Who Should Ric Flair’s Final Match At Wrestlemania 24 Involve...???

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

who you guys want Flair to fight in his farewell match??

• Shawn Micheals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hulk Hogan

• Ricky Steamboat

• Sting

• Triple H

• Batista

• Undertaker

• Vince Mcmahon

• Mick Foley

• Randy Orton

• Total voters

Soulpower

I believe Sting's contract with TNA ends at year's end.... He would make a fitting opponent for Flair's last match. Maybe they could convice Terry Funk to wrestle one more time, it wouldn't be pretty but it would be a nice send-off for both men.

If all else fails, Batista turns heel and teams with Randy Orton and faces Ric Flair and HBK or HHH. I would prefer HHH (for the Evolution ties) but if he's in the ME, then use Shawn.

Montana

Yea, The sting rumor is being looked at, and i'd like to see it.

I think the most likely right now is Batista vs Ric Flair.

Reaction score
I think Flair should go out in a Fatal Four Way hell in a cell match with his opponents being the current WWE ECW and WHC Champions. In which the winner takes all the titles. FLair would then win, and retire with everyone coming to ring side congratulating him and such crying confetti the whole works. Then the WWE could have another small draft to mix some shit up, and hold small tournaments for the belts as they have been vacated. Thus making Ric Flair an Undisputed Champion but getting one step about Y2J with three championship belts. Being WWEs first and only triple crown champion and 19 time World Champion. It would make history in its own right being HIAC, 4 way, and Flair winning all titles at one time. However then retiring an hour later lol. Thats what I think they should do. Give one of the greats one last run.

Hell they did it for Hogan and JBL and hell they gave the WHC to Rey. And also the WHC to Goldberg once more before he left.

It would make him 1 time ECW Champion, 3 Time WWE Champion, and 7 Time WHC Champion.

THen the NWA Champs he had round out the 16, and the 3 from WM would make it 19. WOOOOOOOO

Travis40

I also thought of Ric Flair and HHH (Face) vs. Batista and Orton (Heel) the match would end with the Figure 4 on Batista and all 4 men would hug at the end of the match and Orton would still look good and would get a face turn without the belt. And to TOK....how would they hang the HIAC at WrestleMania this year??? It's in a football stadium with no roof....

Reaction score
LOL. I am not really sure, if anyone could figure that out it would be WWE. Or at least make it some kind crazy gimmick match.

Reaction score
I didn't know he was retiring at WM24. That's gonna be a sad one, retiring after all these years. He deserves a great match, being the greatest of all time and all. haha

I don't like the hell in a cell match idea. He should go out with honor, and not be all bloody and battered. Something more classy would be better. Nothing against HIAC matches, i just think that it really doesn't fit the occasion. As far as who he goes against, i think HHH would be the best idea. But if he is in the main event, then I'd say Cody Rhodes would be the next best thing. It would be a good "passing the torch" match. As far as him winning the world title, it would be cool, but i really wouldn't mind either way.

theres my two cents

Reaction score
I still stand by what I said earlier, that he should beat whoever is the current champion, then vacate the belt the next night on Raw. Then maybe he could pick talent for a tournament or something. It just makes sense for Flair, who has won 16 world titles, to get one more, in his last match. Because if they built up a Ric Flair "last match is a world title match at Wrestlemania", kind of thing. I can, right now guarantee that the buyrates would be through the roof, and I'm talking more buyrates for WM in years. This would be for 2 reasons.

1-People would know that Flair is really retiring from in ring acvtivity for good
2-People would know that he would win the title.

It would just be a smart move IMO.

vickymania

Reaction score
now,members are running around saying that the nature boy should retire as champion or have a title run before he retire's..what i ask is " Is Ric Flair deserving of another World Title reign (whether it be the World HeavyWeight Title or the WWE Championship)...??? "

now those in favour of another title reign will cite a few facts that I cannot argue with. They are (in no particular order):
(a) The watering down of World Titles since there are now 3 in the WWE
(b) that an experienced wrestler such as Flair can beat anyone on his night, and
(c) a legend such as Flair deserves another title reign before he retires.

I cannot argue with any of those 3 reasons. And I may seem like a complete ba$tard for saying this, but I don't believe any combination of those 3 factors merits a World Title reign for such a veteran wrestler that is well past his best. Yes, Flair can still wrestle a more than decent short to medium length bout. He has proven that this year. But in a semi-realistic way, Flair has no business being ranked anywhere near the best wrestler in the business here in 2006.

so i would like WWE to give him a legend's match or a one-on-one with any of the evolution members and give him a perfect farewell by presenting him a replica of the heavyweight title and a standing ovation..amen

Viva La Luke

Reaction score
Iam surprised no one has actually mentioned this yet, but what about
Ric Flair Vs Hulk Hogan
Imagine if Flair was able to go over Hogan; cementing the fact that he is the best wrester ever, of course because of Hogans ego it won't happen.

vickymania

Reaction score
Flair vs Hogan will be a big bet at WM24 if WWE can get Hogan for this..i doubt it cause hogan's keeping his mind on starting a wrestling promotion of his own..

Slipknoted

Reaction score
someone said evolution 4-way.....i really like that, should have flair win by making orton tap with the fig.4

Dairydude

Reaction score
someone said evolution 4-way.....i really like that, should have flair win by making orton tap with the fig.4

Now THAT is booking at it's best

Not for a title or anything, just for prosperity

KenFan4life

Reaction score
I'm gonna say John Cena.Why?, cause if they keep the belt on Cena til WM24 he'll get a lotta heat,thus in turn giving fans more reason to cheer on Flair.
No.....How about booking "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair up againest "The GreenBay Gladiator" Mr.Kennedy?,now that'd be awesome.Maybe make it a triple-threat by adding HBK and I think it'd be neat.

vickymania

Reaction score
kennedy will be having fueds with HHH,no doubt..when HBK returns,i'd like him to be thrown in the WWE championship mix..i like the idea as well,evolution 4-way match for flair's last match or else have a legends match..i hope WWE gets Hogan for this..these two have never had a fight at WM..WM deserves this and flair deserves it as well as his farewell match..