Who will win the Lesnar-Mir II?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Who will win the Lesnar-Mir II

• Brock Lesnar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Frank Mir

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

xtremebadass

Now that Frank Mir has defeated Nogueira, he advances in the Heavyweight Tournament to find out the real UFC Heavyweight Champion. Who do you think will win the Lesnar-Mir II?

Travis40

I think Lesnar is going to win. Lesnar looked great in their first fight, but Lesnar made a rookie mistake, and I think he's gotten past that. Lesnar to win imo.

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
If Lesnar wins it will be the death of MMA in the embodiement of one fighter. Lesnar doesn't suck by all means, but he isn't ready to be Undisputed Champion just yet. I don't think he deserved the title shot against Couture, but they are pushing him out of the galaxy. I hate Mir, but I hope he wins it for the sport of MMA. He has more experience than Lesnar, but his floor technique is horrible. His boxing is good, and he can match Lesnar in terms of wrestling. I think he has the ability to make Lesnar tap out again. I wouldn't count Lesnar out though as he is a good fighter all around. I just hope Mir wins.

Conc3pt

Reaction score
I can't see how Mir could win this. Last time, he beat Lesnar because Lesnar made a dumb mistake that he's never going to let happen again. And if Mir tries to use his boxing like he did against Nogueria, he's going to get manhandled in the first round.

Switchy

Reaction score
Can someone tell me what's so bad about Mir? Like everyone hates him and I dunno why.

I think it could go either way myself. Both men are doing quite well for themselves and I don't think anyone in UFC currently would be able to defeat either man except for eachother which is what I think makes it such a great match. One thing is the factor Mir has about him blowing up after the second round and I don't think he would be able to stop Lesnar in the first 2 rounds so if Lesnar can keep himself out of harms way in those two rounds then he could quite well get the victory over Mir.

Of course when you are facing Mir, it is a lot harder than it sounds to last the first 2 rounds but it's far from impossible. As for how Mir could win he already has a win over Lesnar so he should know where some of his weak points are but now Lesnar knows he is up against Mir I'm sure he'll take a different approach to this match so at the end of the day anybody could win this if you ask me so I'm undecided.

SnackZ

Reaction score
He has more experience than Lesnar, but his floor technique is horrible.

Are you okay? Mir's floor technique is horrible? The dude is known for his submission/ground game and surprised everyone with his boxing technique. Really off base comment there buddy.

Anyways - I see Lesnar winning this one easily. He's stronger and faster and hopefully *crosses fingers* doesn't let Mir get a hold of any body part other than his fist. Lesnar is prime to be UFC champ. The only thing that would make this sweeter than just a knockout would be for Lesnar to actually submit Mir (Black Belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and who has never tapped).

Wrestling Station

Brock Lesnar has a 80% chance in winning this fight.
Mir was dominant in his last fight against Nog because he was facing a ground style fighter (Nog) everytime Nog was down, Mir backs up and lets the fight go back to standing.
With Lesnar, lesnar will start with his powerful punching and he will take Mir down and keep on punching him till the ref stops the fight.
Lesnar wont make the same mistake against Mir (first fight) he learned alot now.

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
Are you okay? Mir's floor technique is horrible? The dude is known for his submission/ground game and surprised everyone with his boxing technique. Really off base comment there buddy.

Alright, Mir's ground, and pound is good sorry. By ground technique I meant his submission maneuvers. If you say he has good submissions then you're obviously not talking about Frank Mir. He has very basic moves, and thats about it. Mir is to big imo to be snapping ankles.

xtremebadass

First off, Frank Mir has a fantastic ground game. Judging from his last fight you might have forgot since he had incredible stand up avoiding the ground. Mir's ground game is most likely around the same as Lesnar's since Lesnar doesn't take fights to the ground much. If you compare both fighters it will be interesting to see their game plans. Mir caught Lesnar on the ground in their first fight, that should be what Mir looks to do again instead of standing up with the monster that is Lesnar. If Mir didn't catch Lesnar, he would have lost that fight by TKO strikes and everyone would probably agree with me here. I think this fight is capable of going 3 maybe 4 rounds even if it doesn't get the quick finish in the first.

I still pick Lesnar, no disrespecting Mir though.

Millzy Pt. 2

Reaction score
I hate Lesnar with a passion so I'm rooting for Mir to whoop Lesnar's ass and embarass him.

But if Lesnar is to beat Mir, I'm calling 2nd round TKO when Mir starts getting too comfortable on his stand-up game with Lesnar.

I have a gut feeling that Lesnar will beat Mir though.

Nation

If Mir wins I quit watching UFC. Simple.

Wrestling fan and not an MMA fan.

If Lesnar wins it will be the death of MMA in the embodiement of one fighter. Lesnar doesn't suck by all means, but he isn't ready to be Undisputed Champion just yet. I don't think he deserved the title shot against Couture, but they are pushing him out of the galaxy. I hate Mir, but I hope he wins it for the sport of MMA. He has more experience than Lesnar, but his floor technique is horrible. His boxing is good, and he can match Lesnar in terms of wrestling. I think he has the ability to make Lesnar tap out again. I wouldn't count Lesnar out though as he is a good fighter all around. I just hope Mir wins.

Agreed except for the part about Mir's ground game.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Lesnar wins and shuts up the elitist MMA fans once and for all proving himself to be the best in the world today. If Lesnar beats Mir, the only man to defeat him thus far in his career, the only active heavyweight that can be stated in the same breath as Couture left is Fedor, after that if Lesnar wins this fight against Mir, if they don't get Fedor, then there isn't a soul in MMA that can beat him now without getting lucky. And MMA fans will either accept him, or leave in droves, either way, Lesnar is the man imho.

xtremebadass

If Lesnar beats Frank Mir, there is no denying Lesnar's ability. Alot of MMA fans out there think pro-wrestling is invading MMA and they don't like it. They don't like having a man who made a name for himself pro wrestling coming in and dominating. They believe it makes all UFC fighters look weak. They don't like being outshined by an outsider. My question is when will they begin to accept Lesnar if he continues winning.

WarMachine

Reaction score
There is no doubt in my mind Lesnar is a beast, hes always been one in WWE and now UFC how ever like some I do not agree that he deserved his title shot so soon, I think UFC was trying to pull in some more fans with Lesnars name being well known, To answer your question XBA I think fans will start accepting him more after his fight with Mir (If he wins) and then goes on to win a few more credible opponents, I am however a huge Mir fan been one for years and so I hope Mir stops Lesnar and I think he can do it, people say Mir got lucky in his first fight with Lesnar which I don't see as luck I see it as experience, Lesnar made a mistake and with his experience Mir was able to capitalize on it, Lesnar no doubt will be a great champion I just think this was to soon. Just my two cents.