Why do we even bother to watch this crap?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Seriously, why? If it wasn't for the fact that I could fast forward most of it I would've given up watching that show the second that Big Show segment started. Just about everything that could possibly be wrong with it was.

For starters, we get Triple H delivering his usual boring-ass promo - managing to bury his opponent in the process - mercifully interupted by the best thing on the show at the moment in Paul Heyman. Delivers an outstanding promo, sadly he doesn't deserve more than 5 minutes according to the blueberries that book this shit.

They then decide that instead of having a back and forth mic battle between Punk and Bryan - no doubt building their fued in the process - that they will have a tag team match involving Santino and Rhodes? WHY!? Of course as per fucking usual the face team win the match.

Then they give us a 2 minute long divas match, once again why? Backstage conversations must go something like this.."Hmm.. should we entertain them with a good length match, with our actual talented divas? Should we have a bikini contest so they can all salvate over Layla's ass?" "No. Terrible suggestion. Lets have a meaningless 2 minute long match which is a waste of everyone's time and will not look bad on Linda's senate campaign." "Oh you're right, great plan."

Then.. we get possibly one of the worst and most akward segments I've ever seen on Raw. I felt as uncomfortable as I did watching the infamous Katie Vick segment and at least that was entertaining in it's own way. This shit was just excrutiating. We had Johnny telling Big Show to apoligize for twenty minutes or he gets fired. Big Show then starts to cry - this is stupid in so, so many ways.

Well if he gets fired it's not like he's gonna be struggling financially, we all know that they all get paid shitloads. He claims it's because he will miss 'performing' for the fans, well go to TNA then? Seriously this segment was so akward, so tedious and it was just insulting to our intelligence.

Then, we found out that Kane - who had just beaten the guy who has buried half the fricken roster at some point - is going to face Zack Ryder in the pre-show. :insert facepalm emotion:

Then of course the 6 man tag match in which Ziggler and Miz get buried again by Fatty Clay. That was fun.

Then we got to see about the only thing that has gone well which is the Smackdown WHC fued. Enjoyed that tonight.

Then the smile was wiped off my face as Cena and Laurinaitis managed to produce one of the most cringe-enducing segments I've ever witnessed. It was horrible in so many ways. It was just Cena constantly delivering horrible lines and Ace corpsing for twenty fucking minutes. Seriously the loser thing and the "Puck yourself" line was so childish. He built it up as if it was gonna be some hilarious line then all he gives us is rhyming slang? :insertsecondfacepalmemotion:

Then we find out that it's just gonna be a 1-on-1 match between Cena and Ace. Jesus wept. If this shit is the main event for Over the Limit then that is just embarrasing. Two fantastic peformers in Daniel Bryan and CM Punk have taken a back seat while we see a fued between a stale-ass superstar and a non-wrestler. Wow.

I'll put this in a way that John Cena and his childish humour may understand - this company is producing shows that are a load of Tom-Kite, and are treating us like complete DCI Gene Hunts, so the lot of you can go and 'Puck yourselves'.

Reactions: Testify

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
This is why I don't think RAW is the A show anymore. Smackdown might be treated like the B show but Smackdown most often then not have better build up then RAW unless it's for one of the big 4. I am also more entertained by Smackdown then I am RAW on a regular basis. But WWE's best shows are superstars and NXTand have been for a while now.

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Stopspot said:
This is why I don't think RAW is the A show anymore. Smackdown might be treated like the B show but Smackdown most often then not have better build up then RAW unless it's for one of the big 4. I am also more entertained by Smackdown then I am RAW on a regular basis. But WWE's best shows are superstars and NXTand have been for a while now.

Yep. That's because the people creating the shows put in more effort into producing a good product. WWE has just gotten complacent with Raw because all the big stars are on there.

Reactions: Testify

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
laylar4jc9.gif

Oh Layla, the things I would do

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
R'Albin, holy shit that sig is amazing!

Very, very nice rant there. This show was abysmal, and I've been asking the same thing you are.
Wasn't going to watch because there's no reason to believe it would be good, but Crayo convinced me to join in the discussion thread... Especially since Dolph's wasn't there, someone had to bitch for 2 hours in the thread. The discussion thread and talking about the show in threads like this are literally the only reasons to watch Raw, and Smackdown doesn't even have that. (Although, Crayo, SD has more hope than Raw at this point)

So much better to just watch NXT/Superstars/TNA and read what happened on Raw, and hope TNA can actually give them some competition in the future.

Those are my reasons, what are yours?

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Rainman said:
R'Albin, holy s*** that sig is amazing!

Very, very nice rant there. This show was abysmal, and I've been asking the same thing you are.
Wasn't going to watch because there's no reason to believe it would be good, but Crayo convinced me to join in the discussion thread... Especially since Dolph's wasn't there, someone had to bitch for 2 hours in the thread. The discussion thread and talking about the show in threads like this are literally the only reasons to watch Raw, and Smackdown doesn't even have that. (Although, Crayo, SD has more hope than Raw at this point)

So much better to just watch NXT/Superstars/TNA and read what happened on Raw, and hope TNA can actually give them some competition in the future.

Those are my reasons, what are yours?

I know, Layla is awesome <3

Mainly just because of superstars I mark for, Bryan, Punk and Jericho. Also because we got a really good couple of shows in Extreme Rules and Wrestlemania, and they sort of gave me hope for the coming months. But it turned out Dolph's was right in his thread after ER when he predicted a bleak few months.

As you know I'm currently watching my first episode of TNA, and I've also been casually watching bits of NXT/Superstars as they are much better than the "main" product at the minute.

Smackdown is improving a bit again, not enjoying Sheamus at all but the WHC fued has actually been pretty good.

Reactions: Dolph'sZiggler

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Nah, even with RAW fucksucking it can never be as bad as SD.

Smackdown in my personal opinion is better then RAW at the moment and is so consistently. Feuds always get build on Smackdown even if it's very little or stupid build. The matches are better and the characters minus big show more entertaining. Plus. Millions of dollars!

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
R'Albin said:
I know, Layla is awesome <3

Mainly just because of superstars I mark for, Bryan, Punk and Jericho. Also because we got a really good couple of shows in Extreme Rules and Wrestlemania, and they sort of gave me hope for the coming months. But it turned out Dolph's was right in his thread after ER when he predicted a bleak few months.

As you know I'm currently watching my first episode of TNA, and I've also been casually watching bits of NXT/Superstars as they are much better than the "main" product at the minute.

Smackdown is improving a bit again, not enjoying Sheamus at all but the WHC fued has actually been pretty good.

I forgot about that thread.

I would rather watch that Layla gif for 2 hours than watch Raw at this point.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
The show was pretty bad. The "build up" for Bryan vs Punk offends me, and knowing that Cena vs Ace will be a joke (which we found after a few minutes of childish insults) along with having to watch Big Show for that long and that horrendous chokeslam make me happy that I didn't lose some hours of sleep last night watching Raw live.

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:
I forgot about that thread.

I would rather watch that Layla gif for 2 hours than watch Raw at this point.

I've spent more time watching that Gif today than I did watching that Monday Night Raw.

#datass

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
These guys are still doing their best to entertain us. They sacrifice their bodies for it. So hating WWE is going a little too far.