Money in the Bank Who "Needs" The Briefcase?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuzion

The Artiste
Reaction score
:boohoo:I think Balor is going to get it and hes going to cash in and fail to win

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I haven't watched RAW, so I'm unsure if they've revealed the competitors?
This is co-branded right, so is there going to be 4 money in the bank matches, or just superstars from each brand in male and female matches?
I'll give a superstar for each brand for men and women.

It's two ladder matches, one male and one female. There will be 8 participants of each, four from Raw and four from Smackdown.

As far as who needs it... I agree with Snowman. I'm over the whole MITB thing. It's a cheap way to get a title and especially in this past year, it seems to be more of a liability to the company and to writing stories than it is a strength. No matter who you book to be champion, you have this looming MITB briefcase holder over every decision. Plus when we do have a briefcase holder, we get constant teases at cash ins and I find those annoying. If they want to continue doing it, give the winners the title match at Summerslam. The anytime cash in, I feel should end.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Probably Balor or Rusev for guys. Balor needs an extra push to get him back in the world title scene, and the same goes for Rusev.

Women, I would go with ember moon or becky lynch.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
It's two ladder matches, one male and one female. There will be 8 participants of each, four from Raw and four from Smackdown.

As far as who needs it... I agree with Snowman. I'm over the whole MITB thing. It's a cheap way to get a title and especially in this past year, it seems to be more of a liability to the company and to writing stories than it is a strength. No matter who you book to be champion, you have this looming MITB briefcase holder over every decision. Plus when we do have a briefcase holder, we get constant teases at cash ins and I find those annoying. If they want to continue doing it, give the winners the title match at Summerslam. The anytime cash in, I feel should end.

On thinking more about this, I'm certainly thinking there's still a place for it, but not this year. All the positives are still there...

But I still remember how worried and afraid I was at MITB last year, when most people called for Corbin and Carmella to win and they wound up doing so, and we can argue how beneficial it was but Corbin saving us from Jinder was not just an unlikely outcome but a ultimately shitty one outside of a one-night pop, and we see what's going on with Carmella.

MITB can still give some quality stories (like an unlikely Chad Gable win, leading him to cash in on Seth later on as a face and let him be the underdog champion nobody believes in, or letting Sasha hold the briefcase for a while while Alexa and Nia feud until October lol).

What if Balor wins? Well you sorta wasted it since you can just have Finn Balor win a tournament, or just become #1 contender fairly easily. Moreso with Strowman.
If someone like Rusev wins he'll job his ass off get a random win and be a chicken heel.
Eh.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
MITB is sometimes won by people who shouldn't be champion. So I don't mind them giving it to someone who can easily just get a title match without the case.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
I'd vote for Ziggler to get it again. His last run with it was great

Arrow1

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I need the briefcase. Put me in MITB. I won't follow storyline.. I'll just walk up the ladder, grab the briefcase, and drop a :pipebomb:

• Haha

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Big E or Joe. But, Def Big E. He’s never “broken out” as a singles star, and this is the perfect way to do so. Joe has had a UT shot at Brock and headlined. Let Big E build his singles career on the platform of being MITB.