Who should end the streak? Or should it not end?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Undertaker has made a wrestlemania legacy by being undefeated for 20 plus years. His fallen foes include greats such as Jake the snake roberts,Shawn michaels,The rock etc.

The streak as most call it has become a staple in Taker's career. My question is who should end the streak or should it even be broken?

Could any current superstar end the streak...or better yet is any o the current superstars even worthy of having such an honor of defeating Taker at Mania?

Whom ever ends the streak(if it ever ends) would have the rub of a lifetime. They would have defeated by default numerous WWE legends.

Should the streak be ended? Who should end it? Should a legend come back and end the streak? Are any current superstars deserving of such an accomplishment?

Thoughts?

shrayan

The Artiste
Reaction score
lakh duniya kahe tum nahi ho .....tum yahi ho .....tum yahi ho..............

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I personally think the loss of the streak is a big deal that is simply too grand to pass up on but there is just no one around that I want to see break it at the moment.

Many suggest that Cena beating it and turning heel as a result of the negative backlash he'd get from even his own fans (most likely) would probably be the best way to go. However, as long as Cena is their #1 cash cow and/or as long as there aren't any strong babyfaces for a heel Cena to oppose (a heel run can only be great when you have great babyfaces to balance it out) then it's not a risk worth taking. Even if it did work out, I wouldn't want to see Cena beat the streak.

I think the best choice is someone who is clearly the next face of the company, someone who could go up against Taker and even beat him and not receive a shitload of negative backlash for it (it's possible.) This would also work if this person was already a main eventer, so long as he wasn't one for maybe more than a year or so. But there isn't anyone like that around right now, and Taker's time is obviously limited, so I'm going with Taker keeping the streak.

(Undertaker never beat The Rock at Wrestlemania, for the record.)

Hannah Bee

PhilWres Babe
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Keeping the streak will solidify the Undertaker's legacy. Sure, the streak will be a HUGE boost for the person who will beat it, but I think Mark rightfully deserves to keep it until he retires.

Also, I can't think of anybody who deserves it that much as how big Undertaker's efforts are to keep the streak exciting ang legitimate. All of his streak matches were 5-star worthy.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Scarlette said:
Keeping the streak will solidify the Undertaker's legacy. Sure, the streak will be a HUGE boost for the person who will beat it, but I think Mark rightfully deserves to keep it until he retires.

Also, I can't think of anybody who deserves it that much as how big Undertaker's efforts are to keep the streak exciting ang legitimate. All of his streak matches were 5-star worthy.

:pity1: Giant Gonzales

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
He should keep the streak theres alot of factors that could play out in a negative way if the streak was lost.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
I think Danny may be right.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
HHH, HBK, Kane, Cena, Lesnar or Orton should be ending it if it would end.

HHH and HBK are such legends with the status of being able to beat Taker at WM.

Kane is his ''brother'' and it would fit perfectly. Kane winning the match and having Taker laying on the ground. Paul Bearer coming out with a casket screaming ''It's time! It's time! It's time to go home!'' And Taker being put in the casket by Kane and when Taker is just about to get rolled out of the arena, one thunderbolt blasts on the casket, and then moves on to the back.

Cena is also a possible contender. But there it's also possible to have Cena winning, for him to become an ultimate heel, which is not the case with HHH, HBK and Kane.

Lesnar is one who has battled with Taker before. Not sure how Lesnar and Taker are right now. I know they had a little heat which was seen on a UFC video when Taker was interviewed. Lesnar walked by with a look in his eye, and Taker responding with ''you wanna go?''. So I don't know if it could work out.

Orton has already had the chance, because IIRC, Taker already wanted to give it to Orton. Could be an awesome way to bring back ''The Legend Killer'' status which Orton had years ago. It would solidify Orton as a heel again, the role that fits him the best.