Who's been hit by the PS3 calendar bug?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

str8edgepunk

Reaction score
So, I turned on white night chronicles this morning and the game said 'failed to load trophies'. I had no choice but quit the game because I couldn't go any further. I then noticed my dynamic theme was missing aswell as my white night chronicles trophies. I also noticed my calendar has been reset to 31/12/1999 and I can't sign into PSN. Sony better fix this because I just got WKC two days ago and I was really getting into it. So who else was hit by the 'calender' bug? Can you play your games? Did you lose trophies?

Nation

I heard about it but I haven't played my PS3 in a few days. I'll check later though.

Nation

Sony's official response

We hope to resolve this problem within the next 24 hours. In the meantime, if you have a model other than the new slim PS3, we advise that you do not use your PS3 system, as doing so may result in errors in some functionality, such as recording obtained trophies, and not being able to restore certain data.

Umm what?

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Sony's official response

We hope to resolve this problem within the next 24 hours. In the meantime, if you have a model other than the new slim PS3, we advise that you do not use your PS3 system, as doing so may result in errors in some functionality, such as recording obtained trophies, and not being able to restore certain data.
Umm what?

The fuck? How the hell are we supose to know something is wrong with it unless we use it. I'ma be pissed if my trophies and saved data is corrupted. When I noticed the date and that I couldn't get online, that's when I turned it off. Was trying to download HeavyRain.

Nation

Various developers and studios are claiming that their debug PS3 units are failing from suspected internal-clock-related hardware errors.

A multitude of debug consoles – crucial to the development of current PS3 projects – have been thrown into a rebooting cycle, due to an endlessly-looping error message.

The issue comes as a separate issue is affecting retail PS3 consoles, though both problems are thought to be related.

It is said that when certain PS3 retail consoles attempt to connect to the internet, the platform shows error messages and are unable to connect to the PlayStation Network.

Sony has already claimed it has narrowed down possible causes for the retail problem and is working on a solution.

Not good news.

Nation

I can't play my fucking games. Fucking nice. I'm not even able to play PS1 classics. PS1 classics don't have trophies. What the fuck.

LadyHotrod

I think you guys should go check it now.

Mine just started working for me.

Nation

Yep it's fixed now.

With the immense power of the Cell Broadband Engine the older units managed to fix themselves without any intervention from our engineers.

Damn the PS3 is one badass motherfucker.

This Guy

Most data is fine too. I had a special promo dynamic theme that stopped working over the weekend when this all started and I couldn't log on. When I went to themes is said currupt data. Most people would have deleted it. I didn't figuring it might be fine afterwords and sure enough it is. I never tried playing anything or anything else. So I'm sure my data is fine, though I haven't really checked that clearly yet.

Anyways, as for Sony basically saying "our system is so awesome it fixed itself" sounds like typical Sony. Basically as they were saying they don't know why it didn't work. I'm thinking its more likely they know exactly what it is, and that although it may truely be something that by just leaving would correct itself, but I'm betting this is something that can and will happen again because of a design flaw, but Sony doesn't want to end up spending major money to fix.

I could be wrong though

LadyHotrod

My biggest concern were my trophies. If I had to get them all over again, I would opt to blow up Sony HQ.

This Guy

as few trophies as I have, I would have been a little pissed off too.

Hometown Kid

This was obviously some sort of BS publicity stunt to get people to buy crappy slims.