Why do people say this!?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Something that's been getting on my nerves lately, I keep hearing people going on and on about people in sports or life in general when they're giving max effort and doing risky things, they describe it as going...

"Balls to the wall."

Now please, if you see someone thrusting themselves into a wall balls-first, teabagging a brick wall per-se, would your first thought be "Ooh, what a risk-taker, he's really trying". I'd be thinking how much of an idiot this guy was and how there's something wrong with them.

I hereby move to have this ridiculous phrase out of sports and life in general forever. Nobody should be inspired to ruin their testicles again.

Axis

Reaction score
I'd agree.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
It's actually an aviation term, has nothing to do with genitalia. It has to do with the throttle touching the panel during takeoff during the acceleration... the ball grip on the throttle touches the wall.

LMAO... research first...

Axis

Reaction score
I would like to retract my agreement. I now disagree with the OP.

Rell

Reaction score
the upcoming sequel to Kick Ass is called "Kick Ass 2: Balls to the Wall"

can you weigh in on this, HTK?

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Kick-Ass was a pretty good movie. Otherwise, I highly doubt anybody knows about the fighter pilot roots of "balls to the wall", and it's still a completely stupid thing to say as a broadcaster, because the average Joe ain't Googling what the origins of the term, and there's a million other terms that can be used that people won't associate with that. Movie titles, on the other hand, references like that are fine, especially since it's origins are pretty harmless and it's either clever on that level, or just action-y if he took the term at face value.

I'll give more thoughts if I actually see the movie, i'm honestly not a movie or TV show guy at all tbh, I watch too much sports to watch more than 1-2 of either a day.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
It just means going full speed... and there aren't many ways to achieve faster speed than in a plane... it's pretty widely known, tbh.

And I've NEVER had the visual of some guy smashing his testicles into a brick wall, lmfao!

Reaction score
Why do they say "You have a lead foot"... Ive never seen anyone with a lead foot, so why would anyone even say this...

Reaction score
It's actually an aviation term, has nothing to do with genitalia. It has to do with the throttle touching the panel during takeoff during the acceleration... the ball grip on the throttle touches the wall.

LMAO... research first...
or it could be just..
BallstotheWall.jpg