Who should be TNA Champion?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kirsty

Reaction score
Since Sting is a complete failure as a world champion. Who would you PREFER to be World Champion right now instead of Sting?

I would like to know how Sting is a faliure as TNA Champ?

In my oppinion he is actually the prefered choice over most of the other talent at the moment. Maybe not so much the younger talent but like TNA is ever going to give someone like Hernandez, Christopher Daniels or even Alex Shelley for that matter a shot at the title.

Beer Money Army

i only think there is 3 guys that a worthy to hold that TNA championship at the moment... Kurt Angle, Samoa joe and Aj Styles.. are 3 best solid performers for TNA in the past 6-8 months...

The problem i got with Sting as TNA world Champion is the Fact the man turns 50 this year... It's Just funny to see a 50 Year old smashing people up...

Sting is consider a draw.. But you want your tna champ should be the biggest draw and those 3 i mention before are TNA biggest draws at the moment..

Kizza

How does Alex Shelley's name get tossed into this? It took him ages to win the bloody X Division title. I think that the guy is supremely talented, but he's not over enough. Styles was champ cos he has talent + is their most over face. If Shelley is going to be heel, he has to be more over then Angle, Booker and Sting, which isn't gonna happen in the near future.

Hometown Kid

Shelly for TNA champ, if styles can be champ then there is no reason why shelly cant have the belt
Not gonna happen. I like how you're thinking though. Sabin should win the title + tag titles and they'd be double champs. How awesome would it be to get all the titles away from this gay MEM/Front Line feud?
If Shelley is going to be heel, he has to be more over then Angle, Booker and Sting, which isn't gonna happen in the near future.

Lets be honest here. Are either Sabin or Shelley really heel? I mean, they've messed with Foley and have been wise-ass characters at times but they still motion for the crowds' approval, high five the fans and they always get cheered. + Before the Blue "blading" incident and burial they were the 2 most over guys in TNA. They can get back to that pretty easily tbh.

Having said that I think AJ should be champ. He probably should have won the title a long time ago in all honesty.

paulie

Reaction score
i dont really mind the title on sting but i would like him to be more ruthless while with the MEM but i dont think that is ever going to happen,,,,aj is the best if the belt is going on a face and if staying heel is has to be angle i hope hernandez get a push also

Beer Money Army

alex shelley will need to wrestler more ****, better promo's and have more experience and years in the game before he even gets a title shot for the tna world championship.....

J

AJ Styles needs a good reign already. He had an ok one after he beat Jeff but definitly not as good as it could have been, maybe also Daniels when he comes back and re-establishes himself again.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

What about Hernandez? In my oppinion he's way overdue for a push.

Surely that's a joke. The guy has subpar mic skills and isn't that great in the ring. Everyone knows that Homicide is the workhorse of LAX. All Hernandez has is some big, flashy moves (wow, sounds like the Hardy Boyz now I think of it >_>). The only thing Hernandez has going for him is that he can connect with the Hispanic demographic, which wouldn't even be that large considering they're based out of Orlando.

AJ needs it. He's the top TNA original, and he's the guy who has been made to look like he could take it from Sting. He's leading the Front Line (fuck Foley, 3D and Rhino), so he has to take it. Lockdown has to be his time.

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
Who ever said Sting was a failure as the TNA champion, in my honest opinion, he is one of the best while with the MEM, he is a typical heel champion not want to get too damaged before matches at PPV's but that might just be me.

Other then Sting, the only guy I can see taking the title the title from him and still making it look credible is AJ Styles, he is good on the(although very boring at times) and he can wrestle a damn good match, he is also over with the fans and I think he would do well. Also TNA Originals>All

Kizza

I'd rather see Sting be champion. At least Sting makes that title look credible. He's a veteran with over 20 years of experience. Sure he isn't as talented as he was, he's a little slower, a little weaker, but at least he looks like a champion, and the guy that you want to have your belt on.

Beer Money Army

What about Hernandez? In my oppinion he's way overdue for a push.

That's the biggest joke i have ever heard. :smh

the man coudlnt even wrestle a better match with sting, But rhino did a better job...

i should neg rep for that comment.. :smh to any hernandez praising

Kizza

I don't mind Hernandez, but he really is the perfect example of the muscle of a tag team. I thing he does his big power man role really well, but for the love of God, keep Homicide on the microphone.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Who ever said Sting was a failure as the TNA champion, in my honest opinion, he is one of the best while with the MEM, he is a typical heel champion not want to get too damaged before matches at PPV's but that might just be me.

Other then Sting, the only guy I can see taking the title the title from him and still making it look credible is AJ Styles, he is good on the(although very boring at times) and he can wrestle a damn good match, he is also over with the fans and I think he would do well. Also TNA Originals>All

I never said Sting was a failure as champion, but I'm going to jump in here.

He's been better than Joe (though that's not much of an accomplishment >_>), BUT he never deserved the belt in the first place. Coming back after nine months and of doing nothing shouldn't get you a title shot.

I also don't see how AJ would be the only man to make the belt look 'credible' when you have both Kurt Angle and Booker T who could do the very same.

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
I never said Sting was a failure as champion, but I'm going to jump in here.

He's been better than Joe (though that's not much of an accomplishment >_>), BUT he never deserved the belt in the first place. Coming back after nine months and of doing nothing shouldn't get you a title shot.

I also don't see how AJ would be the only man to make the belt look 'credible' when you have both Kurt Angle and Booker T who could do the very same.

But that would mean that Sting would have to turn face. I meant to say that he was the only face that could take the title.

Also, I forgot to say that too.