Why are millennials so depressed?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
They did the same thing with anxiety and panic attacks for years. They treated it like depression. A panic attack is essentially and over active adrenal gland and the adrenaline spiking a very natural response to the flight or flight mode. They try to suppress this and it doesn't cure it. By suppressing it it only makes you more prone to depression. The irony. I always opt for holistic doctors when I can. Went to one for years.

The most important thing, I think, is for people to make sure they research every medication that a doctor puts them on. That will let them know what the medications are approved to treat and let them know what the medications are doing to their mind and body. It's also a good idea to know if the psychiatrist has a contract with the pharmaceutical company. Now personally, I didn't object to the Seroquel at the time because I wasn't sure I just had OCD. I was SOOOO bad off that I was convinced it was schizophrenia. Silly me, but untreated schizophrenics don't assume they are schizophrenic. So I went ahead and took it, assuming it helped. It really didn't.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
The most important thing, I think, is for people to make sure they research every medication that a doctor puts them on. That will let them know what the medications are approved to treat and let them know what the medications are doing to their mind and body. It's also a good idea to know if the psychiatrist has a contract with the pharmaceutical company. Now personally, I didn't object to the Seroquel at the time because I wasn't sure I just had OCD. I was SOOOO bad off that I was convinced it was schizophrenia. Silly me, but untreated schizophrenics don't assume they are schizophrenic. So I went ahead and took it, assuming it helped. It really didn't.

I don't think people realize that pharmacists know WAY more about meds than doctors either. Anytime you are prescribed something it is a good idea to talk to a pharmacist before taking them as well.

I know a lot of people may disagree but I am a firm believer that most illnesses be it mental or physical are down to prolonged stress or vitamin deficiencies. If people understood that then doctors would see a lot less patients and earn a lot less money, so would big pharma. It is far easier to have someone buy pills for several weeks, to months, or for good than teach proper nutrition and vitamin deficiencies. Most docs don't even test for those these days, you have to actually ask.

Anytime I read something about health, vitamins, healing, ect I always tell people what I read/know and tell them not to take my word for it and to research it for themselves. It is far more enlightening and worthwhile when you seek out knowledge yourself.