeepShow

I can't quite pinpoint it, but it seems like this stuff is happening more often after a certain someone came back after like a 2 year sabbatical or something.

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

there's gotta be an auto-logout after x number of minutes setting somewhere. I don't see why since it's a forum and part of being on a forum is sometimes posting long diatribes.

Qwake

You auto logout after 15mins, used to always happen to me and piss me off, now I just open two tabs and leave one of them on "viewing online" so it keeps me logged in until I get off, haven't lost a post since I began doing that tbh.

seX-Power

Never happens to me with the logging out thing. But I do lose posts when the forum freezes/crashes in general. Pisses me off tbh.

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
You auto logout after 15mins, used to always happen to me and piss me off, now I just open two tabs and leave one of them on "viewing online" so it keeps me logged in until I get off, haven't lost a post since I began doing that tbh.

Really? That is weird my account doesn't do that. And my test member account doesn't either.

MizMasta3000

I can't quite pinpoint it, but it seems like this stuff is happening more often after a certain someone came back after like a 2 year sabbatical or something.

no because I've been having this problem since i have been on here

noumenon

While viewing a thread or posting a reply you'll time out after X amount of minutes... I think if you're idle on the main part of the boards it'll leave you on.

This Guy

Why, after I write a long post and try to post it the forum tells me I need to log in again and I lose a nice post in the process? It hasn't done this in awhile and now I've lost like 10 posts this week? Fairly frustrating.

Really? That is weird my account doesn't do that. And my test member account doesn't either.

While viewing a thread or posting a reply you'll time out after X amount of minutes... I think if you're idle on the main part of the boards it'll leave you on.

This is a simalar problem I have had since day one. The timing out after x number of minutes, but I do think its longer then 15min. But its something that happens unfortunatly. The way to avoid being logged out and losing your post is to click the remember me box when you log in. The only down side to that is, although your post goes up, it still acts like you logged out and logged back in and any new posts you still had to read are not flagged as new anymore.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
This is a simalar problem I have had since day one. The timing out after x number of minutes, but I do think its longer then 15min. But its something that happens unfortunatly. The way to avoid being logged out and losing your post is to click the remember me box when you log in. The only down side to that is, although your post goes up, it still acts like you logged out and logged back in and any new posts you still had to read are not flagged as new anymore.

I'd rather that happen than to lose a post. I've used the "remember me" box since I started cause I would lose post. And if it does say you logged out and logged back in, alls you gota do is click the "Today's Post" link and it'll all pop back up.