Who's The overall better Wrestler HBK or Y2J?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Who's The Overall Better Wrestler HBK or Y2J?

• Shawn Michaels

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chris Jericho

• About The Same

• Total voters

Robert

Reaction score
I say HBK because he defys the odds and puts on matches that are spectacles and really intense.

noumenon

If we're going on wrestling ability alone, I'd say they're on par with each other. They're easily the two best in ring performers in the company today and any given day are both just as likely to steal the show with their matches.
On one hand I believe HBK has a little more overall natural compatibility with everyone he faces.
Though sometimes he tends to oversell and his regular matches tend to come down to his usual nip up, atomic drop, scoop slam, elbow drop, finisher reversal, SCM.
Jericho while not a compatible is the younger of the two and does tend to have a bit more energy and be a bit more flashy in the ring.

I love them both, and like I said...easly the two top in ring performers right now and are both great at what they do respectively.

kingovkings

Reaction score
HBK pips it for me. They are both great at what they do in the ring both can steal a show, Both good on the mic, Both have great chemistry and can work the fans. Why HBK pips it for me is Purely because a like him better and he has been around for like ever. He one of my all time favourite superstars. I really like Y2J too. But were HBK some times over sells, Y2J lets you see him going over the match with whoever he is up against and he does it quite a lot. Not a big issue i know but thats my Opinion, If i had to pick faults with the two of thats what i would pick. But they are both really good entertainers.

Dynamo

Reaction score
Y2J for me. All day!

Im not going to knock HBK in the ring, the guy is simply phenomenal. And to come nack from the injuries he's had. just.... WOW. But I hate him.

I like a wrestler to have morals and way of being. A respect for other wrestlers and an admiration for achievement. A history of dedication to training and paying your dues so to speak.

They are equally matchd in the ring imo. Jericho edges it in mat wrestling, where HBK shades it in the innovative high spots. Jericho shades it in the mic stakes for me so Id call a split decision if it wasn't for the whole morals/respect thing. But as I attribute that to this contest, Jericho by way of TKO!!!!!

pocket

Reaction score
Back when Shawn was in his 20's he was the best around.. sure Bret Hart was sound and technical but thats a different conversation...

What HBK could do in the ring back then was truely a joy to watch... I was in my teens and never appreciated his ability like I do now when I watch old DVDs or youtube clips.. He was that fucking good that despite him being a cock, taking drugs and also essentially being a small highflyer... He became the biggest star in the company and the first highflyer to hold the Heavyweight Title... he pathed the way for guys like Jericho or Rey to have a shot....

as Vince once said "he was so difficult to work with, but boy was he good"

Jericho is and has long been the glue that holds so many matches together form his early cruiserweight days in WCW. The thing that Jericho has done successfully is evolve his character comlpetely, from his look, attitude and move set..... he is after all the man of 1004 holds...

Apart from personal preference I simply don't think they can be seperated..

I always felt that Shawn never had enough time with the title... when he returned after 4 yrs out and won the 1st Chamber match I thought cool he's back in the title picture... yet he never was ... and he should've won at Mania 23 v Cena... for sure!

noumenon

Eh, you know if HBK wanted the belt they would have put it on him in a second.
Lets be honest...HBK is usually their fall back if their title feud at the moment blows. As he has been the past 2 years.

Klide

Yo this is hard. Id say Jericho but once u say michaels its michaels. You just watch his wrestling abilities. How old is he like in his early 40s or sumthing like like and yet he doing moonsaults left to right. Dont get me wrong i like Y2j just as much as Hbk but if going with michaels.

Beer Money Army

i am a huge Y2J fan, But HBK is better than Y2J. HBK has had some many classic matches such as Facing Razor at WM 10, Taker Bad Blood 97, Hart at WM 12, Angle at WM 22, The triple Threat at WM 20. but there is a very few amount of wrestlers around that a better Y2J at the moment.