Who Would Get The Biggest Pop?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
SCSA has popped up a few times over the years since he retired and not really gotten crazy pops...

I was quite shocked at the complete lack of reaction for him when he came out at Wrestlemania 23. I mean, he did get big pops for giving Donald Trump the stunner later on (as you'd expect), but I haven't heard a place that silent for Stone Cold (in a stadium much less) since mid-late 1996 when he was a heel. I think he'd get a huge reaction if he came back today just because it's been so long since he's been on WWE television (I think June of 2011 was the last time he was on Raw) but I wouldn't be shocked if he didn't get the biggest pop out of anyone (especially being that his heyday of 1998/1999 is long gone.)

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I was quite shocked at the complete lack of reaction for him when he came out at Wrestlemania 23. I mean, he did get big pops for giving Donald Trump the stunner later on (as you'd expect), but I haven't heard a place that silent for Stone Cold (in a stadium much less) since mid-late 1996 when he was a heel. I think he'd get a huge reaction if he came back today just because it's been so long since he's been on WWE television (I think June of 2011 was the last time he was on Raw) but I wouldn't be shocked if he didn't get the biggest pop out of anyone (especially being that his heyday of 1998/1999 is long gone.)
I feel like SCSA has been humanized a little bit, but Hogan still feels larger than life.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
It's not about "who" returns as much as "how". Bring someone we love back from out of the blue without us knowing or predicting it first. Like the random return of the Rock

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
It's not about "who" returns as much as "how". Bring someone we love back from out of the blue without us knowing or predicting it first. Like the random return of the Rock

so epic.

edit: Damn, I hadn't even seen your part about The Rock edited in when I tried posting this :obama:

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Although to be fair if they had told everyone Rock was coming the crowd reaction likely would have been just as crazy. Imagine the chants of "Rocky! Rocky!" before his theme hit if the crowd had known he was coming. Would have been just as nuts but in a different way.

The surprise factor was epic though. I was hoping for Rock, but not really expecting him.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I feel like SCSA has been humanized a little bit, but Hogan still feels larger than life.

Hence why Hulk Hogan is the GOAT. :hogan:

It was even reported that WWE wanted Hogan there for the announcement of the Network, but they were afraid that him being there would overshadow the whole thing (whereas they had no problem with Austin being there...)

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Hence why Hulk Hogan is the GOAT. :hogan:

It was even reported that WWE wanted Hogan there for the announcement of the Network, but they were afraid that him being there would overshadow the whole thing (whereas they had no problem with Austin being there...)
WWE should just man up and give us Hogan/Austin at WM 31. Idc if its a 3 minute match where 2 1/2 minutes are just Hogan flexing. get it done.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
WWE should just man up and give us Hogan/Austin at WM 31. Idc if its a 3 minute match where 2 1/2 minutes are just Hogan flexing. get it done.

Austin has said he wants to be at WM this year in some capacity, so it'd be dumb on their part if they didn't at least have a segment/confrontation between the two. I suggested in another thread how awesome it would be to get Hogan, Austin, Rock and even Cena all on-screen at the same time in some way (not out in the ring since that'd waste too much valuable time, but in a spontaneous backstage segment of some kind.) Of course The Rock won't be there, but three out of four will still do. Having all the main guys (barring Bruno since we're going more of the Wrestlemania-era here) who have defined Wrestlemania as well as the WWE all together at once for the first time would be spectacular to see.