Who owns the world?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score

This was a great video. I actually learned a lot from it. I already knew that no one in the US owns their own land but the country/government own it. At most, you can own the house but never the land it sits on. You basically own the rights to use it. That is about it. And if for whatever reason the government decides to take it from you... they can. Just look at those Texas farmers who lost their land a few years ago.

Most people know that though. What I didn't know is that the Queen actually owns the UK, Canada, and Australia. Not in terms of "TRUE" ownership but she has rights over the land.

Also... If we were to give every single person fair ownership of the land in the entire world equally... We would all own 5 acres of land. That is a good amount of land. Enough to have a few homes on, a farm, and then some. Funny to think about. We aren't really short on space when you look at it that way.

TLDR/TLDW: No "one person" technically owns any land just the rights to it.

That is depressing. Thank God for cats. :kitler:

Reactions: Doxo

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
200.gif

Wardi_12

The Artiste
Reaction score
Pete Price and his lizard empire

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Hmmm. This isn't actually completely correct. There are people who own land and technically the federal government cannot seize it from them. But these people have land patents as opposed to warranty deeds for the land. If you have a valid land patent, then not only do you own the land outright, you also are not required to pay income taxes on that land. There are land patents in the United States, but they are in the vast minority. Most people just get warranty deeds for their land and they assume that trumps everything else.

The Supreme Court ruled that land patents are the end all and be all of property ownership. And if you have a warranty deed on your land, you can get a land patent for it. This is done exceedingly rarely, however, because most people have no idea what a land patent is and they assume the warranty deed is all they need.

However even if you have a land patent and you do technically own the actual land, you cannot secede that land from the United States. I recall a story about a farmer who had a land patent and he announced his farm was seceding from the US and becoming its own independent nation. The military was sent in and he did lose his land. Treason seems to trump land patents.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Hmmm. This isn't actually completely correct. There are people who own land and technically the federal government cannot seize it from them. But these people have land patents as opposed to warranty deeds for the land. If you have a valid land patent, then not only do you own the land outright, you also are not required to pay income taxes on that land. There are land patents in the United States, but they are in the vast minority. Most people just get warranty deeds for their land and they assume that trumps everything else.

The Supreme Court ruled that land patents are the end all and be all of property ownership. And if you have a warranty deed on your land, you can get a land patent for it. This is done exceedingly rarely, however, because most people have no idea what a land patent is and they assume the warranty deed is all they need.

However even if you have a land patent and you do technically own the actual land, you cannot secede that land from the United States. I recall a story about a farmer who had a land patent and he announced his farm was seceding from the US and becoming its own independent nation. The military was sent in and he did lose his land. Treason seems to trump land patents.

Did you watch the video or just commented on what I said? Cause we all know I say things that likely don't make complete sense. lol

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Did you watch the video or just commented on what I said? Cause we all know I say things that likely don't make complete sense. lol

No I didn't watch it. I just assumed what you said was what was in the video. And I was only commenting on the United States, nowhere else. Because I really don't know how it works anywhere else.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
No I didn't watch it. I just assumed what you said was what was in the video. And I was only commenting on the United States, nowhere else. Because I really don't know how it works anywhere else.

He explains it a lot better than I did. I get what you are saying but he touched on something (I can't remember what the heck it was called) being signed years ago dealing with land. It is worth the watch. This guy is very intelligent.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
He explains it a lot better than I did. I get what you are saying but he touched on something (I can't remember what the heck it was called) being signed years ago dealing with land. It is worth the watch. This guy is very intelligent.

OH! He's intelligent is he? Intelligent! And I'm not! Oh well let's just see how intelligent he is!

I'm of course just joking

• Haha
Reactions: Solid Snake