Who Will Finally Defeat the Empress?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
They should have Lana squash Asuka on her debut on WWE. Shit would be amazing

It goes without saying that this would be a silly result, but it really wouldn't surprise me if it ends up being Lana who eventually does it.

WWE has a tendency to end undefeated streaks in a really anticlimactic way. Tatanka went undefeated for 18 months to lose to Ludwig Borga, who then went on to do absolutely nothing. Yokozuna was undefeated until he faces Hulk Hogan in an impromptu match at WrestleMania 9, in which that match is seen as being one of the worst decisions in WWE history... Hogan would then lose the belt back to Yokozuna in Hogan's first title defense over two months later. Kurt Angle lost to Taz due to being chocked out, which should have been illegal. Though Curt Hennig wasn't undefeated, WWF claimed he was during his second run with the company. He went nearly two years undefeated on television only to lose to Hulk Hogan (the man at the time who would benefit the least from defeated him) in a non title match on Saturday Night's Main Event.

Although it was WCW, not WWE, Goldberg's undefeated streak ending was also anti climactic, losing to Kevin Nash after being shocked with a cattle prod.

The only time I can think of that WWE did it right was for a fake undefeated streak anyway. They claimed Andre the Giant was undefeated for 15 years. Although this wasn't true, it was accepted as the truth at the time. So they ended the streak at WrestleMania 3, capitalizing on an undefeated streak the correct way by putting it on the line at the biggest wrestling card ever at the time.

So honestly, if Lana ends up upsetting Asuka, it would be an awfully horrible idea, but not one that would shock me too much.

That being said, in the WWE, streaks are more about the journey than the destination and I figure that will go this way too.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Asuka should lose her streak soon if she plans on staying full time. It loses its luster if all she does is win. Now if she's part time, shows up at PPV's or random intervals and decimates the divas division, well should could remain undefeated for like 3 years and it could be awesome.

Right now it's dull and stupid just like goldbergs streak was. You can't get too creative when everyone knows she's just going to win. If and when she does lose, it needs to be epic and take a lot. Like she should lose in a fatal 4 way where 3 other tops divas hit like numerous finishers on her and she loses the belt. Or have her go one on one with an Alexa bliss (example) and after a 30 min, insane back and forth great wrestling match, Alexa hits her over the head with the championship after the ref is down, and then hits her finisher and pins her.

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
Asuka should lose her streak soon if she plans on staying full time. It loses its luster if all she does is win. Now if she's part time, shows up at PPV's or random intervals and decimates the divas division, well should could remain undefeated for like 3 years and it could be awesome.
First of all, she's not a semi retired mega star, so she'll definitely be full time. Secondly it's the complete opposite. Once she loses, everything they built around her character so far was completely useless and she'll be just like any other dull face on that womens division. And the only way the streak loses it's "luster" is if she's facing people we know WWE has no interest in pushing. When she faces Emma, it's pretty clear who's going over, but if you book high quality match ups like Banks vs Asuka, people will question themselves on whether WWE's willing to make her lose yet or not. Just like people did with Ember Moon.

Right now it's dull and stupid just like goldbergs streak was. You can't get too creative when everyone knows she's just going to win.
Just imagine this exact comment on Taker's streak a decade ago. "Well, it loses its luster because we know he's gonna win at Mania". But it was probably the best thing to happen every Mania, wasn't it?

If and when she does lose, it needs to be epic and take a lot. Like she should lose in a fatal 4 way where 3 other tops divas hit like numerous finishers on her and she loses the belt. Or have her go one on one with an Alexa bliss (example) and after a 30 min, insane back and forth great wrestling match, Alexa hits her over the head with the championship after the ref is down, and then hits her finisher and pins her.
1) having a streak end in a multi women match doesn't help anyone in this situation because none of the 3 who are involved in the victory fully benefit off of defeating Asuka (and it would probably be very anticlimactic)
2) having it end by some cheap tactic is exactly what WCW did wrong, which I find ironic because you just took a shot at Goldberg's winning streak but now you recommend to have Asuka's end just as shitty as his
3) that's actually it, I thought that was it lol.

All in all, the more she wins, the more it matters and the more money matches WWE can promote. Like, they have Ronda Rousey finally coming up now.. don't you think having Ronda vs an undefeated Asuka is anything but "dull"? As far as who finally goes over, that has yet to come. Who knows who they'll trust in to take that from her, we don't know if they're gonna do something shitty with Bliss or something amazing with an up-and-comer in 2-3 years, but that's the point because it keeps people guessing

Hpnb910

Jobber
Reaction score
If I have to book it, Kairi Sane wins the nxt womens championship the night before survivor series and hold it for a year undefeated, just like Asuka. Meanwhile Asuka have won the title at Royal Rumble'18 and she remain undefeated on her road to wm35. On nxt Kairi's year long undefeated reign is going on before she relinquishes the title to give the other women opportunity and moves to smackdown where she immediately given a title shot, which she wins and she also hold it ,undefeated, till wm35.

Wrestlemania 35 we get first ever women's MAIN EVENT (And I mean the match that closes the night not wwe's "main event" that opens the show)
streak vs streak, title vs title (by that time I think the brand split would be over, if not it will just be streak vs streak, but if it is the match will be for the undisputed women's championship)
Raw women's champion Asuka vs SmackDown women's champion Kairi Sane, you can let anyone win from their I really don't care.
But as much as I love my own Idea this will never happen as Vince will never plan something so far into the future, even if he agrees to two japanese women being undefeated he may end up making it at wm34.
Well thats what I thought should happen.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
First of all, she's not a semi retired mega star, so she'll definitely be full time. Secondly it's the complete opposite. Once she loses, everything they built around her character so far was completely useless and she'll be just like any other dull face on that womens division. And the only way the streak loses it's "luster" is if she's facing people we know WWE has no interest in pushing. When she faces Emma, it's pretty clear who's going over, but if you book high quality match ups like Banks vs Asuka, people will question themselves on whether WWE's willing to make her lose yet or not. Just like people did with Ember Moon.

I'm aware she's not retired. I don't believe that at all. If that were true, Brock would suck right now and literally no one would give a shit after he lost to golderbeg. It's the opposite, and Brock came out on top. Granted he's part time, but I'm speaking in terms of winning streaks.

Just imagine this exact comment on Taker's streak a decade ago. "Well, it loses its luster because we know he's gonna win at Mania". But it was probably the best thing to happen every Mania, wasn't it?

It's different when someone when's every match on raw, smackdown, PPV's vs once a year. Apples and oranges. She's already lost her luster by going this long and never losing.

1) having a streak end in a multi women match doesn't help anyone in this situation because none of the 3 who are involved in the victory fully benefit off of defeating Asuka (and it would probably be very anticlimactic)
2) having it end by some cheap tactic is exactly what WCW did wrong, which I find ironic because you just took a shot at Goldberg's winning streak but now you recommend to have Asuka's end just as shitty as his

1.) just like with anytnjng in wrestling, if do right, it can get over. Plus we've never seen a streak ended this way to my knowledge.
2.) it's not when it get a major heel over like Alexa. It will get massive heat and still give her credibility because she nearly beat her without it and was the only one to push her to limit.
3.) ?

All in all, the more she wins, the more it matters and the more money matches WWE can promote. Like, they have Ronda Rousey finally coming up now.. don't you think having Ronda vs an undefeated Asuka is anything but "dull"? As far as who finally goes over, that has yet to come. Who knows who they'll trust in to take that from her, we don't know if they're gonna do something shitty with Bliss or something amazing with an up-and-comer in 2-3 years, but that's the point because it keeps people guessing

"First of all, she's not a semi retired mega star, so she'll definitely be full time. Secondly it's the complete opposite. Once she loses, everything they built around her character so far was completely useless and she'll be just like any other dull face on that womens division. And the only way the streak loses it's "luster" is if she's facing people we know WWE has no interest in pushing. When she faces Emma, it's pretty clear who's going over, but if you book high quality match ups like Banks vs Asuka, people will question themselves on whether WWE's willing to make her lose yet or not. Just like people did with Ember Moon."

I'm aware she's not retired. I don't believe that at all. If that were true, Brock would suck right now and literally no one would give a shit after he lost to golderbeg. It's the opposite, and Brock came out on top. Granted he's part time, but I'm speaking in terms of winning streaks.

"Just imagine this exact comment on Taker's streak a decade ago. "Well, it loses its luster because we know he's gonna win at Mania". But it was probably the best thing to happen every Mania, wasn't it?"

It's different when someone wins every match on raw, smackdown, PPV's vs once a year. Apples and oranges. She's already lost her luster by going this long and never losing.

"1) having a streak end in a multi women match doesn't help anyone in this situation because none of the 3 who are involved in the victory fully benefit off of defeating Asuka (and it would probably be very anticlimactic)
3) that's actually it, I thought that was it lol."

1.) just like with anytnjng in wrestling, if do right, it can get over. Plus we've never seen a streak ended this way to my knowledge.

2.) it's not when it get a major heel over like Alexa. It will get massive heat and still give her credibility because she nearly beat her without it and was the only one to push her to limit.

"All in all, the more she wins, the more it matters and the more money matches WWE can promote. Like, they have Ronda Rousey finally coming up now.. don't you think having Ronda vs an undefeated Asuka is anything but "dull"? As far as who finally goes over, that has yet to come. Who knows who they'll trust in to take that from her, we don't know if they're gonna do something shitty with Bliss or something amazing with an up-and-comer in 2-3 years, but that's the point because it keeps people guessing"

No, you're wrong. It's dumb when they're undefeated nonstop, unless it's part time. It works with Brock for this reason, or did i should say. It has already lost its luster in my eyes. You named one star in Ronda rousey... lol she won't be here forever. Then who will face asuka and actually be taken seriously for 3 years straight... non stop matches with Ronda?? And take into account she needs tons of opponents over the next 3 years because she's full time, and they have to be credible adversaries. But since she's undefeated in every match, literally. It's dull and predictable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Red Rain

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score

Lol, also, braun Strowman was undefeated for a while, too, and, based on your logic, he prob should've stayed undefeated for like 3 years and somehow WWE would just keep feeding him tons of formitable opponents and keep it all fresh and fun when braun always wins... it's dull dude, face it. I think that the fact that he lost to reigns made him better as he ultimately learned from that, came back stronger, and whopped his ass. The point is that you don't keep streaks like that going for too long with full time guys/gals.

SWL

Hotshot
Reaction score
It's different when someone wins every match on raw, smackdown, PPV's vs once a year. Apples and oranges. She's already lost her luster by going this long and never losing.
who, besides you, said she lost her luster? She's the most over act in the womens division in WWE right now.. thanks to that winning streak so I don't see what you're trying to get across here.

1) and I already gave you a reason as to why we haven't seen it yet and probably won't. It does nothing besides.. well.. end the streak. I don't wanna bring Taker up again but I doubt Brock would have gotten as much out of that victory at Mania 30 if it was in a fatal 4 way or a triple threat. It's called putting someone over.
2) I see you love listening to the audience here because all the fans ever wanted was a great thing to end with a screwy WWE finish. Good stuff. I'm sure nobody would shit on the company for going that route. Nonono, they'll look at this and go "wow, Alexa's the real deal, my dudes". Sorry I have to break it to you but it would literally do nothing for either of them. If you'd say Bliss goes over clean after a 20 minute banger, I'd consider it but let's be honest. Bliss can't even put on a 5 minute banger lol. The person that takes that first W against Asuka should be the next face of the division and a serious threat to anyone on the roster, not a plot twist

No, you're wrong. It's dumb when they're undefeated nonstop, unless it's part time. It works with Brock for this reason, or did k should say. It has already lost its luster in my eyes. You named one star in Ronda rousey... lol she won't be here forever. Then who will face asuka and actually be taken seriously for 3 years straight... non stop matches with Ronda?? And take into account she needs tons of opponents over the next 3 years to seem credible. But since she's undefeated in every match, literally. It's dull and predictable.
I like the "no, you're wrong". Shows that you're a real class act who respects other people's OPINIONS. The Ronda thing was just an example lol, didn't know you took that so serious. Obviously I cannot predict the future but I'd guess there are more women that are coming up or who are already here who could be a serious threat to her. Ember could get called up and go "one more time", easy to follow story with the possibility of Ember finally going over in their 3rd match. It all depends on the situations and the talent you have to your disposal.
And yes, if you would book her weekly it would be a squash show every week.. but they don't have to book ever in a match every week lol. Easy as that. After a while she can just be the champ waiting for her challengers to fight it out weekly just so she can win the big fights. Like I said in my original post, they can have her only fight when the title's on the line or on PPVs in general. That's what they did in NXT anyways and it worked. Never said they will, but they could and it would most definitely work imo because despite what you think, the majority of people eat undefeated streaks up

Lol, also, braun Strowman was undefeated for a while, too, and, based on your logic, he prob should've stayed undefeated for like 3 years and somehow WWE would just keep feeding him tons of formitable opponents and keep it all fresh and fun when braun always wins... it's dull dude, face it. I think that the fact that he lost to reigns made him better as he ultimately learned from that, came back stronger, and whopped his ass. The point is that you don't keep streaks like that going for too long with full time guys/gals.
every person starts somewhat of an undefeated streak when they get called up or when they start out with something new. It just depends on how the company portraits it. They never really handled Strowman's wins as an undefeated streak, so they also didn't have to make a big deal out of him losing to Reigns. The story was: Strowman didn't have enough competition so they gave him their, in kayfabe, best guy and he lost. Simple. With Asuka they marketed it as an undefeated streak, so they can make a big deal out of whoever ends it.

Not saying it would hurt her to lose it right away because she's still a big draw for most people but they have a unique opportunity to make this streak matter and do something different with the women

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
who, besides you, said she lost her luster? She's the most over act in the womens division in WWE right now.. thanks to that winning streak so I don't see what you're trying to get across here.

1) and I already gave you a reason as to why we haven't seen it yet and probably won't. It does nothing besides.. well.. end the streak. I don't wanna bring Taker up again but I doubt Brock would have gotten as much out of that victory at Mania 30 if it was in a fatal 4 way or a triple threat. It's called putting someone over.
2) I see you love listening to the audience here because all the fans ever wanted was a great thing to end with a screwy WWE finish. Good stuff. I'm sure nobody would shit on the company for going that route. Nonono, they'll look at this and go "wow, Alexa's the real deal, my dudes". Sorry I have to break it to you but it would literally do nothing for either of them. If you'd say Bliss goes over clean after a 20 minute banger, I'd consider it but let's be honest. Bliss can't even put on a 5 minute banger lol. The person that takes that first W against Asuka should be the next face of the division and a serious threat to anyone on the roster, not a plot twist

I like the "no, you're wrong". Shows that you're a real class act who respects other people's OPINIONS. The Ronda thing was just an example lol, didn't know you took that so serious. Obviously I cannot predict the future but I'd guess there are more women that are coming up or who are already here who could be a serious threat to her. Ember could get called up and go "one more time", easy to follow story with the possibility of Ember finally going over in their 3rd match. It all depends on the situations and the talent you have to your disposal.
And yes, if you would book her weekly it would be a squash show every week.. but they don't have to book ever in a match every week lol. Easy as that. After a while she can just be the champ waiting for her challengers to fight it out weekly just so she can win the big fights. Like I said in my original post, they can have her only fight when the title's on the line or on PPVs in general. That's what they did in NXT anyways and it worked. Never said they will, but they could and it would most definitely work imo because despite what you think, the majority of people eat undefeated streaks up

every person starts somewhat of an undefeated streak when they get called up or when they start out with something new. It just depends on how the company portraits it. They never really handled Strowman's wins as an undefeated streak, so they also didn't have to make a big deal out of him losing to Reigns. The story was: Strowman didn't have enough competition so they gave him their, in kayfabe, best guy and he lost. Simple. With Asuka they marketed it as an undefeated streak, so they can make a big deal out of whoever ends it.

Not saying it would hurt her to lose it right away because she's still a big draw for most people but they have a unique opportunity to make this streak matter and do something different with the women

You're digging a pit. Based on current streaks or even old, having her be undefeated for like 3 years is beyond foolish. Agree to disagree.

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
Asuka vs Charlotte at WrestleMania, please.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
"First of all, she's not a semi retired mega star, so she'll definitely be full time. Secondly it's the complete opposite. Once she loses, everything they built around her character so far was completely useless and she'll be just like any other dull face on that womens division. And the only way the streak loses it's "luster" is if she's facing people we know WWE has no interest in pushing. When she faces Emma, it's pretty clear who's going over, but if you book high quality match ups like Banks vs Asuka, people will question themselves on whether WWE's willing to make her lose yet or not. Just like people did with Ember Moon."

"Just imagine this exact comment on Taker's streak a decade ago. "Well, it loses its luster because we know he's gonna win at Mania". But it was probably the best thing to happen every Mania, wasn't it?"

"1) having a streak end in a multi women match doesn't help anyone in this situation because none of the 3 who are involved in the victory fully benefit off of defeating Asuka (and it would probably be very anticlimactic)
3) that's actually it, I thought that was it lol."

"All in all, the more she wins, the more it matters and the more money matches WWE can promote. Like, they have Ronda Rousey finally coming up now.. don't you think having Ronda vs an undefeated Asuka is anything but "dull"? As far as who finally goes over, that has yet to come. Who knows who they'll trust in to take that from her, we don't know if they're gonna do something shitty with Bliss or something amazing with an up-and-comer in 2-3 years, but that's the point because it keeps people guessing"

No, you're wrong. It's dumb when they're undefeated nonstop, unless it's part time. It works with Brock for this reason, or did i should say. It has already lost its luster in my eyes. You named one star in Ronda rousey... lol she won't be here forever. Then who will face asuka and actually be taken seriously for 3 years straight... non stop matches with Ronda?? And take into account she needs tons of opponents over the next 3 years because she's full time, and they have to be credible adversaries. But since she's undefeated in every match, literally. It's dull and predictable.
Wait. Did you just quote dude, then proceed to type the exact same post manually to boot? Nice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crash

collim1

The Artiste
Reaction score
Whoever does finally beat her needs to immediately go to the other brand with her new over status and have a good run.

Then Asuka can regain her credibility on the other brand. Then rematch in a year at Wrestlemania.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Wait. Did you just quote dude, then proceed to type the exact same post manually to boot? Nice.
Yeah he poured out a lot of shit, so I quoted what he said and then directly replied to what I requoted of his, otherwise no one would've had any clue wtf I was replying to.

Reactions: Red Rain

SWL

Hotshot
Reaction score
Yeah he poured out a lot of shit, so I quoted what he said and then directly replied to what I requoted of his, otherwise no one would've had any clue wtf I was replying to.
you can select a sentence and then only quote what's selected, so you're still quoting it but you don't have to write it out again