Why do people think wrestling fans are Cena fans?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

RATED-RKOFRANKLIN

Reaction score
Everywhere I go people think I am a John Cena fan. When I tell someone that I watch the WWE then they automatically think I'm a Cena fan. What's up with that? I never wear his shirts. I only wear CM Punk shirts. Shouldn't this be a clue?

Does anyone else experience this?

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
No, usually I establish myself as a Rhodes or Farooq fan since /i start blabbing about both of them when people talk about wrestling towards me.

Lacky

Champion
Reaction score
I don't experience that no, John Cena is probably the only person they can associate with wrestling.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
It's a cultural thing. Just like people thought all wrestling fans were Hogan fans in the 80's and Rock or Stone Cold fans in the 90's. Cena is the most mainstream.

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
Maybe because cena is the face of the company? most well known current wrestler?

Arrow1

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Everyone I talk to always assumes I am a Randy Orton fan.... which I am a huge RKO fan, so that's cool.

Lacky

Champion
Reaction score
Mike Mizanin said:
Everyone I talk to always assumes I am a Randy Orton fan.... which I am a huge RKO fan, so that's cool.

At least we're not all been Hornswoggle fans, right? :haha:

Reactions: Farooq

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
As people have said he's the face of the company and the only wrestler that non fans are likely to have heard of. Other than The Rock and people like that, but they will know that the vast majority of stars from way back when are retired also.

The one I always get is people are shocked that Kane and Show are still wrestling after all these years.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Nah, most folks down here just relate wrestling to "fake fighting, circus crap" so they probably don't know who Cena is. Plus, I don't even try to understand what non-fans make out of wrestling, I don't give a crap, really.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
This seems perfectly natural. Cena has been the face of the company for over half a decade so of course they'll associate most all fans as probably being fans of Cena in some form or another.