Why do you like WWE?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
I want some positivity guys. I want the reasons for why you like watching WWE. There's been too much negativity surrounding wrestling and WWE these days so I wanted to know what makes you like the current product. For me it has to be the great current roster combined with the frequent returns of the legends. I for one enjoy it when Taker or HBK return cos it brings back that nostalgia, I know the match at Crown Jewel was meh but it was entertaining just to see them again. I also think the current roster is better than it has been for years, especially AJ, Seth, Daniel Bryan and Drew.

Reactions: Chaz-1

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
Positivity? Fuck that.. Nobody should be positive about this company.

The roster is wonderful, too bad they don't know how to book half the roster properly. WWE waste their career's away like trash.

Nostalgia would be great if the guys didn't wrestle like they're 100 years old. Undertaker moves like he has a broken back

How's that for positivity?

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Positivity? Fuck that.. Nobody should be positive about this company.

The roster is wonderful, too bad they don't know how to book half the roster properly. WWE waste their career's away like trash.

Nostalgia would be great if the guys didn't wrestle like they're 100 years old. Undertaker moves like he has a broken back

How's that for positivity?
Get a life. This guy made a thread and you are shitting on it. Have some curtiousy

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
They have never had a more stacked roster in terms of wrestling talent. I think maybe that is part of their issue with booking things right.
They obviously still keep interests. Plenty of people continue to watch week after week, even if they aren't entirely happy with the product.

I spend a lot of time on the negative end of the stick so I will leave it at that. lol

Ovaldinho

Reaction score
Bryan and Becky are a godsend to wrestling, they make the shows they're on worth watching

Crash

Reaction score
I want some positivity guys. I want the reasons for why you like watching WWE. There's been too much negativity surrounding wrestling and WWE these days so I wanted to know what makes you like the current product. For me it has to be the great current roster combined with the frequent returns of the legends. I for one enjoy it when Taker or HBK return cos it brings back that nostalgia, I know the match at Crown Jewel was meh but it was entertaining just to see them again. I also think the current roster is better than it has been for years, especially AJ, Seth, Daniel Bryan and Drew.

I'll start by saying welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy it here. Yes there is a lot of positive stuff in the WWE today more than people are willing to admit.

Reactions: Solidus1

Redboy123@

Reaction score
When wrestling is good it's fucking great. No denying that. Just wish they had more emphasis on storytelling

Reactions: Crash

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
My feelings are still attached to the previous era's which were great/amazing to me.
So it only makes sense to see if they're doing anything interesting. Unfortunately, they lack star power and good storytelling. I think they're trying to make it too much of a wrestling show at this point and not sports entertainment which takes away interest from me at least.

Chaz-1

Jobber
Reaction score
Been a fan of wrestling for 30 + years and the current roster is one of the strongest it has ever been!

I love amazing story telling followed by amazing in ring action. Many ideas are old ones that have got over previously so I love it when a performer does something original. I love Bryans character now because he feels very genuine!

I am excited with NXT and its development.......WWE spent many years ignoring talent from other organisations always believing they were the best. This attitude is changing and it is a very exciting times for a UK fan. We have WWEUK starting up alongside some major promotions.

There will always be things that fans feel WWE can do better, but once your hooked you will keep coming back!

Reaction score
My feelings are still attached to the previous era's which were great/amazing to me.
So it only makes sense to see if they're doing anything interesting. Unfortunately, they lack star power and good storytelling. I think they're trying to make it too much of a wrestling show at this point and not sports entertainment which takes away interest from me at least.

I think they have the star power, they have some guys that are huge stars like AJ. I think there are some storytelling problems but that could just be due to the length of the shows. I believe the new direction they are heading in will make the storylines more interesting, I am really optimistic for the future.

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
Mostly because its accessible. Used to be on free here , main events on VHS. now I use the network. WCW was on free TV, WWF was on satellite so I watched WCW.

If NJPW or AEW was on say Netflix I would definitely check it out.

Started in 88 watching 6 month old "Superstars of Wrestling". Watched the 1st or 2nd Royal Rumble/Survivor series back in the day my 1st Wrestlemania was IV.

I would have watched AWA or NWA had I lived in the USA at the right age/location.

<123>

Jobber
Reaction score
I like the variety; throughout the main roster there is some talent, albeit the WWE aren't utilizing them fully.
I personally prefer watching the NXT & NXT UK as I think the matchups are more interesting and suspenseful. If the WWE moved some of the NXT onto the main roster it would be great, however we still continue to watch.

ClancyFinn

Jobber
Reaction score
I, like most of you, have been a fan for most of my life. I've lived through and watched every "era" of WWF/E. The storylines and rivalries were always well done with the occasional stinkers and wtf were they thinking moments. How do you not love when youre watching and out of nowhere the Undertakers intro comes on and in comes the Deadman. As for the earlier rain on your parade poster. If you had wrestled since 1984 I guarantee you, you would move like your 100 also. Undertaker has done so much damage to his body for our entertainment. He's had both eye sockets crushed torn biceps, torn triceps, torn pecs both hips essentially replaced not to mention the 20 something orthopedic surgeries he's had. So maybe just maybe cut the legend a little slack on not being as mobile as he used to be. These guys put their health and lives to some extent on the line for all of us. The wife and I joke about wrestler ages and compare it to talking about how old a dog is in human years. He may be 53 in real time but in wrestler years he's somewhere around 75 - 80.

Having watched wrestling for as long as I have it's hard for them to come up with gimmicks that make me say didn't see that coming. They have but it's rare at this point. I enjoy when they get a storyline / rivalry going and everything works just right. The mic work is on point and then they really sell it in the ring like the good OLD days. I'll stop here cuz I keep wanting to voice my dislikes but this isn't the thread for that lol.