• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Royal Rumble Who will be Ironman of the RR?

Who will last the longest in this years Royal Rumble?

• John Cena

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Big Show

• Mark Henry

• AJ Styles

• Tye Dillinger

• Shinsuke Nakamura

• Kurt Angle

• Shelton Benjamin

• Total voters

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Which WWE Superstar will claim the title of this year's Ironman at the Royal Rumble? AKA Who will last the longest?

I've made a poll of some of the projected Superstars and even some wildcard ones that aren't official at all. If you have a write in just mark other and post your candidate.

My guess is: Samoa Joe off the debut (34 minutes).

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I actually think this is a pretty cool and thought provoking question.

I went with "other" because I have a really nagging suspicion that Chris Jericho is going to have a big role in this rumble. I want him to win, but WWE rarely lets the guy I want to win actually win. So that being the case, I at the very least think he should be the iron man.

If it's not Jericho, it's going to be Strowman. I could see them giving him a Kane Rumble this year.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I say one contender is Dean Ambrose if he is competing. I know usually the Ironman is someone who is upper-midcard and needs the rub and while Dean was WWE Champion, he is a possibility.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I say one contender is Dean Ambrose if he is competing. I know usually the Ironman is someone who is upper-midcard and needs the rub and while Dean was WWE Champion, he is a possibility.

I left the former SHIELD members off of this list for no particular reason other than they didn't come to mind as participants because it looks like they have other things going on except for maybe Seth Rollins.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I left the former SHIELD members off of this list for no particular reason other than they didn't come to mind as participants because it looks like they have other things going on except for maybe Seth Rollins.

I know there is a chance that Dean may be participating in the Rumble, even if he competes for the IC title. Most the time the midcard titles are off the show in favour of the Rumble. Oh, another possibility, The Miz to show he isn't "a coward."

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Seth Rollins will be number one. So him.
I could definitely see it. I hadn't considered that, but he's the perfect age and the perfect sort of guy to go on one of those near coast to coast runs.

Roman did it last year, why not another former shield member to do it again.

and yes I completely agree, Seth is at the point in his career where it would be a suitable fit for him to come in as Draw 1 or 2 and last until the final four.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero2
Roman did it last year, why not another former shield member to do it again.

and yes I completely agree, Seth is at the point in his career where it would be a suitable fit for him to come in as Draw 1 or 2 and last until the final four.

Yup. Roman will be put in later to avoid boos as much as possible. Ambrose will probably be having a match against Miz earlier in the night so will end up being a late entry. Rollins proved he could do it in 2014 when he was number 2 and he really needs to do something face and anti-authority if they're going for Rollins/HHH at mania so I presume it's going to be HHH forcing Rollins to be number one.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Chris Jericho was the iron man this year, lasting 51:20. I mean, technically, it was Reigns, who lasted 59:48, but he was out for like 20 minutes. lol

So, will it be Y2J again next year? I doubt it. I'm gonna go with Rollins.