Who thinks TNA has turned into WCW with Hogan and in charge?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

bigdave2905

Reaction score
I think ever since hogan has been in charge he has ruined TNA by bringing back the nwo, Ric Flair, nasty boyz, and terrible wwe midcarders like Sean Morley and brian Kendrick.

My opinion is that he is turning into WCW when he should be concentrating on decent youngsters like daniels, AJ styles, Samoa Joe, Amazing Red Motor City Machine guns (which i don't know how they haven't had the tag titles).

if he keeps going down the same path he is going to kill tna like wcw was killed his management skills are about as good as his wrestling poor

chessarmy

I've heard the comparisons between the two so many times at this point I could care less. The fact is, there's probably no other company that will ever be as mismanaged and as screwed up as WCW was towards the end. Say what you want about TNA, but at least everything is organized, they're trying to push some young talent, the company is turning a profit, and there isn't mass chaos backstage.

The actual product is similar, yes, and Hogan has done nothing but help that, however I think its time people move on from this "omg itz wcw all over again" because unlike WCW, I don't see TNA going down in flames anytime soon

Double J

Reaction score
I've heard the comparisons between the two so many times at this point I could care less. The fact is, there's probably no other company that will ever be as mismanaged and as screwed up as WCW was towards the end. Say what you want about TNA, but at least everything is organized, they're trying to push some young talent, the company is turning a profit, and there isn't mass chaos backstage.

The actual product is similar, yes, and Hogan has done nothing but help that, however I think its time people move on from this "omg itz wcw all over again" because unlike WCW, I don't see TNA going down in flames anytime soon

Actually I've read numerous reports saying moral is down again in the lockerroom amoung the originals. Now I like TNA, I've actually been watching it more than WWE as of late, but I do think if they continue on this path (bringing in more unneeded guys, shunning the originals, keeping Bischoff on screen 50% of the show,ect,ect) then they'll end up like WCW.

But it's still too soon to tell.

The Rated R CMStar

Personally I don't see how they are pushing young talent, but that's an entire different animal.

Anyways, product wise, yes, the product is very similar to WCW. Management wise, I don't know how TNA is doing, so anything I'd say would be especulating.

I mantain. TNA is either going to blow up in a good way, or blow in a bad way, and I see that happening, either the good or the bad, rather soon

Reaction score
For TNA to be the next WCW they first need to have been on top of the wrestling world, then they need to crash face first. TNA has only crashed a few different times. But even in it's worst dying days, WCW's ratings were still way better than anything TNA has reached. TNA is, at it's current best, a poor bastardized WCW but lacking an identity and no idea of what success is. It's an insignificant footnote in wrestling history that seems to be serving as a "good ole boys" reunion hall instead of the facade it has fooled people into believing it is. They need to sniff some sign of success before they can be the next WCW.

phantomgerald

Without Hogan, TNA would always have been the second brand. Nothing they did were able to put them over the top. Hogan is undoubtedly the biggest name casual fans know, and although I question his skills in and out of the ring, he will attract casual fans to tune in and that is how you get to hit a bigger rating.

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
Maybe becoming WCW is good? Shit, I know WWE today is far from what they used to be, I say that in the most negative way possible btw.

So maybe if he turns it into a brand that almost topped WWE before, he can top WWE now. Seriously new TNA > old TNA. Even though it should really be called ex-WWE. Do they use excessive ex-WWE guys? HELL TO THE YEAH! But does it work? Yes.

opinion is that he is turning into WCW when he should be concentrating on decent youngsters like daniels, AJ styles, Samoa Joe, Amazing Red Motor City Machine guns (which i don't know how they haven't had the tag titles).
Daniels, Joe & Styles shouldn't even be considered youngsters since they're TNA vet's already. Same goes for MCMG. Amazing Red is garbage imo. AJ Styles is the WHChampion right now, how are they not concentrating on them. They're moving Daniels back to his old gimmick since it was a better attraction, and drew more. MCMG had their chance in the old TNA but messed it up due to them being little girls about getting bladed. Also, Hogan's reign just started. Why the **** are you complaining?

-TJ-

I think ever since hogan has been in charge he has ruined TNA by bringing back the nwo, Ric Flair, nasty boyz, and terrible wwe midcarders like Sean Morley and brian Kendrick.

My opinion is that he is turning into WCW when he should be concentrating on decent youngsters like daniels, AJ styles, Samoa Joe, Amazing Red Motor City Machine guns (which i don't know how they haven't had the tag titles).

if he keeps going down the same path he is going to kill tna like wcw was killed his management skills are about as good as his wrestling poor

Are you high? Brian Kendrick a terrible midcarder... Die...

I dunno... I have began to believe that the two have started to become similar... I'm not including the end of wCw in this comparison... Nothing will compare to that.

bigdave2905

Reaction score
Daniels, Joe & Styles shouldn't even be considered youngsters since they're TNA vet's already. Same goes for MCMG. Amazing Red is garbage imo. AJ Styles is the WHChampion right now, how are they not concentrating on them. They're moving Daniels back to his old gimmick since it was a better attraction, and drew more. MCMG had their chance in the old TNA but messed it up due to them being little girls about getting bladed. Also, Hogan's reign just started. Why the **** are you complaining?[/quote]

I am complaining as he as actually said in an interview that he doesn't want to push any tna originals so when Aj styles loses the belt he will probably come a midcarder imo the way its going if he keeps the tna originals of the ppv and puts useless crap on there they are not going to get ratings if i wanted to see old people fight i would go to care home

The Rated R CMStar

Hulk Hogan will attract the casual fan? Seriously, by now, anybody he was attracting, has been attracted already, and I still see the same ratings, with the slight spike when they do some crazy shit like the Screwjob.

Double J

Reaction score
First off TNA and WWE will never draw the ratings they did in the 90s-early 2000s.

Hogan did pull alot of ratings to WCW but it was mainly because of the NWO storyline. nWo is now something we've seen too many times and wont pull people in aswell as it did before. Right now they seem to be running things very similar to the way they did in WCW which isn't going to help much at this time.

G 3

Reaction score
You have to realize Eric Bischoff isn't bad at doing what he does. I think WCW would have done great if Eric bought the company. Eric Bischoff literally took WCW to the top. I believe TNA needs Eric Bischoff to get to the top. I also don't believe Hulk Hogan is as "In Charge" as you may believe. I think Dixie gave the final say to Eric not Hulk.

chessarmy

Hulk Hogan will attract the casual fan? Seriously, by now, anybody he was attracting, has been attracted already, and I still see the same ratings, with the slight spike when they do some crazy shit like the Screwjob.

They got a 1.5 on Monday night, proving that maybe the ratings increase everyone's been hoping for will happen if they move there for good.

I could be wrong though, only time will tell. I think its unfair to judge the Hogan signing right now, give it some more time

TDamien

Reaction score
For TNA to be the next WCW they first need to have been on top of the wrestling world, then they need to crash face first. TNA has only crashed a few different times. But even in it's worst dying days, WCW's ratings were still way better than anything TNA has reached. TNA is, at it's current best, a poor bastardized WCW but lacking an identity and no idea of what success is. It's an insignificant footnote in wrestling history that seems to be serving as a "good ole boys" reunion hall instead of the facade it has fooled people into believing it is. They need to sniff some sign of success before they can be the next WCW.

Exactly!!! WCW was huge before Hogan and Bischoff took over. Sting, Lugar, Flair, DDP, Road Warriors, etc. were already huge. Anyone who watched WWE knew who they were. Hogan and Bischoff made them bigger... to the point where anyone who watched TV knew who they were.

As good as Daniels, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, etc. are... they have a looooooong way to go to reach the status of Sting, Lugar, Flair, etc.